Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2014, 01:18 PM

1,724 posts, read 1,606,342 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odo View Post
High-maintenance is the absolute worst... if someone does nothing but suck your creativity, energy, money, time and general will to live in exchange for some lousy sex or a pleasant appearance with some banal conversation thrown in, it's better to be alone.

Also:

-conservative, religious, libertarian.
-hateful towards animals, children, etc.
-zero creativity or originality
-is frigid, weird, boring or too particular about sex
-has issues with men
-is easily disgusted or anal about everything
-drinks too much, smokes too much
-too materialistic, forces me to spend money on things we don't need
-is too tight with money and won't spend the extra money to do something rare or exciting or interesting.
-expects me to do everything and take care of her as if she were a child
-is afraid of having new experiences, or goes traveling just to meet other foreigners, get drunk and party as opposed to taking an active interest in the culture, surroundings, experiences to be had.
Libertarian is a positive for me (my wife is, so that's good), as is conservative if not the bible-thumper type, but I agree on the rest.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2014, 02:03 PM

2,593 posts, read 4,245,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jessxwrites89 View Post
I'm an NFL girl all the way. MLB to an extent. I love the Green Bay Packers, so most of the time it revolves around the Packers. Usually, I just dedicate Sunday to football.
That's reasonable enough, just Sunday is alright. I never did really get into NFL until week 16 rolled around lol.

Old 09-29-2014, 11:46 AM

479 posts, read 1,437,620 times
Comparing you to an ex is an absolute no-no. You can talk about your past after awhile, but comparisons, especially negative ones, are a dealbreaker.

Also, having extreme or extremely opinionated religious or political views (extreme conservative is a dealbreaker for me moreso than extreme liberal). I haven't dated people like this, but I have had roommates like this. Not fun at all.

Last edited by sidburn; 09-29-2014 at 12:21 PM..

Old 09-29-2014, 12:02 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,322,956 times
Bad attitude, has slept with way too many men, high maintenance, shallow, disrespectful, nags a lot, crazy exes, entitled, and if she pulled out a cigarette I'll run for the hills.

Old 09-29-2014, 12:04 PM

41,936 posts, read 37,054,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Odo View Post
High-maintenance is the absolute worst... if someone does nothing but suck your creativity, energy, money, time and general will to live in exchange for some lousy sex or a pleasant appearance with some banal conversation thrown in, it's better to be alone.

Also:

-conservative, religious, libertarian.
-hateful towards animals, children, etc.
-zero creativity or originality
-is frigid, weird, boring or too particular about sex
-has issues with men
-is easily disgusted or anal about everything
-drinks too much, smokes too much
-too materialistic, forces me to spend money on things we don't need
-is too tight with money and won't spend the extra money to do something rare or exciting or interesting.
-expects me to do everything and take care of her as if she were a child
-is afraid of having new experiences, or goes traveling just to meet other foreigners, get drunk and party as opposed to taking an active interest in the culture, surroundings, experiences to be had.

Good list. Agreed. Though I don't have an issue with ladies that like to go party, as long as there is a balance.

Old 09-29-2014, 12:11 PM

1,923 posts, read 1,294,153 times
Very good list Odo!!! That probably sums it up for most men. LOL

Old 09-30-2014, 01:59 AM

1,324 posts, read 2,016,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ro2113 View Post
This is the spear counterpart to the other thread.

Guys what is it about a woman that tells you not to pursue any further?

Or

Are you the type of guy who doesn't care about her behavior or attitude as long as she's hot?
any woman who i sense is sizing me up to assess whether i am worth her time and attention is a woman i usually avoid. she is a man eater, a women with an offense posture, and it's usually a good sign that she has lost much of her femininity, or at least the enjoyable qualities i like in a woman. but then again, it just maybe a question of whether we have a mutual interest in each other, ... and for how long. it's just me i'm sure because i've just never had any luck in an LTR with a woman who is always chewing my butt and telling me how i should run my life. i guess i'm just "set in my ways"... and happily at that

Last edited by Dr. Clean; 09-30-2014 at 02:07 AM..

Old 09-30-2014, 08:36 AM

1,724 posts, read 1,606,342 times
Jokes excessively about marrying an old rich guy and hoping he keels over soon. While many people might joke about that to some degree (even I did, joked about marrying an old rich widow in a conversation here or there), if it's taken too far, you begin to wonder if she's dead serious about it, and therefore a potential golddigger if she dated YOU, too.

Old 09-30-2014, 08:42 AM

16,391 posts, read 30,974,167 times
girls with only guy friends

Old 09-30-2014, 11:55 AM

28,895 posts, read 54,233,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperDave72 View Post
Although I try to eat healthy and exercise, any woman who thinks the world is going to end if she eats a hamburger once in a while is a red flag.
No freaking kidding.

I dated a woman once who was a model. We're not talking about a local boutique ad or anything. I'm talking the cover of Italian Vogue and Elle. I didn't even realize it until our fourth date, when she asked if I wanted to see her portfolio. But, even though I was living the male fantasy of dating a cover girl, her obsessive eating habits just became a gigantic pain in the rear.

Two more things to add to the mix:

1) Multiple cats. Hey, one cat is cool. Two cats is, well, okay. But once you get into more than a couple of cats, along with other animals, then you've got some weird stuff going on in there.

2) Do yourself a favor and look at her bookshelf. In particular, look for self-help psychology books. There's a scale to the things:

ONE BOOK -- Hey, that's okay. Self-awareness is important.
TWO BOOKS -- Sure. But she seems to be figuring things out about herself.
THREE BOOKS -- Hmmm. What's going on here?
FOUR BOOKS -- Okay. She's thrashing around, looking to resolve stuff like her Daddy fixation or her godawful decision making.
FIVE BOOKS OR MORE -- Run. Just run.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships