Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-22-2014, 12:41 PM

2,183 posts, read 2,203,063 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan27 View Post
Those people don't know what they're talking about. Getting a job and dating are two different.things. I think getting a job is way easier than getting a woman to like you.
This is exactly what I meant.

Old 07-22-2014, 03:09 PM

7,300 posts, read 6,734,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert5 View Post
This is a strawman argument you have manufactured out of thin air, no man in thread is claiming to be entitled to anything. It is disingenuous and insulting that you would manufacture such an argument.
I've taken the time to look at your past posts, and practically all your posts consist of directing the same exact type of argument at everyone.

Old 07-22-2014, 04:02 PM

4,038 posts, read 4,864,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jma501 View Post
Being good at your profession and being good with women are vastly different things. These guys sound like me when I was in my twenties. I had a friend who had women approach him constantly while they ignored me. I learned very quickly that if women approach you they are interested and if they don't, they aren't. It isn't nuclear physics. These guys must have had similar experiences and came to the same conclusion I did. No entitlement just the acceptance of a fact of life.
Fair enough. But these guys don't even know if they're good with women. OP said they'd never given it a try. Being passive and waiting to see if women approach you isn't a metric of whether you're good with women. If they try to get to know women through their work in some way, or through outside activities, and approach a few who seem simpatico after having some good convos, they could win. You can't win if you don't try. I can't get my mind around giving up before you even try.

Old 07-22-2014, 04:04 PM

9,301 posts, read 8,349,337 times
Quote:
Those people don't know what they're talking about. Getting a job and dating are two different.things. I think getting a job is way easier than getting a woman to like you.
For me, it is quite the opposite. Apparently, I have a better chance of getting with women than getting a regular job (I'm self employed).

For every manager that says "You're not hired" there's like 3 women that say "Take me". LOL!

Old 07-22-2014, 04:09 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,171,795 times
I feel like the answer that some people on this thread are looking for is - Yes, there are many, many men that no women will ever be attracted to - and you are one of them. It's not your fault. It's that women are really shallow. There is nothing you can do about it. Accept that you will be alone for the rest of your life.

And that simply isn't true. But that seems to be the only "right" answer that some people are looking for.

Old 07-22-2014, 04:10 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,883,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jma501 View Post
Being good at your profession and being good with women are vastly different things. These guys sound like me when I was in my twenties. I had a friend who had women approach him constantly while they ignored me. I learned very quickly that if women approach you they are interested and if they don't, they aren't. It isn't nuclear physics. These guys must have had similar experiences and came to the same conclusion I did. No entitlement just the acceptance of a fact of life.
Yes and no, loads of woman do not like to actively approach men. You could be missing the signs. Most women actually "orbit*" not approach. You may not even realize it at all.

If you see the same lady around all the time, for no apparent reason, she is probably interested.

*Orbiting: when a woman is nearby, in close enough range for you to notice, possibly in conversation range, but not directly in your field of vision for long periods of time. Of course don't confuse orbiting with this is my job and I am supposed to be here.

Old 07-22-2014, 04:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewbiePoster View Post
Fair enough. But these guys don't even know if they're good with women. OP said they'd never given it a try. Being passive and waiting to see if women approach you isn't a metric of whether you're good with women. If they try to get to know women through their work in some way, or through outside activities, and approach a few who seem simpatico after having some good convos, they could win. You can't win if you don't try. I can't get my mind around giving up before you even try.
A man getting approached by women isn't all that common. It is definitely not something a man should expect. The only ones that can expect are those who usually get approached.

I try not to expect approaches, but... sometimes I get spoiled.

However, in many cases, relationships began with the man taking the initiative, even to this day. Yes, women do approach, but I have a feeling that men approach more.

But my philosophy is; If you see what you want, go for it... if it is right.

Be wise.

Old 07-22-2014, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
Yes and no, loads of woman do not like to actively approach men. You could be missing the signs. Most women actually "orbit*" not approach. You may not even realize it at all.

If you see the same lady around all the time, for no apparent reason, she is probably interested.

*Orbiting: when a woman is nearby, in close enough range for you to notice, possibly in conversation range, but not directly in your field of vision for long periods of time. Of course don't confuse orbiting with this is my job and I am supposed to be here.
I actually haven't realized that. Thx.

I mean, I knew it instinctively, but... whatever.

Great point.

Old 07-22-2014, 04:24 PM

2,071 posts, read 2,210,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saritaschihuahua View Post
I've taken the time to look at your past posts, and practically all your posts consist of directing the same exact type of argument at everyone.
Not only are you the only person I have ever accused of constructing a strawman argument in this thread, you are the only person I have ever accused of constructing a strawman argument ever on any thread on city data.

Old 07-22-2014, 05:22 PM

2,732 posts, read 3,585,662 times
Quote:
So me and my cousin go to the same college. We met up with some of my friends and sat a table with about let's say 20 guys. The topic of relationships and women came up. These guys have not asked a woman out in their lives. They won't even talk to a woman at all. I was curious and asked them why. They told me "We just aren't attractive or good enough." They then told me, my cousin, and friends this "Not every guy gets a happy ending, sometimes you have to cut your losses and just accept that women will not find us attractive." Are some men just unattractive to the opposite sex? Be truthful please

What is attractive to women is a man who is either rich, famous, or a male who clearly demonstrates power over other males such as police officers or some kind of tough bad-boy. The closer a male gets to being rich, famous, or powerful, the more women will come out the woodwork. It's really that simple.

Aside from having good personal hygiene, the physical looks of a male don't even matter, although, it helps if you're 6'2, you have muscles, and long flowing hair like a rock star.

If a male is "unattractive" to women, it's a euphemism, and it really means that the male is too low status, he's too poor, or he is perceived as too weak somehow.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships