Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2014, 11:47 AM

30,921 posts, read 37,114,372 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by anonymous51 View Post
UPDATE

I broke up with my girlfriend last night. We talked for a few hours. I told her that if she wants to get married, she should find a single parent who also wants to get married. I told her that I love her, and I don't want to hurt anyone. I told her that my fear was that if I was still dating her years from now, and I didn't marry her, she would have resented me and the kids would have been hurt. I told her that I didn't want to fail her. I told her that I wasn't going to get married, but if I had married, I would have my own biological kids with the spouse and started a family of my own. I love her more than anyone I ever dated, and I would never want her to be lonely. But I didn't want to keep her from marrying someone if I knew that I wasn't going to get married. It was a very hard decision, and she was in tears. I didn't want to make her cry. I didn't want to hurt anyone. But it was the right decision.
OK, so in the future don't get involved with someone in this type of situation in the first place. Then you will prevent all the tears, drama, and wasted time for all parties.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2014, 11:51 AM

30,921 posts, read 37,114,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anonymous51 View Post
I do become lonely at times, especially after working my full-time job. I work two jobs (one full-time and one part-time) and I always regret working my full-time job, so I do become depressed at times. I don't really need the part-time job from a financial standpoint, but I don't know how long my full-time job will be around, so I kept the part-time job. I met many friends over the years from the part-time job which has also become an escape from my full-time day job. If I could have done it all over again, I would have done something else with my life. Honestly, I just need some companionship due to loneliness and regrets.
You need to take a look at the source(s) of the loneliness and deal with the it/them. Otherwise, you'll just end up in more situations like the one you just ended. Lonely people often jump into relationships too quick out of desperation. They rarely get into happy relationships until they've fixed the underlying causes.

Old 06-27-2014, 03:01 PM

8,779 posts, read 9,493,120 times
Clearly you know it's not the proper situation for yourself and it's going to lead to a place where life "goals" don't match up, yet YOU continue to stay in them and throw all the emphasis on the OTHER person.

You are the only person who controls what happens and where you end up in life. Never use what other people want as your excuse to be unhappy or unfulfilled.

You are putting yourself in these situation.

You can't just reverse the scenario and place all the blame on the other party when you are more than aware of the circumstance yourself.

You are facilitating it just as much as they are.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships