Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-07-2014, 08:12 PM

4 posts, read 5,122 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
Would she be open to counseling?
She left several months back and has expressed no interest in counseling when I broach the subject.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2014, 08:15 PM

943 posts, read 1,005,803 times
Then go for yourself and for your daughter. You have a huge responsibility now that you'll need all the help you can get in order to stay strong.

Old 08-07-2014, 08:16 PM

48,581 posts, read 35,009,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by esushi View Post
She left several months back and has expressed no interest in counseling when I broach the subject.
Then you are left to go on your own. I would think a professional outside perspective would be helpful.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 08-07-2014, 09:13 PM

398 posts, read 472,461 times
I agree that counseling is the best thing to do. You at least need an outside opinion here.

Old 08-07-2014, 09:18 PM

14,375 posts, read 18,413,404 times
Dude, your marriage is over. But you need to get yourself to a therapist so that you can figure out what your role in it was, how to move forward and how to protect and nurture your daughter.

Old 08-07-2014, 09:34 PM

38 posts, read 33,680 times
Fallen asleep at a guys house at a party? And nothing happened??? Yeah, right. If you seriously don't believe something went on at that "friends" house I've got a nice piece of farmland to sell you in Siberia. I'd say the marriage is over, and you need to move on. The fact that she has been absent should help you get custody of your daughter, but don't count on it. Children are still overwhelmingly awarded custody to mothers by the courts, even when they are clearly not fit. It seems like she is more interested in partying and boozing it up rather than your marriage and daughter. And in response to the woman claiming misogyny, if this were reversed and it was a woman every woman would be telling her to divorce the no-good jerk immediately and taking him for all she can. You know this is true.

Last edited by dave0966; 08-07-2014 at 10:29 PM..

Old 08-07-2014, 09:39 PM

53 posts, read 68,175 times
She is cheating for sure. A friend of mine was in similar situation when his wife went to the gym 3 times a week, 2 to 3 hours each time. It turned out that she was sleeping with someone she met at the gym. She was lying to him constantly and he finally found out by logging into her iphone google maps and set up tracking location enabled. He caught them.
He is now seeing someone else. She was dumped by that guy after the divorce. Trust your instinct. Once she crossed the moral boundaries, she will cross them again. She is probably unhappy with you anyway. You won't change and she won't change so whatever causes her to be unhappy will always be there. You should talk to a family therapist but I doubt that your marriage can survive this. I filed for divorce against my wife and it was the best thing for both of us. We had an entirely different problem but at the end we were arguing every day and the stress was unbearable. I am a single dad now and sometimes I feel lonely but it is 10 times better than a bad marriage. Once trust is gone, it is over.

Old 08-07-2014, 09:41 PM

1,479 posts, read 1,313,766 times
Quote:
If she has no desire for counseling you should get a good lawyer.

Old 08-07-2014, 09:44 PM

1,226 posts, read 1,452,086 times
I agree with the OP's wife. If the trust isn't there, there's no point in staying married. If you don't trust her, OP, why are you so bothered she left? Do you honestly thought she will put up with your incessant inquiries like a recycling plant over and over and over.... you get my drift?

Old 08-07-2014, 09:46 PM

102,260 posts, read 108,258,157 times
Quote:
I have been with my wife for 10+ years. We have been married for 3 of those years, and we have a daughter who is five. It all started about a year ago when she never made it home from a party. When I initially questioned her, which I feel was warranted, she lied to me. She even went so far as to call me crazy for questioning her actions. The truth eventually came out and she had fallen asleep at a guys house with one of her friends. She swore repeatedly that nothing had happened and it was a mistake. Since then I have caught her in numerous lies, at least once a month, not all of the same nature.(But Some) I have lost complete trust in her. She told me that the marriage will not work with no trust, so she packed her things and left. She left me with our daughter and comes around a couple times a week to spend a few hours with her. I know I am culpable in the deterioration of our marriage and I am not putting all the blame on her. My question: Am I taking the trust thing too far? Should I take her word for it? In the back of my mind I question everything she tells me.
It's her job to re-establish trust after having lied to you, and also having stayed out all night at a guy's house. It's possible nothing happened, as she said. But still, she lied to you, and has continued lying to you. (If what you say is true.)

Have you asked her to go to counseling with you?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships