Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-07-2014, 11:47 PM

13,827 posts, read 30,021,216 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by datxcali View Post
I prefer talking too. I also agree that most people don't know how to communicate (women included), which is why texting works better than talking.
So, when the two finally meet up, do they just sit there (like say, at a restaurant, or park) and text each other? Or do they sit there together and text other people?

Old 02-08-2014, 01:17 AM

4,751 posts, read 5,460,153 times
I waited tables for years, and most of my girlfriends have waitressed or worked in the service industry at some point or another. It is our JOB to be friendly, smile, remember customers (and their orders), etc. Several came up with different ways of avoiding the pit of getting asked out, up to and including wearing a fake engagement ring.

Generally, you shouldn't ask out someone who is waiting on you unless she has given you very, very clear and obvious signals that she wants you to ask her out. But really, you shouldn't ask out your waitperson, especially if it someplace where you are a regular. Just makes things too uncomfortable.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2014, 02:08 AM

184 posts, read 168,913 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
Absolutely NOT. Totally the opposite in fact.
Nope wrong. Are you an older person?

Old 02-08-2014, 02:33 AM

4,857 posts, read 7,636,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by datxcali View Post
Nope wrong. Are you an older person?

Are you gonna tell us it's a generational thing and that younger women don't like a guy who is confident enough to approach them, talk to them and get to know them, that they'd rather a stranger text them?

It might be true if you're talking about some girls under 21, but then those girls are going to grow up and stop thinking it's so cute, and want a man who goes after what he wants.

Old 02-08-2014, 02:46 AM

16,200 posts, read 23,122,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertin75 View Post
Hello:

So I have been going to a restaurant at least once a week for more than a year because I really like the food.

About 6 months ago a new waitress was hired which I found beautiful.

Most of the times she was the one who took my order so lately she already knows what I normally drink and eat which is pretty much the same thing that I really like.

So every time she sees me she just smiles and says "The same?". I know the smile has nothing to do because it's part of their job to have a nice attitude. But my point is that she already knew what I liked to order.

I'm usually a little shy at the beginning so last Friday I told myself "What the heck?" I'm going to ask for her phone number and I really don't care about the outcome.

So when she brings the check I asked her if she was single and she said yes. Then I said "Could I have your phone number?"

At first she kind of hesitated but then she took the receipt and wrote her name and her phone number.

Next Monday (3 days after seeing her) I sent her a simple text message saying "Hello, this is [my name] from the restaurant who goes there every Friday. How are you? Did you enjoy the super bowl?"

And that was it. I did not write something like You are the hottest girl I've ever seen !! Or could I take you out?

I simply wanted to start a conversation.

Long story short she never responded my text message and today I went to the restaurant again (as usually every Friday) and she took my order but she barely looked at me and only said once if I needed anything.

I did not tell her anything like complaining why she did not answer my message, or give me a call, etc.

I simply asked for the check and left.

Has anybody been in similar situations?

I usually tip the waitresses 15%-20% depending on the service. Maybe she was expecting a big tip since she gave me her phone number and when she saw that I only left 20% she thought that I may be a cheapo?

I really don't understand why she gave me her phone number and never answered my text message.

Thanks
She is probably seeing loads of other guys. What I would have done to made an impression on her is to probably be a bit douche. I would have brought along maybe a sister or a female friend as a date to this very establishment this woman work as waitress. From then on she would probably notice you as a desirable person. She would give you the phone number regardless later on but her taking note that you are with other women would make her more interested in communicating with you.

Old 02-08-2014, 03:27 AM

189 posts, read 512,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dport7674 View Post
Men ask women out.
Boys send texts.

Which one are you?
Sorry but I'm not that desperate.

Asking her out right away in the restaurant would probably make her feel very uncomfortable.

Old 02-08-2014, 03:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dport7674 View Post
You're soft.

When she hesitated to give you her number, that was a HUGE red flag. You went ahead and texted some lame shyt about the super bowl. Weak.
OK she hesitated because she told me "I may get in trouble" after I asked her phone number.

Could be that they are not allowed to give phone numbers to customers.

Lame shyt?

What would you have texted? "Hey babe it's me the sexy guy from the restaurant ! Let's get together, get drunk and have sex at my place?"

Jezzzz

Old 02-08-2014, 03:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
Absolutely NOT. Totally the opposite in fact.
I disagree with you ChessieMom but thanks for your opinion.

Old 02-08-2014, 03:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Aguilar View Post
So, when the two finally meet up, do they just sit there (like say, at a restaurant, or park) and text each other? Or do they sit there together and text other people?
You don't get the point compadre.

Texting at early stages is the right way to go in my opinion. But as everything you don't have to agree.

Your assumption makes no sense.

Old 02-08-2014, 03:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonBeam33 View Post
I waited tables for years, and most of my girlfriends have waitressed or worked in the service industry at some point or another. It is our JOB to be friendly, smile, remember customers (and their orders), etc. Several came up with different ways of avoiding the pit of getting asked out, up to and including wearing a fake engagement ring.

Generally, you shouldn't ask out someone who is waiting on you unless she has given you very, very clear and obvious signals that she wants you to ask her out. But really, you shouldn't ask out your waitperson, especially if it someplace where you are a regular. Just makes things too uncomfortable.
You haven't read my first post MoonBeam33.

I never asked her out.

I asked for her phone number and she wrote it down.

Very simple.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships