Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-29-2014, 05:48 PM

5,648 posts, read 8,060,993 times

Advertisements

Because I'm not a kid person and am also suspicious of the mother herself. I was dating one who said she was childless, but turns out she had one or two kids which I didn't know about. So I had to let her go. Not because she had kids, but she's just a liar.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2014, 06:09 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,898,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
I am a single mom and will date who I want. And have.The real world does this all the time. My dad was a single father, mom dated him. Friends mom was a single mom and dated and married a guy. Too much stigma associated with a single mom that is untrue.
What I don't get is why there is a stigma associated with single moms, yet not with single dads. We see them all the time, single moms are trash, they slept around, etc but how often do we see this with single dads? The fact of the matter is some single parents are trash, just like some childless, etc. I have come across more than my share of trashy single dads on dating sites yet they probably don't experience this hatred many women do.

I will say though that some parents really don't get it when it comes to why some childless reject them. The hatred I have gotten on dating sites has been out of control at times when it shouldn't be. If a childless person doesn't want to date a parent, the parent should look at other options. Look at this way, if someone is dead set against dating them, does it make sense to hope they will change their mind instead of pursuing someone else?

Old 03-29-2014, 06:36 PM

432 posts, read 492,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon_fly_12 View Post
Dating a single dad isn't always the "best" option for a single mom, and that has to do with a lifestyle situation. For example, I live in city A and I have a single dad in city B. If that dad is even remotely involved with his children, he can't move from his city. And, chances are that I can't move from mine OR I will move to city C for a better job.

So, that means I limit my single dads to only City A. And, if I need to relocate for any reason job related, the relationship ends.
What's location got to do with it? There's a crap ton of single dads (it takes two), pick a closer one... or just make the time. He has to do the same. That's the crux of having kids. Deal with it. 99.9% of us guys without kids don't want to raise your kids or work around your compromised lifestyle. When (of if) we do want to make that compromise, we will with our OWN marriage and children.

Old 03-29-2014, 06:44 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,886,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idon'tdateyou View Post
What I don't get is why there is a stigma associated with single moms, yet not with single dads. We see them all the time, single moms are trash, they slept around, etc but how often do we see this with single dads? The fact of the matter is some single parents are trash, just like some childless, etc. I have come across more than my share of trashy single dads on dating sites yet they probably don't experience this hatred many women do.

I will say though that some parents really don't get it when it comes to why some childless reject them. The hatred I have gotten on dating sites has been out of control at times when it shouldn't be. If a childless person doesn't want to date a parent, the parent should look at other options. Look at this way, if someone is dead set against dating them, does it make sense to hope they will change their mind instead of pursuing someone else?
True if I'm not wanted I then don't want you.Some single dad's are crap a.k.a. dead beat fathers. Some single people without children are crap too.

I found out in life you never know who you will fall in love with or marry. Life changes a lot.

Old 03-29-2014, 07:51 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,898,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
True if I'm not wanted I then don't want you.Some single dad's are crap a.k.a. dead beat fathers. Some single people without children are crap too.

I found out in life you never know who you will fall in love with or marry. Life changes a lot.
Deadbeats are the worst. When I did online several of the men I came in contact with were deadbeat dads and there's no way I would date them. I wish people though would realize if someone doesn't want them then they aren't the one for them. There were men who didn't want me and I could have gotten upset but I figured I didn't want them either.

Old 03-29-2014, 07:59 PM

543 posts, read 534,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by back2MD View Post
Single Moms need love too and don't expect for you to pay our way, we're strong and independent because we have to be. I just don't understand why some or most men hate dating a single mom especially if she is attractive. I don't get it.
There's three possible scenarios for a single mom.

1. She is such a horrible person that the guy messed up, entered into a relationship with her and had a child. Why would I want her?

2. She messed up and entered into a relationship, and had a child with some idiot. Great judge of people there. I have to really question her decision making. Was she just blinded into wanted to have a child that she ignored all else?

3. She's a widow. I think this tends to be the least common, but not impossible scenario.

Now, let's say that I did want children for some reason. Why would I want to jump into someone else's half started life? I'm somehow expected to give up (a) the the decision a couple makes to have a child, (b) the birth of said child, and (c) the early parts of that childhood. It's already mentioned that "replacement dad" will always come second, which is in no way, shape, or form appealing. Every traditional family I've been witness to always had both parents on equal footing in this regard. There was no "second tier" parent.

So single moms?

So why do so many men make a issue about dating single moms online?-01-how-about-no-bear.jpg

Old 03-29-2014, 08:01 PM

26 posts, read 25,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flathead4 View Post
There's three possible scenarios for a single mom.

1. She is such a horrible person that the guy messed up, entered into a relationship with her and had a child. Why would I want her?

2. She messed up and entered into a relationship, and had a child with some idiot. Great judge of people there. I have to really question her decision making. Was she just blinded into wanted to have a child that she ignored all else?

3. She's a widow. I think this tends to be the least likely, but not impossible scenario.

Now, let's say that I did want children for some reason. Why would I want to jump into someone else's half started life? I'm somehow expected to give up (a) the the decision a couple makes to have a child, (b) the birth of said child, and (c) the early parts of that childhood.

Attachment 127745
Bad deal all the way around.

Limited (if any) upside potential. Unlimited liability potential.

Walk off lot.

Old 03-29-2014, 08:37 PM

457 posts, read 694,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by back2MD View Post
Single Moms need love too and don't expect for you to pay our way, we're strong and independent because we have to be. I just don't understand why some or most men hate dating a single mom especially if she is attractive. I don't get it.
I can't speak for everyone else, but personally, every single mother I've seen that gets a boyfriend has that boyfriend play a father figure or take care of the child in some aspect, and honestly that's just not something I'm into at this time in my life.

Old 03-29-2014, 08:39 PM

4,523 posts, read 3,409,168 times
Could be wrong, but I think a lot of guys are scared of dating single Mothers because of the potential baby Daddy involved. Also, who knows if the baby Daddy tries to get back into her life, further complicating things if you're dating her.

I wouldn't have a problem dating a single Mom, although I'd want to be sure that the baby Daddy isn't in her life, or is only around to take care of his kid(s), and not to get back together with her.

Old 03-29-2014, 08:58 PM

543 posts, read 534,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle_RedPill View Post
Bad deal all the way around.

Limited (if any) upside potential. Unlimited liability potential.

Walk off lot.
I hadn't even touched on the potential financial consequences. Unlimited liability indeed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships