Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-22-2014, 11:23 AM

9,301 posts, read 8,347,687 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jma501 View Post
I am the same way. I would think I was dreaming too. I watch TV shows and movies. When a romance and/or sex scene comes on I start thinking that no woman would ever feel that way about me. Ever. For me that's the God's honest truth.
Yeah, even I face those feelings. However, I'm still not at my best. (I don't think I will ever be. I will get better and better and better, but I believe my and everyone's potential is so vast and so great that very few, if any will ever be at their best, but I will get pretty good. )

Granted when I reach the next level of work on myself, I will like what I see. I want to get to a point where it wouldn't really matter all that much (even though it may still matter) how or if a woman would ever "feel that way about me." But I have a way to go.

Old 07-22-2014, 11:29 AM

2,071 posts, read 2,210,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saritaschihuahua View Post
You can have all the insight you believe you have, however, the fact is that if a man is unreasonable about who he is, and thinks he's capable of (or entitled to) date very attractive women, and it's NOT happening, then he's being illogical and living in a fool's paradise, thereby ending up extremely frustrated as a result.

It's better to be reasonable and attain what one is capable of attaining, not what is beyond one's reach.
This is a strawman argument you have manufactured out of thin air, no man in thread is claiming to be entitled to anything. It is disingenuous and insulting that you would manufacture such an argument.

Old 07-22-2014, 11:35 AM

2,183 posts, read 2,202,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJenkins602 View Post
Yeah, even I face those feelings. However, I'm still not at my best. (I don't think I will ever be. I will get better and better and better, but I believe my and everyone's potential is so vast and so great that very few, if any will ever be at their best, but I will get pretty good. )

Granted when I reach the next level of work on myself, I will like what I see. I want to get to a point where it wouldn't really matter all that much (even though it may still matter) how or if a woman would ever "feel that way about me." But I have a way to go.
Good luck to you on that. For me I just do not see it as even remotely possibly.

Old 07-22-2014, 11:45 AM

8,011 posts, read 8,208,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert5 View Post
This is a strawman argument you have manufactured out of thin air, no man in thread is claiming to be entitled to anything. It is disingenuous and insulting that you would manufacture such an argument.
I have to agree with this. IDK why people constantly come to this conclusion. The OP never said that any of his friends said that they deserve a hot woman. They said they weren't attractive to the opposite sex at all. "I took it as them saying life ain't fair and not everyone gets to be in a romantic relationship. Oh well, too bad, move on." You know the direct opposite of entitlement or "getting what I think I deserve"

But what can you say? Some people on these boards really just like conflict and want to argue so they take it the way they want to take it. That's why it's good to take a break from this place sometimes.

Old 07-22-2014, 11:49 AM

4,038 posts, read 4,863,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert5 View Post
I'm not so sure about that. The OP said his friends expect women to approach them, and when they don't, they feel like rejects. I don't know if that's out-and-out entitlement, but it's a strange expectation, and an even stranger conclusion to draw. He said they're in business in some capacity. I don't know how you can win in business if you define yourself as a failure without even attempting anything. I can't get my mind around that. Do they really expect life to fall in their laps?

Old 07-22-2014, 12:12 PM

2,765 posts, read 3,629,795 times
Quote:
I am the same way. I would think I was dreaming too. I watch TV shows and movies. When a romance and/or sex scene comes on I start thinking that no woman would ever feel that way about me. Ever. For me that's the God's honest truth.
Well the thing is that you are not used to being in that situation and when it does happen it is wierd because you don't expect it, it makes me wonder what it is that she sees that no other woman apparently sees.

Old 07-22-2014, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewbiePoster View Post
I'm not so sure about that. The OP said his friends expect women to approach them, and when they don't, they feel like rejects. I don't know if that's out-and-out entitlement, but it's a strange expectation, and an even stranger conclusion to draw. He said they're in business in some capacity. I don't know how you can win in business if you define yourself as a failure without even attempting anything. I can't get my mind around that. Do they really expect life to fall in their laps?
Being good at your profession and being good with women are vastly different things. These guys sound like me when I was in my twenties. I had a friend who had women approach him constantly while they ignored me. I learned very quickly that if women approach you they are interested and if they don't, they aren't. It isn't nuclear physics. These guys must have had similar experiences and came to the same conclusion I did. No entitlement just the acceptance of a fact of life.

Old 07-22-2014, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1orlando View Post
Well the thing is that you are not used to being in that situation and when it does happen it is wierd because you don't expect it, it makes me wonder what it is that she sees that no other woman apparently sees.
As close as I have ever come to this is with a few women friends either in college or coworkers. Each one sat next to me and proceeded to tell me her life story. Then acted as if we were friends. Eventually we became friends. Experiencing this several times over I found it to be bizarre to say the least.

Old 07-22-2014, 12:35 PM

8,011 posts, read 8,208,250 times
Quote:
Being good at your profession and being good with women are vastly different things. These guys sound like me when I was in my twenties. I had a friend who had women approach him constantly while they ignored me. I learned very quickly that if women approach you they are interested and if they don't, they aren't. It isn't nuclear physics. These guys must have had similar experiences and came to the same conclusion I did. No entitlement just the acceptance of a fact of life.
I don't understand this mindset so many people have that if you fail at dating you fail at life in general.
(you can't get a good job or be financially independent).

Old 07-22-2014, 12:38 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,306,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ro2113 View Post
I don't understand this mindset so many people have that if you fail at dating you fail at life in general.
(you can't get a good job or be financially independent).
Those people don't know what they're talking about. Getting a job and dating are two different.things. I think getting a job is way easier than getting a woman to like you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships