Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-06-2014, 12:14 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,306,679 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
No, I do not applaud poor behavior in anyone. If she did something bad to you I would tell you that she's messed up.

What you did is very wrong, just a flat out mean thing to do. Here's someone who was probably excited for the night, doesn't get out too often because she has a kid. Some guy finally asks her out, she says she has a kid and he just leaves her sitting there.

Honestly, it makes me kind of mad thinking about how terrible of behavior this is.

I'm not a woman, and it's not about being pushed around. The way you act is worse than a 5 year old with aspergers.
I don't think I did anything wrong. I was going to apologize to her but I didn't do anything bad so I won't apologize. People walk out on dates all the time but it I get attacked when I do it. She will live..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2014, 12:14 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,168,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan27 View Post
I don't think I did anything wrong. I was going to apologize to her but I didn't do anything bad so I won't apologize. People walk out on dates all the time but it I get attacked when I do it. She will live..
You have a screw loose somewhere.

Old 04-06-2014, 12:18 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,306,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
You have a screw loose somewhere.
No I do not.

Old 04-06-2014, 12:23 PM

Quote:
It's true. She was a nice woman. The kid thing however was a dealbreaker. Maybe I was an ass for what I did, but she can find a man who do for what I can't do.
Quote:
Once she said she had kid, I dont why but I freaked out. I felt like I had to leave. So I did it. Now I'm feeling bad.
Quote:
I am going to text her and apologize.
Quote:
If she does tell me that, I deserve it. But If I don't apologize, I'll continue to feel guilty. Then I can move on.
Quote:
You would applaud her if she did it to me. Don't even get me started with the hypocrisy talk! If you think you and the others on here are going to push me around on here like other men you are mistaken.
Quote:
Honestly, I wouldn't care. Women walk out on dates all the time, but when I do it all hell breaks loose!
Quote:
If I am no longer interested, why stay? I really don't see what the big deal is. And no she wouldn't, the blame would go on me for "boring her."
Quote:
How? Women get praise for this kind of stuff. But when a man does it he is a jerk and a bad person. And I'm the hypocrite... Smh whatever.
Quote:
I also did myself a favor by getting out of there. I will not continue a date if I see no future.
Quote:
No I do not.
Yes, you quite clearly do.

Old 04-06-2014, 12:23 PM

102,210 posts, read 107,904,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan27;
No I do not.

Last edited by Ruth4Truth; 04-06-2014 at 12:32 PM..

Old 04-06-2014, 12:28 PM

4,613 posts, read 4,795,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slanderous View Post
So because someone else walked out on a date before it makes it OK for you to do it too? Nice logic.

If a woman admitted to walking out on a date for the same reason you did she would receive just as much, if not more, scorn than you have.
I'm not going to get into the details of what's ok/what's not ok....obviously everyone is entitled to do what they feel is right and to suffer the consequences (societal or otherwise) afterwards. But the underlined is simply not true; we even had a thread recently that was specifically about it.

Edit: Trying to find the thread. Something like "what would make you walk out on a date"? or something involving dealbreakers?

Old 04-06-2014, 12:29 PM

102,210 posts, read 107,904,670 times
Quote:
If I am no longer interested, why stay? I really don't see what the big deal is.
Have you heard of courtesy? Manners? Consideration for another's feelings? Do you truly believe it's normal behavior to walk out on a date in the middle of dinner?

Women only walk out of the guy starts with sex talk, or drools on her boobs, or something. Otherwise, women tend to be overly polite and tolerant. They'll sit through an entire date with a guy who talks non-stop and doesn't let them get a word in edgewise, much less show any actual interest in them. They don't get up and walk out just because the guy's a self-absorbed windbag, or because he reveals he has a kid at home.

Old 04-06-2014, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hivemind31 View Post
I'm not going to get into the details of what's ok/what's not ok....obviously everyone is entitled to do what they feel is right and to suffer the consequences (societal or otherwise) afterwards. But the underlined is simply not true; we even had a thread recently that was specifically about it.
A woman walking out on a date for being a bigot is not even in the same ballpark as this. Are you just trying to stir the pot?

Old 04-06-2014, 12:31 PM

16,391 posts, read 30,931,772 times
Quote:
People walk out on dates when the other person has done something terrible or extremely rude. This girl did not.

You're right, she'll live. She's actually quite lucky you walked out so she didn't have to waste more time sitting at the table with a weirdo.

Go back to your all boys circle jerk in your parents basement.

Old 04-06-2014, 12:39 PM

4,613 posts, read 4,795,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
A woman walking out on a date for being a bigot is not even in the same ballpark as this. Are you just trying to stir the pot?
Regardless of how people feel about 49's actions....it wouldn't be the same if the roles were reversed. I didn't mean to interrupt the chastising of someone for stupid actions...I know that makes everyone feel better about themselves.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships