Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2014, 05:13 AM

12,585 posts, read 16,984,238 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeraKera View Post
I understand the concept of love, but when it comes to being in love, it gets a little fuzzy for me.

I notice a lot of married people saying they chose to love their spouses being that love is a choice, an action, not a feeling, although feelings can arise when loving a significant other.

Does being in love simply mean seeing yourself with someone for the rest of your life and nothing more or is it deeper than that?
When you feel like you're not complete till your back together.

You think about them constantly.

It's a feeling you have that never goes away. Something that continues to grow over time and experiences together. Little things and places will start reminding you of them.

When you have a funny story or news that you want to share it makes you wish you were with that someone in order to share it with them.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=LyPFQKpRnd0
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2014, 07:20 AM

42,763 posts, read 52,947,431 times
Love is like rain on your wedding day.

Old 08-03-2014, 09:12 AM

4,078 posts, read 5,426,565 times
Quote:
I understand the concept of love, but when it comes to being in love, it gets a little fuzzy for me.

I notice a lot of married people saying they chose to love their spouses being that love is a choice, an action, not a feeling, although feelings can arise when loving a significant other.

Does being in love simply mean seeing yourself with someone for the rest of your life and nothing more or is it deeper than that?
Some people have a practical approach to love like arranged marriages. There is a strong sense of duty, loyalty and commitment.

Some people have more of a romantic approach to love, which can start out first as lust, leading to practical love.

Being in love implies a general feeling of love, devotion, and adoration for the person we are with.

Old 08-04-2014, 06:58 PM

4,005 posts, read 4,117,415 times
For me, being "in love" with someone means that I want to spend my time with him. I don't get tired of seeing his face, holding his hand, or kissing him. I fell out of love with my husband. I was always in love with my SO.

Old 08-04-2014, 07:03 PM

5,874 posts, read 10,547,989 times
Quote:
Have you all experienced being in love with someone, knowing for a FACT that it wasn't infatuation and has it been reciprocated to you?

Yes! 4 times in my 32 years of life and its great

Old 08-04-2014, 08:10 PM

41,936 posts, read 37,058,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NilaJones View Post
I am old, but I think maybe I have never felt the kind of love people are talking about, here.

I know the feeling of being madly, passionately in love at the beginning, thinking the person is just the cat's pajamas. And for me, that has always transitioned into the kind of love I feel for my family and my close friends and my animals (which is like what Starfishkey describes).

Is there really a third kind?

Yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
Sadly, I know many women who love their husbands but are no longer "in love" with them.

It happens.

A lot. Probably more the norm than not.

Old 08-04-2014, 08:25 PM

818 posts, read 919,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
Love is like rain on your wedding day.

Old 08-04-2014, 08:45 PM

1,514 posts, read 2,123,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HuntFishRepeat View Post
Raena thinks on a much deeper level than the rest of us. Just so you know.

Old 08-05-2014, 12:00 AM
SF

286 posts, read 325,388 times
Quote:

Yes I believe in love and I also believe that love is a choice, a decision, true feelings can arise.

Quote:

No, not necessarily. One can be in love and not be with that person for their lifetime, it's possible surely. It is not restricted to just seeing yourself with the one you love for the rest of your life, I would say that might be just one of the things that happens, but it's not like that is the only one, which proves that you are in love with that person.

Being in love is much deeper than that, in my view it's like you know you can't spend you life with the one you love for whatever reasons but your love for that person will never diminish or go away, no distance can reduce that love that you have and hence this is also called being in love with the significant other.

Old 08-05-2014, 12:08 AM

3,016 posts, read 3,917,468 times
When even without their presence, you can still feel their life force everyday when you wake up. . . .

And regardless of how much pain and betrayal you might still feel, you hold on to the hope of a return at some point in the future.

It is not rationall or logical. It is not supposed to be. True romantic love has similar symptoms as mental illness and at it's core, being 'in love' distorts reality - it has to, since it would be impossible to truly love someone as much as one does when being 'in love' if they saw them for who they really were.

As a man, you can physically/sexually be with other women, but only really want one. The one you love and all of the other women are just poor substitutes for the only one you ever really wanted.

Being 'in love' is wanting and adoring someone not in despite of her faults and imperfections but also because of them.

A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away - the Sky-O was once 'in love'. I have known love and as a result, I have known pain. An eternal pain that haunts me every day I am alive and it is almost a curse.

There was and will always be only one. . . .

My Last Rose of Summer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships