Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-24-2014, 07:50 PM

39,228 posts, read 27,603,964 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adi from the Brunswicks View Post
But its a chance I am FORCED to take, because of sheep mentality . Only in the recent years have I learned that our religion has never imposed arranged marriage. They have merely "advised" the hindu followers on whats good or not via horoscopes, but then allow us to make the decision.
I swear that I watched a dating program on TV several years ago, two Indian people (beautiful people by the way) met up and started dating. The guy rejected the girl by the end of the day because she farted too much. LOL haha. I remembered that they were both Hindu followers. So obviously, they were not forced to have an arranged marriage. I think you should fight for it. Just my .02.

Good luck.

Old 07-24-2014, 07:50 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,306,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
My cousin says this.

That his vitiligo would never get him a woman.

It is all a bullish*t defense mechanism. Reject the chick preemptively before she rejects you.

If Hitler and Manson and Dahmer and the toadstool men I see every day can get women, there is no such thing as a universally unattractive man.
Good point. If those psychopaths could attract women, ANY guy can. Some just don't know how to charm them.

Old 07-24-2014, 07:54 PM

2,087 posts, read 2,849,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
My cousin says this.

That his vitiligo would never get him a woman.

It is all a bullish*t defense mechanism. Reject the chick preemptively before she rejects you.

If Hitler and Manson and Dahmer and the toadstool men I see every day can get women, there is no such thing as a universally unattractive man.
Universally unattractive, no.

Universally physically unattractive yes.

That is what we are talking about after all.

Nobody is stupid enough to believe no woman on Earth could not date them. There was that vid posted about the severely disfigured guy and even he had a woman (semi)interested in him.

Was she a saint who probably accounted for 1 out of 990 women, literally speaking? Yes. But still.

Old 07-24-2014, 08:01 PM

11,879 posts, read 14,208,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
I swear that I watched a dating program on TV several years ago, two Indian people (beautiful people by the way) met up and started dating. The guy rejected the girl by the end of the day because she farted too much. LOL haha. I remembered that they were both Hindu followers. So obviously, they were not forced to have an arranged marriage. I think you should fight for it. Just my .02.

Good luck.
I have struck a deal with my mom. I find the person, spend time with her, get to know about her, complete all the fun stuff, and finally disclose the info to mom when I feel ready to get married. If she says no, then there are 2 choices.
  1. Retreat to Ladakh with my loved one (Zero contact possible through technology, we can live peacefully in serenity )
  2. Tell the girl I loved for a couple years "I cant marry you"

Old 07-24-2014, 08:05 PM

22,278 posts, read 21,733,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davros View Post
I isolate myself because I have severe social anxiety. Whether my parents had a role in creating that, that's possible.

Isolating myself is a very old habit of mine, and one I don't ever see changing. It's too hard. There's always one reason or another why people are going to despise me. Also, there are many things that social interaction brings that I fear: disease, bed bugs, fleas, ticks, chiggers, getting beaten up or worse by gang members, and so on. It's so much more comfortable to go home after work and be alone.
Yes, you seem very comfortable

Old 07-24-2014, 08:10 PM

22,278 posts, read 21,733,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adi from the Brunswicks View Post
I have struck a deal with my mom. I find the person, spend time with her, get to know about her, complete all the fun stuff, and finally disclose the info to mom when I feel ready to get married. If she says no, then there are 2 choices.
  1. Retreat to Ladakh with my loved one (Zero contact possible through technology, we can live peacefully in serenity )
  2. Tell the girl I loved for a couple years "I cant marry you"
Sorry, Bollywood is not taking your calls.

Old 07-24-2014, 08:11 PM

96 posts, read 105,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan27 View Post
So me and my cousin go to the same college. We met up with some of my friends and sat a table with about let's say 20 guys. The topic of relationships and women came up. These guys have not asked a woman out in their lives. They won't even talk to a woman at all. I was curious and asked them why. They told me "We just aren't attractive or good enough." They then told me, my cousin, and friends this "Not every guy gets a happy ending, sometimes you have to cut your losses and just accept that women will not find us attractive." Are some men just unattractive to the opposite sex? Be truthful please

Just low self-esteem these men. Women choose men's dominance and exclusivity.

Women despise weak men dispensation nature, females looking for strong men and children want from a strong man.

Old 07-24-2014, 08:23 PM

8,011 posts, read 8,208,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overoceanx View Post
Just low self-esteem these men. Women choose men's dominance and exclusivity.

Women despise weak men dispensation nature, females looking for strong men and children want from a strong man.
Are you the Hulk or something? Your speech patterns are irregular.

Old 07-24-2014, 08:24 PM

4,038 posts, read 4,863,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJS99 View Post
\
Nobody is stupid enough to believe no woman on Earth could not date them. There was that vid posted about the severely disfigured guy and even he had a woman (semi)interested in him.
But this is what the OP said his friends were saying they believed. This is what some of the dudes on this thread say they believe.

Old 07-24-2014, 08:28 PM

2,994 posts, read 5,590,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post

Good luck.
Is that really you in your profile pictures?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships