Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-13-2014, 08:02 PM

2,319 posts, read 3,050,380 times

Advertisements

I don't think you are ugly. I saw your other thread about the picture and since I don't do on-line dating I didn't think I had anything to offer. I thought some of the comments were extremely harsh and surprised at some of the crap comments that people thought were important about stuff in the room, etc. BUT since I am mostly attracted to buff men, I definitely noticed the muscles that could be seen in the picture. I don't think you should cover those up quite so much in your picture!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2014, 08:21 PM

867 posts, read 908,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
Think INCLUSIVE not EXCLUSIVE.
This is going to be my mantra when I re-write it. Inclusive not exclusive.

Old 03-13-2014, 08:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metaphysique View Post
I hopped back on briefly to pull up the profiles of men I spoke/interacted with in the past. My BF's profile is disabled, else I'd have shared it. Some of these are long/verbose, and others less so, but they at least had some meat/substance. I prefer longer profiles.

The match ratings were all in the 90's, but none were the right fit for me. Still, they had interesting profiles.

http://www.okcupid.com/profile/MistarBunnah

http://www.okcupid.com/profile/Beach-Erudite

http://www.okcupid.com/profile/thecaveat

http://www.okcupid.com/profile/TypewritinMonkey

http://www.okcupid.com/profile/singularity_man

http://www.okcupid.com/profile/TreeOfHeart

OkCupid | EdStryker / 48 / M / Montreal, Quebec, Canada

OkCupid | dpal72 / 41 / M / Pasadena, California

Probably the longest, next to my BF's, profile I've come across.

OkCupid | alwaysenjoyit / 45 / M / San Diego, California
Awesome! Thanks for that. I have some homework to do.

Old 03-13-2014, 08:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molli View Post
I don't think you are ugly. I saw your other thread about the picture and since I don't do on-line dating I didn't think I had anything to offer. I thought some of the comments were extremely harsh and surprised at some of the crap comments that people thought were important about stuff in the room, etc. BUT since I am mostly attracted to buff men, I definitely noticed the muscles that could be seen in the picture. I don't think you should cover those up quite so much in your picture!
Wow, thanks miss Molli...that made my evening...I have my self-esteem back!

Old 03-13-2014, 09:07 PM

16,391 posts, read 30,920,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Molli View Post
No one called him ugly. His pics however, were poor choices.

Old 03-13-2014, 09:17 PM

35,095 posts, read 51,217,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artifice32 View Post
So, I vetted a pic here for my online profile with dismal results. I learned I'm an ugly guy...but...but...there is nothing wrong with that.

I reviewed my profile and took down all the pics because they were all pretty bad. I'm in the process of updating the profile with new pics...but...but...what about substance i.e. the profile itself and not just the pics. Here is my OKcupid profile for your critique. Thank you in advance for your response.

OkCupid | Hank_1981 / 32 / M / Orange, California

Why not see what happens with it as it is for a week or so then decide if you want to change anything.
If you decide to change something change one thing then leave it for a week then change something else and so on.

You never know who is going to be looking at it and who it will appeal to.

Old 03-13-2014, 09:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
Why not see what happens with it as it is for a week or so then decide if you want to change anything.
If you decide to change something change one thing then leave it for a week then change something else and so on.

You never know who is going to be looking at it and who it will appeal to.
That's good advice. I'm going to change the books/movies/food section because while I'm being honest and I do feel that way as I think burglar pointed out it comes across as pretentious and condescending.

Old 03-13-2014, 09:24 PM

191 posts, read 220,708 times
You seem kind of rigid in your tastes. You only watch movies by one specific writer/director, read only classics, only listen to classic rock - seems a bit close minded and snobby to me.

Old 03-13-2014, 09:31 PM

102,193 posts, read 107,809,412 times
I completely disagree about the "pretentious and condescending". I didn't get that at all. Music and film tastes aren't everything. Relationships are about so much more. He shows a romantic side, talking about stargazing. He says he's not "high stress" (i.e. he's laid back). I thought the whole thing was pretty good. There are a lot of women out there who are into classic rock, anyway. He likes classic literature? Who cares? I hate literature. But I'm an avid reader of non-fiction. As long as someone's into reading and some quiet downtime, peppered with musical activities and other fun stuff, somebody with those general interests and characteristics could be a match. Those details don't have to be perfect, exact matches, they're just an indication of his personality.

I wouldn't change anything, if I were you, OP. But...what do I know?

Old 03-13-2014, 09:37 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,680,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
No one called him ugly. His pics however, were poor choices.
They weren't flattering --- everyone has less than perfect pictures but most people post their more flattering ones.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships