Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-01-2014, 10:41 AM

73 posts, read 87,801 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
What you're describing is depression. Get help, and you could enjoy life again.

Meh...I've never really enjoyed life. Don't get me wrong, there have been moments, like the time immediately leading up to meeting the woman who destroyed me I was pretty happy.

But this is pretty much my default state.

My lifestyle in general, but especially post breakup with the devil woman, all but guarantees I'll have a short life.

It's fine by me, the shorter the better. All I really want to do is keep my fiscal house in order so that I can leave something nice for my nephews.

When I eventually come down with whatever is going to kill me (cancer, if I had to guess), I'm not going to treat it so that I don't have to pour all the money/assets I want to leave for them down the drain. Plus, the whole process will go faster.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2014, 10:42 AM

11,795 posts, read 12,033,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by le roi View Post
i just got 16 straight rejections on okcupid (e.g. i sent a message and got no response)

i'm not "giving up", it's just how it goes. sometimes i do have great success, but it's very rare online. 25 - 30 year old average women have so many more options than average men.
A non-response to a dating site message really doesn't need to be classified as a rejection. This is not like someone who knows you, or has been involved with you, who suddenly excludes you or ditches you altogether.

Old 05-01-2014, 10:43 AM

16,391 posts, read 30,931,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DandyWarhol View Post
Meh...I've never really enjoyed life. Don't get me wrong, there have been moments, like the time immediately leading up to meeting the woman who destroyed me I was pretty happy.

My lifestyle in general, but especially post breakup with the devil woman, all but guarantees I'll have a short life.

It's fine by me, the shorter the better. All I really want to do is keep my fiscal house in order so that I can leave something nice for my nephews.

When I eventually come down with whatever is going to kill me (cancer, if I had to guess), I'm not going to treat it so that I don't have to pour all the money/assets I want to leave for them down the drain. Plus, the whole process will go faster.

There's no reason to dedicate your life to finding that perfect person. That's not healthy for anyone. When you try too hard to find a person or a relationship you end up going crazy and/or end up with someone not so good.

Completely shutting off yourself from the opposite sex because you're afraid of being treated poorly isn't very healthy either.

A happy medium is typically best in all aspects of life.

Old 05-01-2014, 10:43 AM

102,211 posts, read 107,904,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DandyWarhol View Post

Dude, you're 35! You're talking like you're 85. And you're trying to convince us you were like this as a teenager?

Old 05-01-2014, 10:45 AM

102,211 posts, read 107,904,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty2011 View Post
A non-response to a dating site message really doesn't need to be classified as a rejection. This is not like someone who knows you, or has been involved with you, who suddenly excludes you or ditches you altogether.
C-D guys really scrape the bottom of the barrel to come up with "rejections", and keep score with them. They collect them in scrapbooks, and then post them here. If women did the same with every non-response on OLD or IRL, there would be no sane people left.

Old 05-01-2014, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Dude, you're 35! You're talking like you're 85. And you're trying to convince us you were like this as a teenager?
Well, I'm 35, and on my current path I'll be lucky to make 55. So indeed, I am well over middle-aged.

No, as a teenager I was actually quite a bit darker than this.

Old 05-01-2014, 10:48 AM

306 posts, read 299,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
If you look through the thread, most people agree with him and say it's not always a bad idea..

He's the one jumping to conclusions about people being angry with him. Look at the posts he quotes saying that people are mad about him deciding to give up on dating... most aren't saying anything remotely near that..
People keep saying they don't care but I still see the same people posting and whats worse is none of them can attribute anything to this thread.

Old 05-01-2014, 10:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
There's no reason to dedicate your life to finding that perfect person. That's not healthy for anyone. When you try too hard to find a person or a relationship you end up going crazy and/or end up with someone not so good.

Completely shutting off yourself from the opposite sex because you're afraid of being treated poorly isn't very healthy either.

A happy medium is typically best in all aspects of life.
Romantic entanglements are not even on my radar anymore. With a nonexistent sex drive, and all the other things listed above, what would be the point?

I'm on autopilot. When I run out of fuel, that's where I'll land.

Old 05-01-2014, 10:53 AM

16,391 posts, read 30,931,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doobalistic View Post
People keep saying they don't care but I still see the same people posting and whats worse is none of them can attribute anything to this thread.
It's a forum, we're all here because we're sitting online and bored with nothing to do for the day.

Most people aren't posting on your thread because they're appalled that you're not looking for dates anymore..

Old 05-01-2014, 10:56 AM

306 posts, read 299,508 times
Quote:
C-D guys really scrape the bottom of the barrel to come up with "rejections", and keep score with them. They collect them in scrapbooks, and then post them here. If women did the same with every non-response on OLD or IRL, there would be no sane people left.
So what am I supposed to pretend like I never got rejected and was successful in dating? In my Shao Kahn voice "DON'T MAKE ME LAUGH".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships