Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-19-2014, 05:37 PM

19,429 posts, read 15,248,700 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by metamorphosis View Post
Okay. I'm going to try again. I have a date this weekend. Hard to believe, huh? LOL

I am actually looking forward to this one more than the one a few weeks ago. The difference is this guy actually wrote WORDS in his emails AND used words over the phone! Will wonders ever cease? : / * chucking *
Sounds promising...

Good luck.

Old 08-19-2014, 11:45 PM

35,094 posts, read 51,251,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by metamorphosis View Post
Okay. I'm going to try again. I have a date this weekend. Hard to believe, huh? LOL

I am actually looking forward to this one more than the one a few weeks ago. The difference is this guy actually wrote WORDS in his emails AND used words over the phone! Will wonders ever cease? : / * chucking *

No way, I don't believe you, those things just don't happen this day and age.
You are exaggerating right?
Seriously, real full length words in clear concise english actually spoken and written? In a short period of time by the same man?

You better hold on to him, especially if you have an actual conversation when together.

Old 08-20-2014, 04:39 AM

11,222 posts, read 16,430,926 times
06:39am..........I still don't see the sun. Sky only started lightening up about 10-15 minutes ago.

This is depressing. After last winter................

Old 08-20-2014, 08:12 AM

27,957 posts, read 39,785,719 times
The shorter days annoy me.

Old 08-20-2014, 08:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnatomicflux View Post
06:39am..........I still don't see the sun. Sky only started lightening up about 10-15 minutes ago.

This is depressing. After last winter................
Quote:
Originally Posted by SD4020 View Post
The shorter days annoy me.
I don't wanna talk about it.

Old 08-20-2014, 08:52 AM

8,757 posts, read 9,466,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaOfGrass View Post
I don't wanna talk about it.

Now, now. lets talk about this, it might help. j/k. But really, I hadn't even noticed, but I'll pay attention see how soon darkness comes tonight. I have an evening, starts around 7pm, outdoor event to attend Friday, so this might be a good thing not having the sun blaring down on us, hopefully we'll get some cooler temps to go with it; presently we're still getting temps into the 90's. Well a good thing just for the outdoor event, I like the longer days of sunlight along with the rest of you.

Old 08-20-2014, 10:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRosa View Post
Now, now. lets talk about this, it might help. j/k. But really, I hadn't even noticed, but I'll pay attention see how soon darkness comes tonight. I have an evening, starts around 7pm, outdoor event to attend Friday, so this might be a good thing not having the sun blaring down on us, hopefully we'll get some cooler temps to go with it; presently we're still getting temps into the 90's. Well a good thing just for the outdoor event, I like the longer days of sunlight along with the rest of you.
LOL. I know, we shouldn't let it get to us. Just like we shouldn't let Sundays (meaning Monday is coming) get to us. You waste half your life that way. I'm stiiilllll working on it.

How many groups do you belong to, TRosa? Do you have different ones or is it just one but you just get together for different kinds of events all the time?

Old 08-20-2014, 12:19 PM

8,757 posts, read 9,466,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaOfGrass View Post
LOL. I know, we shouldn't let it get to us. Just like we shouldn't let Sundays (meaning Monday is coming) get to us. You waste half your life that way. I'm stiiilllll working on it.

How many groups do you belong to, TRosa? Do you have different ones or is it just one but you just get together for different kinds of events all the time?
I'm signed up with quite a few, mainly active with just three, of which the people in the groups are all members of all the same groups, so sometimes all three of the groups are doing the same event at the same times. Like Friday, I signed up with two of my groups for the same outing, I will just mingle with both groups and I know at least three other people for sure signed up on both sites and we let both groups know ahead of time. I normally only attend maybe one or two events a month, just that I'm not always, physically, feeling well enough to do as much as the rest of the members, so, when I do feel up to it and it's something I really want to attend, I take advantage of those moments.

As long as I don't make a wrong move when I'm dancing, I'm good to go. No trying to bend and dip trying to a that, how low can you go type move and I'll be ok. A month or so ago, I forgot about my neck issues and was rocking out a bit too much with the head banging kind of move when the two guitarist were putting out some kick butt riffs and boy did I pay for it. Still it was worth it. One friend reached out and said you sure you should be doing that. Bwaaaaahahaha. Guess I did get carried away and they never saw me let go like that. They haven't seen anything yet put some Rihanna, top 40 music on and they'll think they hit the strip club, the old lady has skills on the dance floor. Naw, that's a sight they really don't want to see.

PS, some of the groups are quite different that I belong too, like one generally participates in more upscale events, like wine tasting, fine dinning, the others pretty much do more of everything, everywhere high brow and not so high brow, just how low can they go, I asked one place I entered.

Old 08-20-2014, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRosa View Post
I'm signed up with quite a few, mainly active with just three, of which the people in the groups are all members of all the same groups, so sometimes all three of the groups are doing the same event at the same times. Like Friday, I signed up with two of my groups for the same outing, I will just mingle with both groups and I know at least three other people for sure signed up on both sites and we let both groups know ahead of time. I normally only attend maybe one or two events a month, just that I'm not always, physically, feeling well enough to do as much as the rest of the members, so, when I do feel up to it and it's something I really want to attend, I take advantage of those moments.

As long as I don't make a wrong move when I'm dancing, I'm good to go. No trying to bend and dip trying to a that, how low can you go type move and I'll be ok. A month or so ago, I forgot about my neck issues and was rocking out a bit too much with the head banging kind of move when the two guitarist were putting out some kick butt riffs and boy did I pay for it. Still it was worth it. One friend reached out and said you sure you should be doing that. Bwaaaaahahaha. Guess I did get carried away and they never saw me let go like that. They haven't seen anything yet put some Rihanna, top 40 music on and they'll think they hit the strip club, the old lady has skills on the dance floor. Naw, that's a sight they really don't want to see.

PS, some of the groups are quite different that I belong too, like one generally participates in more upscale events, like wine tasting, fine dinning, the others pretty much do more of everything, everywhere high brow and not so high brow, just how low can they go, I asked one place I entered.
LOL, well, TRosa, I for one would love to see you head bangin' or doing "how low can you go."

I'm thinking I may have asked you about this before, so I apologize if I did and don't remember.

Old 08-20-2014, 05:54 PM

52,282 posts, read 52,700,922 times
We have a neighbor affectionately known as "White dog guy" cause we always saw him walking his dog, and could you guess what color the dog is??

I've seen him around our complex for as long as we've lived here, he was maybe 58 or so, IDK.... anyway, I saw a flyer near our community mailboxes indicating that he passed this past Monday.

Shocker cause best as I could tell he was fine, always saw him around and about. Didn't know if he had any ongoing medical issues. I wonder if he just had a heart attack or something quick like that.

Just goes to show you could punch your card at any moment....

Last edited by Chowhound; 08-20-2014 at 06:08 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships