Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-17-2014, 03:51 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,215,761 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TehSamurai View Post
You should want to be treated like a person. Things are not equal if one expects to receive free things because they want to feel "special." Like I previously stated, women are entitled. They want the man to pay so that they know that the relationship is serious, without contributing anything.
Not really. I want the government to treat me like a person. I want the man that I am dating to treat me like a woman. I actually love being a woman and I love that there are men who have loved that I am a woman. I don't really want to be androgynous. And I don't think that money is the only thing that a person contributes to a relationship.

But the great thing about this is that you are free to find a woman that suits you and I am free to find a man who suits me. My husband loves me the way I want to be loved and I love him the way he wants to be loved. That's what it's really all about.

Old 06-17-2014, 03:53 PM

3,009 posts, read 3,649,042 times
When the sex is so good she just gives to money back.

Old 06-17-2014, 06:34 PM

69 posts, read 56,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
Not really. I want the government to treat me like a person. I want the man that I am dating to treat me like a woman. I actually love being a woman and I love that there are men who have loved that I am a woman. I don't really want to be androgynous. And I don't think that money is the only thing that a person contributes to a relationship.

But the great thing about this is that you are free to find a woman that suits you and I am free to find a man who suits me. My husband loves me the way I want to be loved and I love him the way he wants to be loved. That's what it's really all about.
You can feel like a woman who pays for what she eats.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saritaschihuahua View Post
Okay, I get it that you believe each should pay his own way.

How do you feel about other men wanting to pay for their dates? Do you feel it's wrong of men to do so because it "sets" what you believe is a bad standard for what you see as ideal for you? Or do you feel each person should do exactly what they wish?

Also, have you had an experience in which you dated someone who asked you to pay her way?
I would have no problem with men spending money however they wish if it didn't set a dangerous precedent. Ideally, a man could spend pay for dates or go dutch, but paying for dates creates an expectant that all men should pay for dates.

Old 06-17-2014, 06:39 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,952,414 times
Quote:
I would have no problem with men spending money however they wish if it didn't set a dangerous precedent. Ideally, a man could spend pay for dates or go dutch, but paying for dates creates an expectant that all men should pay for dates.
Sounds like you are really caught up in what your competition is doing.

Old 06-17-2014, 06:40 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,215,761 times
Quote:
You can feel like a woman who pays for what she eats.
Actually, I'm free to feel however I want to feel. You are free to feel however you want to feel, too. I often went dutch with my ex-fiance - or we would take turns paying. My husband preferred to pay. I have some male friends that prefer to pay when we have gone out to eat just the two of us. I have female friends that I treat almost every time that we go out because I know they don't have a lot of money. So, sometimes I'm a woman that pays for what she eats, sometimes I'm a woman that pays for what others eat, and sometimes I'm a woman that gets treated. There is so much more to any relationship - whether it be a friendship, a romantic relationship, or a familial relationship - than who pays for dinner.

You don't actually get to tell other people what to do or how to feel - you do realize that, yes?

Old 06-17-2014, 07:01 PM

7,300 posts, read 6,747,303 times
Quote:
For the sake of discussion, let's go with your premise and assume that men paying for their dates perpetuates a way of being that you feel is dangerous (for you). How is it dangerous for you, and how has it actually affected you? Or has it never affected you, and you are just speaking hypothetically?

Old 06-17-2014, 07:07 PM

Quote:
For the sake of discussion, let's go with your premise and assume that men paying for their dates perpetuates a way of being that you feel is dangerous (for you). How is it dangerous for you, and how has it actually affected you? Or has it never affected you, and you are just speaking hypothetically?
Why are you making this about me? Men paying for women creates an expectation from women in general that men will pay for them and all they have to do is show up.

Old 06-17-2014, 07:11 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,952,414 times
Quote:
Why are you making this about me? Men paying for women creates an expectation from women in general that men will pay for them and all they have to do is show up.
Does this mean I can just join other people's dates and the man will pay? I know what I am doing Friday night! Tablehopping!

Old 06-17-2014, 07:16 PM

7,300 posts, read 6,747,303 times
Because it's your premise that it is damaging. Nobody but you is saying that. I want to know how it has affected you adversely, so I can have at least one real-life example. So far you've only said you don't like it, and it shouldn't exist. You haven't provided even one real-life example to prove that it does have an adverse effect. I say back it up! Provide real life adverse situations you've experienced or seen, since the rest of us have not witnessed how this sort of thing has affected anyone negatively.

Quote:

Old 06-17-2014, 07:36 PM

Quote:
Because it's your premise that it is damaging. Nobody but you is saying that.
Incorrect. When I say that men paying for women on dates is damaging, I mean that it creates a precedent where men are expected to pay for dates, and that the men who don't pay are seen in a negative light. All I have to do is pull up one quote in this thread alone to prove that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships