Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2014, 05:34 PM

543 posts, read 534,296 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FBJ View Post
I always thought it was funny how women are allowed to be choosey but us men must settle and not be shallow lol
Because "Woooo! Girl Power! You go girl!." Or some crap like that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2014, 05:43 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 59,025,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flathead4 View Post
Because "Woooo! Girl Power! You go girl!." Or some crap like that.
they definitely have the power, that's for sure. I only had a male supervisor once since 1998 LOL

Old 05-03-2014, 06:39 PM

16,391 posts, read 30,935,956 times
Quote:
they definitely have the power, that's for sure. I only had a male supervisor once since 1998 LOL

People only have the power if you give it to them.

Old 05-03-2014, 07:07 PM

102,213 posts, read 107,931,771 times
Quote:
I always thought it was funny how women are allowed to be choosey but us men must settle and not be shallow lol
It's men who do the choosing. They decide who gets approached. If no one approaches you, you're SOL. Men also choose if women approach them. They choose whether to react or not. From a woman's perspective, it looks like men hold all the cards.

Old 05-03-2014, 07:55 PM

1,514 posts, read 2,120,474 times
I guess it's one of those: "the grass is always greener on the other side" type of deals; no matter which gender someone is talking about.

Old 05-05-2014, 11:43 PM

543 posts, read 534,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
It's men who do the choosing. They decide who gets approached. If no one approaches you, you're SOL. Men also choose if women approach them. They choose whether to react or not. From a woman's perspective, it looks like men hold all the cards.
Hooooooly balls, it's like opposite world around here. That's the most ridiculous thing I've read tonight. Hold on, let me just will up some women and "choose" to have them approach me!

Get some hip waders because the BS is getting deep!

Old 05-08-2014, 07:12 AM

306 posts, read 299,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flathead4 View Post
Hooooooly balls, it's like opposite world around here. That's the most ridiculous thing I've read tonight. Hold on, let me just will up some women and "choose" to have them approach me!

Get some hip waders because the BS is getting deep!
If this was the case there would be no lonely or virgin men

Old 05-08-2014, 07:18 AM

5,121 posts, read 6,804,827 times
Yeah, I have to agree that men don't get to choose who approaches them any more than women do. But I do agree that the person approaching is the one who does indeed have the most choices. You pick who might say yes to you.

Man or woman, if you just sit back and wait for others to approach you, you are stuck with whoever you get (if anyone). To use a food analogy, it's like sitting down and hoping someone tosses you something from the buffet that's good instead of walking up yourself to see what's there. Sometimes a person you might be interested in approaches, but most times, that's not the case. And sometimes no one will approach you at all. Sitting around waiting for someone to approach is not more fun or successful than approaching. You have to do a bit of both.

Old 05-08-2014, 09:22 AM

102,213 posts, read 107,931,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jillabean View Post
Yeah, I have to agree that men don't get to choose who approaches them any more than women do.
Men choose from among those who approach them, just as women do. They choose to ignore those they're not interested in, and to respond to those they may be interested in.

Old 05-08-2014, 12:37 PM

4,613 posts, read 4,795,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
If only they had another option than sitting around waiting to be approached....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships