Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-23-2014, 11:49 AM

377 posts, read 533,168 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jma501 View Post
It shows me women aren't interested in the least.
You keep saying women, as in all women, or only the women who you feel are attractive? With that preconceived opinion of women, I can understand why you would just not try anymore. All I am saying is that not all women are like that, that some are equally shy, and have equally negative beliefs of their attractiveness. Maybe it's time to re evaluate how you look at women, and adjust it to where you are more successful. If you can't do this, because you won't settle then there is no help. You need to look at it as being realistic, and not settling or dropping your standards......there is someone for everyone, as the pics prove.
Attached Thumbnails
Are some men just unattractive to all women?-article-1324521-0bce222f000005dc-93_468x506.jpg  

Last edited by Marka; 08-15-2014 at 11:49 AM..

Old 07-23-2014, 11:50 AM

4,038 posts, read 4,865,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jma501 View Post
My conclusion which you claim is erroneous.
Lots of women don't approach men. Some do, but probably most don't. That doesn't mean they're not interested in you. It only means they haven't met you. That's all it means. It means they're either shy, or they're not into making the first move. They may hover, like jade does, but they won't overtly approach.

There's another possibility, too. Jade said she makes small talk with strangers. She does that because she's friendly, I've noticed her saying elsewhere. But I've known women who use small talk as a way to test men for interest. They'll do this in stores, at public events, waiting at the cashier line, whatever. It's their way of approaching, and putting a toe in the water to test the temp. This could be happening to the OP's friends, and they're missing the signs.

You have to understand how women think, man. What I take away from this thread is there are a lot of dudes who have no clue how women think and act. Women don't think like dudes. Few are bold like the typical dude. If you expect them to be, you're going to have a lonely life. And the sad part is, it's for no good reason you're dooming yourself to that life. If you didn't want a different life, you wouldn't be posting here.

Old 07-23-2014, 11:51 AM

10,216 posts, read 8,310,000 times
Update: We all decided to have a group convo, these guys are now admitting they have no interest in forming relationships with women whatsoever. They claim "It's just too much work." Shame, they're very nice to be around. Oh well. I think the thread ends here lol

Old 07-23-2014, 11:51 AM

3,603 posts, read 5,940,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBT1980 View Post
Sometimes it feels better to not know and think maybe you are attractive to women as opposed to finding out that you aren't..

I felt much better when I didn't approach women but thought maybe Iam an attractive guy as opposed to recently starting to approach and getting rejected and finding out I'm not..
That's exactly why I don't take any effort to make myself more presentable, or to try and approach women. Because if I did and failed, then I'd only feel worse about myself.

Old 07-23-2014, 11:52 AM

28,226 posts, read 36,889,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan27 View Post
She ain't that interested in said guy then.
Can you guys introduce me to these ladies who are making these overt approaches? Like seriously, I have met two my whole life.

Number one: she was an aggressive girl, former rugby player. She ended up swooping in on a nice shy christian guy (I can't remember if he was norman), sinking her claws in, and eventually they got married and have 3 or 4 kids. But to date, she is the only aggressive woman I have ever met. And she was aggressive with everything. Everything was a challenge or competition with her. She had to win in everything. So yes she asked him out.

Now the second aggressive girl was a little more old school. She just liked to orbit in skimpy outfits and bend over after accidentally dropping stuff while you were looking. The batted her eyelids, paraded around in her towel, and maybe winked and waved. But she didn't actually "approach" she was just there in a very obvious way.

So can you all introduce me to these ladies who are just seeing men, chasing them down the street, grabbing their butts, and cornering them to ask them out? Because I really have never seen it.

Old 07-23-2014, 11:53 AM

3,603 posts, read 5,940,074 times
Quote:
Update: We all decided to have a group convo, these guys are now admitting they have no interest in forming relationships with women whatsoever. They claim "It's just too much work." Shame, they're very nice to be around. Oh well. I think the thread ends here lol
I feel the same way. It's too much work.

Old 07-23-2014, 11:55 AM

41,936 posts, read 36,981,862 times
Dumb kids. It isn't work. It takes effort, but it isn't work.

Old 07-23-2014, 11:55 AM

28,226 posts, read 36,889,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewbiePoster View Post
Lots of women don't approach men. Some do, but probably most don't. That doesn't mean they're not interested in you. It only means they haven't met you. That's all it means. It means they're either shy, or they're not into making the first move. They may hover, like jade does, but they won't overtly approach.

There's another possibility, too. Jade said she makes small talk with strangers. She does that because she's friendly, I've noticed her saying elsewhere. But I've known women who use small talk as a way to test men for interest. They'll do this in stores, at public events, waiting at the cashier line, whatever. It's their way of approaching, and putting a toe in the water to test the temp. This could be happening to the OP's friends, and they're missing the signs.

You have to understand how women think, man. What I take away from this thread is there are a lot of dudes who have no clue how women think and act. Women don't think like dudes. Few are bold like the typical dude. If you expect them to be, you're going to have a lonely life. And the sad part is, it's for no good reason you're dooming yourself to that life. If you didn't want a different life, you wouldn't be posting here.
Exactly! Some of us are so much more subtle! I do make a lot of small talk, rarely with the intent of flirting. Probably never. But sometimes it totally turns into flirting and I'll notice "oh that guy is super cute!" Or maybe the opposite happens, and the guy thinks the same thing.

We don't like to (or have been trained not to) club men over the head. More winking less clubbing.

Old 07-23-2014, 11:56 AM

9,301 posts, read 8,350,998 times
Quote:
Yeah, I can identify with them there. I myself am not all that interested in a relationship. I can handle friendships. However, I am open to a relationship.

Yes, it is a lot of work.

Old 07-23-2014, 11:56 AM

22,278 posts, read 21,737,640 times
Quote:
All 20 of you had a group conversation (when were all of you, the same group, free to meet in the past day?) and every single one of them reached the same independent conclusion? OK then.

Sometimes I think you live in a world that exists only in your mind, where every guy but you is pathologically shy and every Hooters girl is happy in a sexless relationship with you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships