Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-07-2014, 07:43 PM

4 posts, read 5,122 times

Advertisements

I have been with my wife for 10+ years. We have been married for 3 of those years, and we have a daughter who is five. It all started about a year ago when she never made it home from a party. When I initially questioned her, which I feel was warranted, she lied to me. She even went so far as to call me crazy for questioning her actions. The truth eventually came out and she had fallen asleep at a guys house with one of her friends. She swore repeatedly that nothing had happened and it was a mistake. Since then I have caught her in numerous lies, at least once a month, not all of the same nature.(But Some) I have lost complete trust in her. She told me that the marriage will not work with no trust, so she packed her things and left. She left me with our daughter and comes around a couple times a week to spend a few hours with her. I know I am culpable in the deterioration of our marriage and I am not putting all the blame on her. My question: Am I taking the trust thing too far? Should I take her word for it? In the back of my mind I question everything she tells me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2014, 07:45 PM

214 posts, read 207,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by esushi View Post
I have been with my wife for 10+ years. We have been married for 3 of those years, and we have a daughter who is five. It all started about a year ago when she never made it home from a party. When I initially questioned her, which I feel was warranted, she lied to me. She even went so far as to call me crazy for questioning her actions. The truth eventually came out and she had fallen asleep at a guys house with one of her friends. She swore repeatedly that nothing had happened and it was a mistake. Since then I have caught her in numerous lies, at least once a month, not all of the same nature.(But Some) I have lost complete trust in her. She told me that the marriage will not work with no trust, so she packed her things and left. She left me with our daughter and comes around a couple times a week to spend a few hours with her. I know I am culpable in the deterioration of our marriage and I am not putting all the blame on her. My question: Am I taking the trust thing too far? Should I take her word for it? In the back of my mind I question everything she tells me.
So basically she cheated on you and continues to lie, but blames you for not trusting her? Get a divorce. She's trash.

Old 08-07-2014, 07:52 PM

943 posts, read 1,005,803 times
OP, what a tragic situation. This problem is too fresh and too personal to bring to this forum. There are a lot of people here who are outspoken but ignorant. I would think it would be wise to take this pain and this issue to a professional. With or without the mother of your daughter.
You will get much better advice and more knowledgeable advice than you will probably get here on CD.
Again, I am sorry for this tragedy. And for your wife's decision to do what she is doing.

Old 08-07-2014, 07:54 PM

16,959 posts, read 17,383,951 times
Well, shes did nothing to regain your trust but habitually lie.

I'm not sure where you are at with your marriage, but I think counseling might already be too late??

Old 08-07-2014, 07:56 PM

6,732 posts, read 10,011,630 times
Whether she cheated, or whether you are having paranoid delusions, I don't know. Either way, the marriage won't survive without help. Have you considered therapy? If she does not want to go, you can go alone.

Be warned that most men on this site have never been in a relationship (let alone married) and get their ideas from misogyny forums. Take anything you hear here about divorce and courts with a tew tons of salt. They are not speaking about real life.

Old 08-07-2014, 08:00 PM

214 posts, read 207,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NilaJones View Post
Be warned that most men on this site have never been in a relationship (let alone married) and get their ideas from misogyny forums. Take anything you hear here about divorce and courts with a tew tons of salt. They are not speaking about real life.

I'd give the same advice to a woman in the same situation with a man. You're the one who is biased, not us.

Old 08-07-2014, 08:04 PM

4 posts, read 5,122 times
I appreciate the response. The issue of cheating is not really what I am so concerned about. I have no tangible evidence that she did. I do believe her spending the night at a man's house is inappropriate regardless of what occurred. My issue is the constant lying.

Old 08-07-2014, 08:05 PM

Where do they come from? Will they return to their home under the rocks?

Old 08-07-2014, 08:07 PM

48,581 posts, read 35,009,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by esushi View Post
I appreciate the response. The issue of cheating is not really what I am so concerned about. I have no tangible evidence that she did. I do believe her spending the night at a man's house is inappropriate regardless of what occurred. My issue is the constant lying.
Why do you think she is lying? Lying is used to hide things, and I don't think hiding things is in the best interest of a happy marriage.

Would she be open to counseling?
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 08-07-2014, 08:08 PM

Esushi, if you are looking for a place where people will take your side of the story and confirm your feeling that you can't trust her, you've come to the right place.
We are quite good at it. But, we only have a limited amount of information. From what you've said, no you can't trust her. But, I still stand behind trying going to counseling with or without her.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships