Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-01-2014, 02:48 PM

11,413 posts, read 9,339,070 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FBJ View Post
I made a joke to the woman I am meeting next week and said............"I guess we will pretend like we are in highschool" lol
+1.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2014, 03:45 PM

6,732 posts, read 5,194,953 times
Quote:
I made a joke to the woman I am meeting next week and said............"I guess we will pretend like we are in highschool" lol

Old 06-01-2014, 03:49 PM

832 posts, read 1,422,042 times
Quote:
I met this woman on OKC the other night and she was not too excited about my first meet suggestion and was like..........."I;m not in high school anymore" and would rather go to dinner and a movie?

So only teens like to sit outside on a nice summer day and eat ice cream? Have you ever heard of something so silly? How does she know that ice cream meeting would not lead to dinner if things were flowing the right way? She clearly is hungry and looking for a free meal
I'm not sure why you think she's looking for a free meal since she didn't ask you to pay.

On the other hand, I really don't see the value of her response even if she was both lactose intolerant and trying to count calories. I think that there are options for lactose intolerant folks, such as sherbet. I also think there are options for those looking to count calories. Like fruit edibles or diet drinks. I've never been to an ice cream place that didn't offer diet diet drinks, low sugar, low calorie or lactose free goodies.

I'd seriously wonder at what kind of relationship I could have with someone who took that type of stand for the first proposed meeting. Feels kind of... high maintenance already.

The bulk of females here seem to think that there's nothing wrong with ice cream and a walk in the summer. After all... plenty of gals who time their shaving rituals with winter parking restrictions eat ice cream and take walks in January.

Old 06-01-2014, 04:32 PM

22,278 posts, read 21,818,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
Don't let your experience with one woman flow over into your interactions with other women. That is only a joke to you because you know what the other woman said to you. The woman you have a date with does not know what was said to you - so it isn't really a joke. Just let it go and focus on the woman you have a date with.
I thought that was a cute response and it would make me more inclined to meet the OP.

Old 06-01-2014, 04:35 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,240,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
I thought that was a cute response and it would make me more inclined to meet the OP.
I'm not sure what I would think because I know the back story. The reason he said it is because of this other woman. It's sort of an f you to her - see how much fun I'm going to have on a date with this other woman that is so much more fun than you are! - only she doesn't know about it because she's not the one he said it to. It's not the comment I have an issue with - it's the reason for it. No reason to waste another second thinking about the other woman.

Old 06-01-2014, 04:42 PM

1,514 posts, read 2,126,102 times
Quote:
I met this woman on OKC the other night and she was not too excited about my first meet suggestion and was like..........."I;m not in high school anymore" and would rather go to dinner and a movie?

So only teens like to sit outside on a nice summer day and eat ice cream? Have you ever heard of something so silly? How does she know that ice cream meeting would not lead to dinner if things were flowing the right way? She clearly is hungry and looking for a free meal
There's an ice parlor and a frozen yogurt place in my town. I've seen quite a few dates going on in those places. Not all of them were teens. So I'm not sure what her issue was.

Old 06-01-2014, 04:44 PM
FBJ FBJ started this thread

39,605 posts, read 59,169,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moe'sTavern View Post
There's an ice parlor and a frozen yogurt place in my town. I've seen quite a few dates going on in those places. Not all of them were teens. So I'm not sure what her issue was.

She didn't want to put on high heels to eat ice cream I guess lol

Old 06-01-2014, 04:58 PM

3,051 posts, read 3,290,052 times
Quote:
So can you name two places like that in center city other than Panera?
Off the top of my head: Passeros and La Colombe. If you want to stay in immediate center city

Go out to the CC neighborhoods and you've got places like La Va, OCF, Good Karma... There's a ton.

It's just a cafe with some food. There are cafés with food everywhere.

Old 06-01-2014, 05:05 PM

37,772 posts, read 46,260,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrskay662000;35049215. After all... plenty of [B
gals who time their shaving rituals with winter parking restrictions[/b] eat ice cream and take walks in January.

Huh?

Old 06-01-2014, 05:51 PM

16,391 posts, read 31,006,746 times
Sounds like the woman was a b*tch and wanted an expensive first date. Kick her to the curb.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships