Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-30-2014, 05:20 PM

4,005 posts, read 4,106,650 times

Advertisements

Ha! "Enjoying it"? I'm trying to figure out what's wrong with ME. Afterall, I am the common denominator, right?

Old 07-30-2014, 05:25 PM

15,714 posts, read 21,073,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by metamorphosis View Post
Ha! "Enjoying it"? I'm trying to figure out what's wrong with ME. Afterall, I am the common denominator, right?
I'm sure there is nothing wrong with you, you just haven't found someone that meshes well with you yet.

Old 07-30-2014, 05:36 PM

Well, I hear the guys complain that they can't find women, yet every guy that I have had in my life has quickly found someone after me. My ex-husband was married just months after our divorce. My ex-SO cheated on me. I've had 2 LDRs (which I know is stupid in itself) who found someone while corresponding with me.

I'm like a repellent. LOL

I have noticed a couple things though. Guys in their 40s (and maybe younger, I wouldn't know) like to text and email. I like that, because I feel as though I get to know them. (I know I could be completely off-base considering my track record.) Guys in my age range 50+ don't like to text or email. They give me about a sentence per message. The date I had last night (60) wasn't much of a writer, but wanted to meet. I guess that was my mistake, because I really didn't feel like I knew much about him. If I had been able to get more words out of him (via text or email), I may have at least had less of a stranger-with-stranger encounter.

Just food for thought.

Old 07-30-2014, 05:40 PM

15,714 posts, read 21,073,381 times
Quote:
Well, I hear the guys complain that they can't find women, yet every guy that I have had in my life has quickly found someone after me. My ex-husband was married just months after our divorce. My ex-SO cheated on me. I've had 2 LDRs (which I know is stupid in itself) who found someone while corresponding with me.

I'm like a repellent. LOL

I have noticed a couple things though. Guys in their 40s (and maybe younger, I wouldn't know) like to text and email. I like that, because I feel as though I get to know them. (I know I could be completely off-base considering my track record.) Guys in my age range 50+ don't like to text or email. They give me about a sentence per message. The date I had last night (60) wasn't much of a writer, but wanted to meet. I guess that was my mistake, because I really didn't feel like I knew much about him. If I had been able to get more words out of him (via text or email), I may have at least had less of a stranger-with-stranger encounter.

Just food for thought.
Hmmmm, that's hard. I couldn't imagine meeting someone cold (or after just an e-mail or two).

Do you have hobies you are interested in? Meet up groups? Have any pets? Do you have any single girlfriends?

Old 07-30-2014, 06:08 PM

Since moving into my house, my hobbies are fixing things. I like stripping things down (Go ahead, say it, Mag. Make a joke.), and re-finishing them. The last things I did were the old milk door on the side of my house and the side door of my house.

I've not done a meet-up group. I heard that people only are "friendly" with those who have been going forever.

Don't have a pet.

The single women I know are the ones I work with and they are man-haters. I don't want to be a man-hater.

There is a place at which I'm interested in volunteering, but it's kinda far. Am still looking for something closer.

Maybe I should just forget the whole thing. Just go about my life and be single. My mom and sisters did it. I just don't want to be like them.

I'll be going out for a walk soon. Maybe I'll trip over a man. Of course, if I trip over him, that means he's drunk on the sidewalk . . . oh, never mind. LOL

Old 07-30-2014, 06:52 PM

19,429 posts, read 15,248,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRosa View Post
I was about to ask the same question, this has been happening on and off a few days now. I mean I know I deserve them, but only if they mean it, not just because I have cute cheeks.
LOL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnatomicflux View Post
*cuts the tension with a knife*

Okay....carry on, everybody. lol

Meanwhile, in Canada:

AAAAARRRRRUUUUGGGGHHHH!!!!! I hate being by myself here at night!!!!!

Quote:
Since moving into my house, my hobbies are fixing things. I like stripping things down (Go ahead, say it, Mag. Make a joke.), and re-finishing them. The last things I did were the old milk door on the side of my house and the side door of my house.

I've not done a meet-up group. I heard that people only are "friendly" with those who have been going forever.

Don't have a pet.

The single women I know are the ones I work with and they are man-haters. I don't want to be a man-hater.

There is a place at which I'm interested in volunteering, but it's kinda far. Am still looking for something closer.

Maybe I should just forget the whole thing. Just go about my life and be single. My mom and sisters did it. I just don't want to be like them.

I'll be going out for a walk soon. Maybe I'll trip over a man. Of course, if I trip over him, that means he's drunk on the sidewalk . . . oh, never mind. LOL
Well, he might could use some coffee. Maybe you could invite... Sorry, that's not funny, is it.

Old 07-30-2014, 07:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaOfGrass View Post

Well, he might could use some coffee. Maybe you could invite... Sorry, that's not funny, is it.

It may not be funny to some, but it just might work for me. Naw . . . better to keep him drunk. LOL

Old 07-30-2014, 07:10 PM

17,635 posts, read 22,643,465 times
Quote:

Don't have a pet.

I've always loved wood & the grain in wood. When I make something I usually apply a good stain or oil & a clear finish. I don't like to use paint most of the time. I live in a forest on side of my mountain.

Perhaps you would enjoy joining a mixed bowling league (women & men). They are a lot of FUN. One league we had we all went to Reno on a Party Bus...

Old 07-30-2014, 07:36 PM

Hawk: When I read your first sentence, I actually thought you were quoting me from somewhere, because I wrote that very thing just a few days ago! I like the grain in wood, too. My sister paints over everything and I strip old paint off to see the wood.

I've toyed with the idea of bowling. I'd have to find a group desperate enough to take me. LOL I'd be labeled The Gutter Queen (and not solely for my thoughts, either). Thanks for bringing it up. I just may look into it.

Old 07-30-2014, 08:13 PM

6,143 posts, read 7,557,967 times
I have a phone interview for a job tomorrow. I'm so used to rejection, I might as well just hang up on myself.

For now, I'm enjoying Blossom reruns.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships