Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2014, 11:13 PM

52,347 posts, read 52,808,634 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon_fly_12 View Post
Please quote where I stated men that don't want to date single moms are total losers?

What my point was, and still is, was acknowledging that single moms tend to be the brunt of the single parent stigma when it comes to dating - and, very coincidentally, I just happened to come across an OLD profile at that moment that proved as an example.

Single moms are told to lower their standards, don't be so picky, or just accept that kids are a deal breaker. Double standard?

On the DH forum, it is common opinion that single moms are "pumps and dumps" and otherwise need to be avoided.

I don't waste my time pining over men that rule me out because I have a child. Just as I don't expect men to pine over me for ruling them out as smokers. I get that. I am only voicing that there is a huge ratio difference between men and women on the kids topic.
Like I said.... in real life it isn't so gross as you read here... I know this to be true.... so keep your head up and don't let this place get you down.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2014, 11:14 PM

957 posts, read 1,061,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon_fly_12 View Post
Please quote where I stated men that don't want to date single moms are total losers?

What my point was, and still is, was acknowledging that single moms tend to be the brunt of the single parent stigma when it comes to dating - and, very coincidentally, I just happened to come across an OLD profile at that moment that proved as an example.

Single moms are told to lower their standards, don't be so picky, or just accept that kids are a deal breaker. Double standard?

On the DH forum, it is common opinion that single moms are "pumps and dumps" and otherwise need to be avoided.

I don't waste my time pining over men that rule me out because I have a child. Just as I don't expect men to pine over me for ruling them out as smokers. I get that. I am only voicing that there is a huge ratio difference between men and women on the kids topic.
Yeah, I did seem to mix up Chowhounds and your comment.

I can agree with that, I figured both were basically common knowledge I guess. Children, bad habits, and below average looks all hurt your market value. Shyness is my hurdle…

I've been set up on dates by my buddies wives with women who are single moms. I'm not opposed to it, but it's certainly a drawback, in real life I wouldn't even care about it until things got real. I honestly don't know how I would proceed if it got to that point.

Old 03-28-2014, 11:34 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,906,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
It applies equally to sing dads too... there are a few regulars that talk about it.

Idon'tdateyou is a loud vocal anti-single dad poster.....

Well Taco Man is a dad, of several animals. Seriously though while I tend to talk about it a lot, it was a experience that really upset me. Maybe if I had a better experience I might be on here telling people it's no big. The reality is it's something people should look at closely before deciding to do it.

Old 03-28-2014, 11:37 PM

52,347 posts, read 52,808,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idon'tdateyou View Post
Well Taco Man is a dad, of several animals. Seriously though while I tend to talk about it a lot, it was a experience that really upset me. Maybe if I had a better experience I might be on here telling people it's no big. The reality is it's something people should look at closely before deciding to do it.
This is probably the most honest and best post I've ever seen you write.........

Old 03-28-2014, 11:42 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,906,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
This is probably the most honest and best post I've ever seen you write.........
Thank you. I know I do tend to ramble on about this topic but it really did have an effect on me. I often wonder what would have happened had my experiences been good, would I be on here telling people the positives? perhaps. What we experience in life, whether it's dating or job or something else affects our lives.

Old 03-28-2014, 11:58 PM

3,452 posts, read 4,625,756 times
--Baby Daddy Issues

--Lack of free time due to child responsibilities

--Unresolved Emotional Baggage from past relationship

Not saying that every single mother comes with these worries..

But some men just don't want to deal with these things. IT IS THEIR CHOICE.

If you single mothers don't like it....find a guy that IS willing to work with you.

Old 03-29-2014, 12:49 AM

639 posts, read 679,794 times
May be they are looking for fresh... Lol...

Old 03-29-2014, 05:39 AM

625 posts, read 953,841 times
I am currently dating a single mom with four kids. She told me that she wanted whomever dated her to marry her in two years and be a father for her kids. But I would not marry someone with four kids that are not mine. I was always honest with her about this ever since she talked about what she wanted in the future. I broke up with her over this in October, but we got back together in December. She actually took me back despite my stance on this. Believe it or not, she wanted me to come back more than I wanted to come back. She told me later on (about two weeks ago) that the reason why she wanted me to meet her family was because she was hoping that I would change my mind. I love her very much and I like her kids. But I would never marry someone who has four kids that are not mine. Honestly, the reason why I am still in such a complicated relationship is because I really am in love with her.

Old 03-29-2014, 06:51 AM

6,230 posts, read 6,933,770 times
The kid is definitely the deal breaker for me. I don't like or want children.

Old 03-29-2014, 07:45 AM

10,216 posts, read 8,319,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by back2MD View Post
Single Moms need love too and don't expect for you to pay our way, we're strong and independent because we have to be. I just don't understand why some or most men hate dating a single mom especially if she is attractive. I don't get it.
I do not want to help raise another mans child. Therefore, once I find out a woman has a kid I am done with her.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships