Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-16-2007, 05:51 PM
miu

17,769 posts, read 40,176,155 times

Advertisements

Foxietail - What countries are you all from? It sounds like this internet woman has flattered your husband and made him feel good about himself, and also presented her own living situation in a way that makes him feel sympathetic towards her. I don't think that he feels romantically for her, but it's more that he feels sorry for her overall situation. After all, he sends her packages, feels badly that she hasn't had a vacation in a long time, wants to pay for her airfare and hotel etc... He must think that she is very poor. And maybe he thinks that by her visiting, she will meet other people, maybe even a man like him.

On the other hand, you seem to your husband as a woman who has everything, him and a good quality of life. You probably never complain about needing anything except his company.

I think that your husband has a problem with wanting to rescue damsels in distress. You are not in distress, but this woman acts like she is. There are a lot of con artists on the internet, so your husband should be careful. It's too easy to make up a story of woe, have there no way to verify it and get away with it as soft-hearted idiots send you gifts and donations.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-16-2007, 06:20 PM

11,466 posts, read 19,353,683 times
This is messed up and i wouldn't put up with it for one second, how do you even know that he has never met her before? Thats way beyond just a friend type thing. Let him bring her along it won't take long to know whats up. Sounds like big trouble to me.

Old 12-16-2007, 06:23 PM

250 posts, read 937,381 times
I think your husband has visions of setting this one up in a hotel and... well, let me put it this way... don't let him out of your sight for one second on this trip!

Old 12-16-2007, 06:31 PM

8 posts, read 24,073 times
Well, miu, I am from Western Europe. He is... from overseas, let say so. From a country doing some better in general.
I think it had been circling in your head. I still hope that local community don't get my posts as cliche, as I am a newbee here. Plus effect many might used to face to potential scammers from this part of world. Sorry.
If it goes to the situation we have got - he supplied me with contacts of that lady since he first started talking with her. I can tell you that she is not one who cries for her bad life and wants anything as material support, but she is not rich. If I got right your thoughts going this way.

However we had previous arguing of him browsing a lot of women profiles from my part of world. He said they all find him and want to emigrate. Later on I found that usually he leaves encouraging comments under their photos either send them e-mails. So they reply.
I understand it pamper his ego in some way. Many of his objects are 10-15 years younger than he is. I discussed it with him and told I don't understand him doing that, as far as sometimes it influences our life - he might spend an evening at computer... and our intimate life in some way. He often got "too tired" for bed fun. Since the very start.
I had real hopes that our life apart is over soon and, as in any marriage, you have to work over your relationship.
But just before our marriage he was telling me about other "poor kid" in her early 20s from our part of world, who eagers to get job in the city we suppose to live. So he needs to help her and invites her to stay with us as we have extra rooms. Of course, she was from Internet. Fortunately she never came.
After our marriage he asked me HOW he can tell to that "poor kid" that he got married, as he never told her about me and that kid was "so hit on him".
It was a not pleasant discovering, as far as he was planning to "help her" if she came during my absence.
Now we have another lady to come. He also encouraged her to emigrate. Previously I asked him WHERE this woman gonna be staying if she emigrates. Got laugh and some unclear answers.
Well... here we get her on for Christmas holidays coming. And he pays for.
How many more I should expect in future due to altruism of my husband? Not 40 years old women, no young or old men in distress. Only "kids" under 30.
I really wanted us to go to marriage councelor after my coming. If it helps. I still want to think positively.

Old 12-16-2007, 06:52 PM

4,739 posts, read 8,376,537 times
Skooza my subliminal speaking "oinka boinka squirt" me so sure husband is a nicea man just lloking out for a buddy "turn the other cheek" so my suggestion is welcome his friend witha open arms.

Old 12-16-2007, 07:04 PM
miu

17,769 posts, read 40,176,155 times
I think that your husband needs to stop looking at these sites with single women wanting to emigrate. Maybe he started out as only window shopping, then got curious enough to contact some of them to see how they would respond. It's definitely not healthy for your marriage's health.

Old 12-16-2007, 07:22 PM

8,002 posts, read 18,607,550 times
I can't even believe this question is being asked

Tell him you met a local man at your school and you would like to bring him along also.

I think Johnycakes is right on with this one!

Old 12-16-2007, 07:29 PM

672 posts, read 2,125,614 times
It sounds like you need to have yourself a good old fashioned "hissy fit".

Old 12-16-2007, 10:05 PM

36 posts, read 100,958 times
Answer should be NO!!!!

Second answer should be yes dear, when you ask/demand that:
He quits looking around the internet
He agrees to go to counseling
He will put the same amount of energy into your marriage that he did the internet.

Any answer but yes dear with the actions to back it should give you strong pause to reevaluate if staying in the marriage is healthy for you.

Read your question to my hubby, he says either your husband is either screwing her or planning to.

Old 12-16-2007, 10:37 PM

12,669 posts, read 20,449,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nativeDallasite View Post
Uh...I'd tell him "No. Hell no."
Yeah. I have to agree Hell NO!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships