Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-24-2014, 07:04 PM

2,087 posts, read 2,852,409 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jma501 View Post
You certainly aren't describing me. I am in the best shape of my life. I look like I am in my late thirties, full head of hair and very little gray. 140 pounds..
That's small dude.

There are a few women who like thin guys assuming they are of good height, but most women want a guy who is bigger than that.

Old 07-24-2014, 07:08 PM

2,994 posts, read 5,598,677 times
I'm 6'3 about 212 pounds. I read and hear from women "i love tall men" but i don't have women banging down my door. I know I'm not hot but I'm far from ugly. I just don't have a chiseled strong face it's young looking. I also don't get out much to social events. I'm not a bar or club person so that eliminates a large amount of options.

Old 07-24-2014, 07:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie1278 View Post
I'm 6'3 about 212 pounds. I read and hear from women "i love tall men" but i don't have women banging down my door. I know I'm not hot but I'm far from ugly. I just don't have a chiseled strong face it's young looking. I also don't get out much to social events. I'm not a bar or club person so that eliminates a large amount of options.
These days, I feel like the average height hovers around 6 foot or even above, so height without being hot just doesn't hurt you, while being below 6 foot hurts and being really short just screws you totally.

Old 07-24-2014, 07:17 PM

7,300 posts, read 6,742,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davros View Post
I isolate myself because I have severe social anxiety. Whether my parents had a role in creating that, that's possible.

Isolating myself is a very old habit of mine, and one I don't ever see changing. It's too hard. There's always one reason or another why people are going to despise me. Also, there are many things that social interaction brings that I fear: disease, bed bugs, fleas, ticks, chiggers, getting beaten up or worse by gang members, and so on. It's so much more comfortable to go home after work and be alone.
Good grief. The degree of negativity you possess is just too much for me.

Old 07-24-2014, 07:18 PM

2,183 posts, read 2,205,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenn--X View Post
And yet, people do meet at marathons and running clubs.

You actually sound kinda cool, if you don't mind me saying so. You're depriving women of your company.
Thanks for the compliment. Cool is a word I would never use to describe myself. My bad points are that I am only partially employed and due to that living at home until I am fully employed again. I can't imagine women overlooking these issues.

2,183 posts, read 2,641,405 times
Quote:
Well, women aren't going to break into your house and jump you. You gotta put yourself out there and be really confident, bold, charming...

7,300 posts, read 6,742,850 times
Quote:
Post your photo on your profile here, and you might be surprised. Women might start contacting you.

Old 07-24-2014, 07:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jma501 View Post
Thanks for the compliment. Cool is a word I would never use to describe myself. My bad points are that I am only partially employed and due to that living at home until I am fully employed again. I can't imagine women overlooking these issues.
Are you willing to overlook her issues?

In a sense, a woman who is willing to overlook those issues will have issues herself. Maybe she has multiple kids, or is hefty or disabled and doesn't have men knocking down her door. It's like I heard on the radio. People who give coats and food to poor people are never rich people. It's people with little who have been there themselves.

That may be 1 out of 65 women, but if you find her, it's pretty good. Would you rather have a woman who would reject you now, but would date you when you have a good job?

Hmmmm.

Old 07-24-2014, 07:25 PM

2,994 posts, read 5,598,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tofur View Post
Well, women aren't going to break into your house and jump you. You gotta put yourself out there and be really confident, bold, charming...
I know that but man that would be awesome! ha Seriously though I'm out quite a bit doing errands and going places but women don't stop me and say anything. Or are we still in the age where the man is supposed to always approach the woman first...

Old 07-24-2014, 07:28 PM

44,259 posts, read 64,443,360 times
My cousin says this.

That his vitiligo would never get him a woman.

It is all a bullish*t defense mechanism. Reject the chick preemptively before she rejects you.

If Hitler and Manson and Dahmer and the toadstool men I see every day can get women, there is no such thing as a universally unattractive man.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships