Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-07-2014, 11:31 AM

7,492 posts, read 11,864,056 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaypee View Post
Women are expecting nice shoes too? Crap!
Eff those gold-diggers.
Not me. I deal with shoes way too much. I don't need to look at them more.

Old 06-07-2014, 11:52 AM

17,653 posts, read 22,730,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
Big boobs?
Big boobs need love & affection tooo......

Old 06-07-2014, 11:55 AM

8,711 posts, read 11,761,167 times
I am 34 and a male only approach me once in life. I was looking at frozen foods earlier this year in the grocery store. Twice if you count a very drunk guy at a bar.

Old 06-07-2014, 11:57 AM

42,762 posts, read 53,002,021 times
Bend over to tie your sneakers and look up and smile.

Be personable, friendly, learn from others what they like.

Old 06-07-2014, 11:58 AM

13,520 posts, read 22,206,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
Bend over to tie your sneakers and look up and smile.

You had me at "Bend over ..."

Old 06-07-2014, 12:00 PM

9,301 posts, read 8,380,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doll Eyes View Post
well? How are they able to do that?

huh?

If you are having trouble getting guys to approach, I'll let you in on a secret. It works on me.

Make the guy feel wanted. A lot of women that I talk to have given me the impression that they wanted me to talk to them.

However, you do it, it depends. If you want any guy to approach you other than the creeps, then you have to somehow give off the vibe that you want the guy to approach.

A decent man isn't going to approach a woman he figures does not want to be bothered because he thinks about how he would feel if someone imposed on his space and time.

Old 06-07-2014, 12:11 PM

8,711 posts, read 11,761,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJenkins602 View Post

huh?

If you are having trouble getting guys to approach, I'll let you in on a secret. It works on me.

Make the guy feel wanted. A lot of women that I talk to have given me the impression that they wanted me to talk to them.

However, you do it, it depends. If you want any guy to approach you other than the creeps, then you have to somehow give off the vibe that you want the guy to approach.

A decent man isn't going to approach a woman he figures does not want to be bothered because he thinks about how he would feel if someone imposed on his space and time.

everyone keep saying give off a vibe, Idon't know how to do that though. Sometimes they ignore me, refuse to make eye contact and sometimes they don't smile back. It all just makes me feel bad.

Old 06-07-2014, 12:16 PM

7,492 posts, read 11,864,056 times
Quote:
everyone keep saying give off a vibe, Idon't know how to do that though. Sometimes they ignore me, refuse to make eye contact and sometimes they don't smile back. It all just makes me feel bad.
If you smile and act friendly, believe me it goes a long way. That's something I know I have to work on. But seriously. Think of funny TV moments while walking around doing what you do. You'll be smiling all day.

Old 06-07-2014, 12:57 PM

9,301 posts, read 8,380,439 times
Quote:
Then you are probably in a bad area.

Hey, I can tell you by experience that there are some parts of town and some areas where people are just stuck up.

Okay, if you see a guy you are interested in, make it clear to him. You don't have to say it. For instance, with me. There's often a lady who didn't just smile at me once. But every time she saw me, she kept smiling at me. (it could be a few times within the hour) She kept paying me attention. (Of course, I smiled back, don't do this to guys who are not receptive)

Eventually, I got the hint and we are now close friends... at least.

(That's how it worked on me, but then I'm a weirdo.)

Us guys are dense, possibly due to a lot of apprehension that we have, which admittedly is pretty much irrational at spots. Somehow, some of us have been made to believe that if we approached, we could get worse than a rejection. The woman we approach could probably make a scene and cause a lot of problems for the guy who approaches. (Again, this is irrational and it rarely happens, but I picked this example up from the CD forums so I'm speaking CD language)

The thing with us guys is that a lot of us (single guys) feel unwanted. So, other than approaching the man, yourself. If you see a man that you are attracted to, allow yourself to be attracted. Pay him attention, if he is receptive, pay him more attention. A lot of us are not going to approach unless, we get the impression that our approach would be appreciated.

NOw, admittedly, that is the hard part because we suck at reading signals.

Then again, that is just what works on me. I can't speak for any other guys.

I probably didn't make sense, but whatever.

Old 06-07-2014, 12:59 PM

48,636 posts, read 35,125,318 times
Being friendly, open, fun and approachable.

If you are at the grocery store (or anywhere) smile at people, make small talk and jokes, and look happy and that attracts people, of which single men are a subset. When you look like you are having fun, people want to be a part of that, plus guys will feel more comfortable approaching you and will be less fearful of getting a rude rejection.

Even if a guy doesn't ask you out you have had more fun during your day and brought some levity and joy to others.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships