Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-06-2014, 01:04 AM

102,261 posts, read 108,277,635 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by freemkt View Post
I am still trying to wrap my mind around the concept of how a woman can think a stranger will be decent in bed, other than by conflating 'hot' and 'decent in bed'.
This is why most women aren't into sex with strangers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2014, 01:59 AM

33,016 posts, read 27,522,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
Not good as he had!

Aw that is sad. One of the things I've gotten from reading this forum is the idea that I don't want to have sex with another person if I can't expect it to be as good for them as it would be for me. (This was with a specific person in mind, but it's a good general principle to follow.)

Old 05-06-2014, 02:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Getting dumped before getting their "O", is the point. Wham-bam-thankyou-ma'am has never gone over well with the ladies.

This is exasperating to the thinking man. Women are designed to have multiple orgasms. What sort of nitwit wouldn't want women to fulfill their design? It's not a zero-sum game!

Old 05-06-2014, 07:34 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,947,431 times
Quote:
Aw that is sad. One of the things I've gotten from reading this forum is the idea that I don't want to have sex with another person if I can't expect it to be as good for them as it would be for me. (This was with a specific person in mind, but it's a good general principle to follow.)
Um he was with the blow up doll.

Old 05-06-2014, 08:26 PM

Quote:
This is exasperating to the thinking man. Women are designed to have multiple orgasms. What sort of nitwit wouldn't want women to fulfill their design? It's not a zero-sum game!
lol! There are a lot of nitwits out there, I guess. Go tell 'em, Tiger!

Old 05-06-2014, 10:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
lol! There are a lot of nitwits out there, I guess. Go tell 'em, Tiger!

Here's another way to look at it:

Arbitrarily define the effort (assuming skill and care) required to bring a man to orgasm as 1 unit of effort. (A handy convenience of arbitrariness is that the numbers work out just the way you want.)

The average effort required to bring a woman to orgasm (assuming the same skill and care as above), especially in the case of multiple orgasms is probably going to be less than 1 unit of effort, and declining over some range in the case of multiple orgasms.

So 1 unit of effort typically gets more/better results when applied to women than when applied to men (and over some range, marginal results improve with additional units of effort). This suggests that a lot of men are either ignorant, selfish, or lazy.

Old 05-06-2014, 10:51 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,767,033 times
Am I understanding you correctly, freemkt--you think a female orgasm takes less effort to induce than a male one?

Old 05-06-2014, 10:52 PM

Quote:
This suggests that a lot of men are either ignorant, selfish, or lazy.
lol! You said it, we didn't.

Old 05-07-2014, 03:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
Am I understanding you correctly, freemkt--you think a female orgasm takes less effort to induce than a male one?

I was assuming proper foreplay - not factored into the effort (it's play, right? ). So it depends on where you start the effort clock, I guess. It all sounded good, but...

...and in the middle of investigation, it breaks down.

Except when you're going for more than one. Don't bother analyzing...let's go out there and have fun. Go team!

Old 05-07-2014, 12:15 PM

6,548 posts, read 7,291,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hivemind31 View Post
I don't remember any more, but I think the bolding was hers, not mine. Either way, of course the number would go up, but it wouldn't come close to the men's number. STD risks go both ways, as does getting dumped (though I don't see how relevant that is to practitioners of casual sex).
Most of the women that you ask that describe why they aren't interested in casual sex indicate that they want something "more", a connection, the aspects of a relationship that casual sex doesn't offer. While I don't doubt that sexual satisfaction is a factor, it pales in comparison to the aforementioned.
Agree agree. Someone said getting dumped before climaxing may be the reason why women may think twice about this. A guy could also have doubts about having casual sex with a woman who just lays there like a starfish or deer on headlights and be dumped before even getting things started. Risks for casual sex go both ways.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships