Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-29-2014, 07:54 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,701,121 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarshallV84 View Post
Why are men total losers if they don't want to date single moms? Everyone has their preferences, this seems pretty silly to me. Kids are kind of a big deal… As far as OLD dating goes I think you should skip to the next profile if they have anything negative on their profile. Men or Women! Nothing is worse than reading about how jaded someone is. I want to date somebody upbeat and fun!

If a woman doesn't want to date me because I own a dog, or spend to much time snowboarding I don't hold it against them, I just get over it and move on.
I imagine it would be tiresome to try to date if there was a large and unavoidable group who made it a point to say how much they disliked dogs, what lowlifes dog owners were, that snowboarders should only date one another, and so on. There is no loud-and-proud group of doghating anti-snowboarders.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2014, 08:03 AM

599 posts, read 693,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
I imagine it would be tiresome to try to date if there was a large and unavoidable group who made it a point to say how much they disliked dogs, what lowlifes dog owners were, that snowboarders should only date one another, and so on. There is no loud-and-proud group of doghating anti-snowboarders.
so true.

Old 03-29-2014, 08:08 AM

8,793 posts, read 8,164,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by back2MD View Post
Single Moms need love too and don't expect for you to pay our way, we're strong and independent because we have to be. I just don't understand why some or most men hate dating a single mom especially if she is attractive. I don't get it.
Depends on what the goal is...

For me, I am looking for someone who can "road trip" with me, anytime, at the drop of a hat. Can't do that when you have responsibilities of job, or parents, kids, or pets to care for.

Old 03-29-2014, 08:18 AM

4,828 posts, read 4,284,428 times
I'm dating a single mom of two now, and I can tell you that my situation is more unique than what many of you are posting about. When I dated single mothers in the past, I tended to stumble across the same types. The ones that had terrible baby daddys and the parents never helped out with the kids. In a nutshell, they had their kids 24/7 and didn't always have the money to pay for a babysitter. I'm dating a single mom that has two things going in her favor. A grandmother that loves keeping the kids and a father that is involved in his kids lives. I'm not saying that dating a single mother is a walk in the park, but it truly does make dating easier when they can leave their kids with people they trust. Like most good single moms, she feels guilty when she comes over and leaves her kids with her mother. She feels selfish (like many single moms) for having a life and not spending as much time as possible with her kids.

At the same time, she knows that she's ready to date and meet a decent human being. She knew that she would have to be creative in order for her to make enough time to see someone and enough time to continue the bond with her children. We have been consistently seeing each other 2-3 days a week, which seems to be the average for even the single women with no kids.

From my own personal experience, there's a lot of single moms who just don't have the support system to truly date. For the single moms who have the support system (I have a few single mom friends) it took a little more effort, but their dating lives weren't too terribly different as a parent than they were as a single woman. It just requires that support system in order to meet the right person and attempt to keep that right person around.

In conclusion single moms aren't bad. There's just single moms who have the means to realistically date and single moms who truly don't (if your end goal is to meet a good man).

Old 03-29-2014, 08:34 AM

957 posts, read 1,060,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
We all choose our own path =)

I'm not arguing with you, nobody said life is fair! In the end, you're the one who chose to have children. It's not your fault I am shy, thats on me. I find it silly to blame the other gender for my lack of social skills.

Either way, it's not going to change unless you put yourself out there and keep trying.
Good luck.

Old 03-29-2014, 09:04 AM

684 posts, read 869,261 times
I believe being a good parent is the toughest job of all, and I believe that being a single parent makes the job still tougher.

Speaking as a male, I would say that for those who hold that there are two standards on this matter, you are almost assuredly right. However, let's recognize and remember that when it comes to people, culture, races, ethnicities and the sexes, there are two standards in life for many things in many ways.

Perhaps I'm in error, but one thing I came to recognize and clearly appreciate based on my experiences as the years passed is that, on average, women seemed to me to possess a much stronger maternal drive than the usual paternal drive in men. In other words, I highly suspect that the drive to parent is stronger on average in a woman versus a man. And I think that is natural given that life's clock for women runs on a different schedule than life's clock for men. So if a women were to say to me that as a single parent she thinks there are different standards for men and women, I would not disagree with her.

Net, women and men are different in many ways and that will always be true. Both sides need to reflect on this truth and appreciate that there are differences and then astutely and prudently respect, deal and cope with them in a wise way.

Old 03-29-2014, 09:25 AM

5,347 posts, read 7,199,924 times
A hot single mom will have more options than an average childless woman

Old 03-29-2014, 09:31 AM

2,947 posts, read 7,020,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarshallV84 View Post
We all choose our own path =)

I'm not arguing with you, nobody said life is fair! In the end, you're the one who chose to have children. It's not your fault I am shy, thats on me. I find it silly to blame the other gender for my lack of social skills.

Either way, it's not going to change unless you put yourself out there and keep trying.
Good luck.
You obviously missed the message here.

Old 03-29-2014, 09:32 AM

4,236 posts, read 8,142,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradPiff View Post
A hot single mom will have more options than an average childless woman
What kind of options? The only thing is for certain, the hot single mom puts out.

I'd still take the average childless woman.

Old 03-29-2014, 09:37 AM

2,947 posts, read 7,020,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by relationshippro View Post
May be they are looking for fresh... Lol...
This is ignorant.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships