Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-07-2014, 06:48 AM

14,078 posts, read 16,665,199 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doll Eyes View Post
well? How are they able to do that?
Well, one way would be to go to a club and dress like a tramp if you really want to try it out.

Old 06-07-2014, 07:03 AM

11,412 posts, read 9,337,779 times
Quote:
In most cases no one can do anything about men approaching a certain type.

FWIW I have never been approached and asked out on a date IRL. I think if women want the companionship they shouldn't expect the man to (almost) always make the first move. Frankly I never understood that and despite past efforts here the reason has never been explained to me.

Old 06-07-2014, 07:07 AM

88,885 posts, read 85,359,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stressedCollegeGirl89 View Post
My boyfriend first approached me at a local concert in Philly. He asked me "Are you okay?", since I had several drinks and was swaying to the music. Sometimes, that is all it takes. After talking with him for some time at the venue that night, I took him on an interesting journey walking from Fishtown to Center City at 2 in the morning.
Is this a metaphor?

Old 06-07-2014, 07:08 AM

6,720 posts, read 8,424,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarshallV84 View Post
I talk to women who look friendly and try to continue the small talk. If they give off the bitchy vibe I just ignore them. Actually, I talk to fat, ugly, old, disabled, and dudes if they look like they like to talk. I'm trying to be more social so I make a point to talk to everyone.

I've got a few dates just talking to women on the chairlift or at the checkout line.

Basically, make people remember your name. That's all it takes! All you need to be is at least average looking. Everyone can work enough at the gym to be average looking.
This is the right attitude to get more dates. I am very friendly, which is why I get approached often. It's not that I am so hot or anything. I look like a woman who is friendly. Some people think I am bragging, but I'm not that great...I just smile a lot. if you have a beautiful woman who gives off a grumpy vibe and a fairly attractive woman who is friendly...guess who will get more dates?

Old 06-07-2014, 08:01 AM

9,000 posts, read 10,209,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SwedishViking View Post
It's a 2 option-choice upon laying eyes on a woman; approach or don't.

she has:
good **** -> approach
good legs -> approach
nice eyes -> APPROACH!
a good figure -> approach
a smile -> approach
seems kind -> approach
a dog -> approach
a boyfiend -> cautiously approach
a husband -> still worth a try...
a husband holding a gun -> approach later

shouldn't be too hard for women to get approached;
step 1: step outside your door.
step 2: inhale air so you don't suffocate before approach is made.
done.
Lmao, this pretty much sums it up
Just within the past 3 days, I've had more than a few men approach,
(including while I was driving)
- each one gave me reasons 1 thru 5 on your list
I like to ask why they think they can just randomly stop someone, since I'm by nature pretty shy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moe'sTavern View Post
Maybe they give off a "vibe of approachability". A smile. Face not glued to their smartphone. Maybe they start a conversation of some kind. I don't know. I'm just throwing out ideas.
And I agree with this, too-
I never have my face stuck in a laptop, a stupid phone, etc. in public.
Latest dude I met, I met in a bookstore 2 days ago.
he came up to me & asked me to watch his stuff while he got coffee.
Lol that wound up being a ploy, bc when he came back of course things progressed

Old 06-07-2014, 08:05 AM

26,142 posts, read 31,253,849 times
Quote:
Who are 'all these women' and have you thought about leaving the house and being around people in groups and events and summer festivities and festivals coming up with a high ratio of people?

Plus, are we talking quantity or quality here?

People watch your interactions with other people like your friends. Are you a sour puss or conversational, laugh a lot are your arms crossed or open are you one to touch someone to get their attention are you happy or do you look like you have an attitude look? All those silent things can be killers to someone approaching you.

Old 06-07-2014, 08:09 AM

943 posts, read 1,006,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
She holding a 12pk of beer and hoagies sandwiches in her hand?
I can't give you another good rep, I've done it too much, but, I DO think this is the correct answer to this question.

Old 06-07-2014, 08:26 AM

3,452 posts, read 4,634,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by krieger00 View Post
by saying nice shoes want to fack.

lol!!!!!!!!!

Old 06-07-2014, 08:26 AM

15,971 posts, read 9,414,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meyerland View Post
I am very friendly, which is why I get approached often. It's not that I am so hot or anything. I look like a woman who is friendly. Some people think I am bragging, but I'm not that great...I just smile a lot. if you have a beautiful woman who gives off a grumpy vibe and a fairly attractive woman who is friendly...guess who will get more dates?
More power to you.

I'm attracted to ladies that are friendly and smile. And I don't interpret friendliness and smiles as a hint that they're into me. That would be pretty presumptuous on my part if I did. I'm more likely to approach someone like yourself because it is an attractive trait.

My friend's girlfriend gave me a hard time about this just last week. We were at a brewery and I had a casual conversation with a stranger. Nothing flirtatious or anything and not a big deal. Anyway, after we left I got an earful from her saying "WHY DIDN"T YOU DO ANYTHING?? SHE WAS TOTALLY INTO YOU!" My response was "You know what?.. Some people are just nice. Plain and simple."

Old 06-07-2014, 11:20 AM

13,520 posts, read 22,202,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by krieger00 View Post
By saying nice shoes want to fack.

Women are expecting nice shoes too? Crap!
Eff those gold-diggers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships