Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-01-2014, 02:43 PM

306 posts, read 299,606 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
No, it isn't stupid to tell the abused, who is surviving by staying high, to get help. Both need help, obviously. But you're clearly miserable. If you want to live the rest of your life that way, it's your choice. Just be aware that you do have a choice.

Think about it this way. Your mother is still controlling your life. Through the trauma she caused, your lack of relationship success, the drug use, the anger, are her legacy. She'll haunt you this way for the rest of your life unless you get help to heal from the trauma. Do you want to give her that power? You already have. But you can change that.
My mother doesn't hold any power over me she fears me and she should but thats a story im not going to get into.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2014, 02:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Like Sugar View Post
Once again, I'm disturbed by the way you talk about the women you date. It's like, "Yeah, they may be fat and unattractive, but at least that's better than my hand!" I'm sure you're not the only man who feels this way, but I just feel bad for these women.
Women do the same thing.

Old 05-01-2014, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DandyWarhol View Post
The only way to succeed at the game the OP is describing, is to not play.

The very best thing for OP to do is to close the book on the dating/mating/relating game. It's the only way to win.
I don`t know about winning more like accepting defeat.

Old 05-01-2014, 02:51 PM

102,211 posts, read 107,931,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doobalistic View Post
My mother doesn't hold any power over me she fears me and she should but thats a story im not going to get into.
Yes, she does. She has the power to make you angry, even when she's not present. She has the power to cause you to turn to drugs to deaden your emotional pain. And you don't think your difficulties in relating to women are rooted in your issues with your mom?

Old 05-01-2014, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Yes, she does. She has the power to make you angry, even when she's not present. She has the power to cause you to turn to drugs to deaden your emotional pain. And you don't think your difficulties in relating to women are rooted in your issues with your mom?
Look I have not talked to my mother since I was seventeen and chocked her for calling the police on me for moving. That ***** is so terrified of me I can`t go to any family get togethers oh well **** em all.

Old 05-01-2014, 03:10 PM

102,211 posts, read 107,931,771 times
Quote:
Look I have not talked to my mother since I was seventeen and chocked her for calling the police on me for moving. That ***** is so terrified of me I can`t go to any family get togethers oh well **** em all.
But she lives in your mind, where she's doing a real number on you.

Old 05-01-2014, 03:18 PM

1,580 posts, read 1,462,536 times
I'm with you, OP. I'm a resolved single and will never attempt to date again. I'd rather be alone. That's no great loss to women out there. I'm certainly not a catch.

Old 05-01-2014, 03:26 PM

4,038 posts, read 4,864,752 times
Quote:
This isn't normal, man. This is why you need help. If you have health insurance through your job, mental health might be covered. Check it out, and get an evaluation. It doesn't mean you have to follow through, just get checked out.

Old 05-01-2014, 03:28 PM

Quote:
But she lives in your mind, where she's doing a real number on you.
The only one who can harm me is me.

Old 05-01-2014, 03:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewbiePoster View Post
This isn't normal, man. This is why you need help. If you have health insurance through your job, mental health might be covered. Check it out, and get an evaluation. It doesn't mean you have to follow through, just get checked out.
Do you really think I have a job that covers my health insurance that allows me to smoke weed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships