Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-09-2014, 06:17 PM

15,714 posts, read 21,117,609 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betrayed Husband View Post
10 years. She doesn't want to go to counseling. Why am I getting hate for trying to protect my money?
Because you are a grown man stomping your feet around here like a bratty little child. Go back and read your posts, that's exactly how you come across. I get that your upset but you need to get yourself under control and start thinking logically here.

Old 08-09-2014, 06:17 PM

943 posts, read 1,006,563 times
Running away, although a nice fantasy does not turn out the way you fantasize it might. I would also suggest that you listen to common sense and take care of things with responsibility and maturity.
Protecting your money may make sense to a degree but eventually you'll have to surface and take care of business. Might as well bite the bullet and take care of it before it turns into a hydra that you can't manage.

Old 08-09-2014, 06:18 PM

102,312 posts, read 108,488,976 times
Quote:
10 years. She doesn't want to go to counseling. Why am I getting hate for trying to protect my money?
What hate? You're getting sound advice, and concerned questioning. One post is hostile, and you think we're all against you? Lighten up if you want people to help you.

So that's your plan, to live off the grid? OK, then. Go for it.

Old 08-09-2014, 06:19 PM

22 posts, read 19,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by foclampt View Post
Running away, although a nice fantasy does not turn out the way you fantasize it might. I would also suggest that you listen to common sense and take care of things with responsibility and maturity.
Protecting your money may make sense to a degree but eventually you'll have to surface and take care of business. Might as well bite the bullet and take care of it before it turns into a hydra that you can't manage.
I can keep my money if I run away. What would happen if I do run away?

Old 08-09-2014, 06:20 PM

15,603 posts, read 39,925,977 times
Write up a notorized statement giving her full ownership of the house, then cut a trail? Or give her half the money, go buy yourself a chainsaw...and cut the house in half and tell her she can have half of that too!

Old 08-09-2014, 06:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Sixy* View Post
Because you are a grown man stomping your feet around here like a bratty little child. Go back and read your posts, that's exactly how you come across. I get that your upset but you need to get yourself under control and start thinking logically here.
Here's my logic. How do I best hold onto my money? By depriving her of it. How do I do that? Draining the bank account. How to I make sure the money is never found? Skip town. I refuse to let her win.

Old 08-09-2014, 06:22 PM

8 posts, read 9,551 times
I think you are getting hate because that is usually the first thing men say. At least in my case.
I was even told I would be kill before I got half of my ex's things.
It took me 10 long years to get a divorce.

Old 08-09-2014, 06:24 PM

15,714 posts, read 21,117,609 times
Quote:
Here's my logic. How do I best hold onto my money? By depriving her of it. How do I do that? Draining the bank account. How to I make sure the money is never found? Skip town. I refuse to let her win.
If it's your money only then it's in an account that has your name on it only and you have a prenup in place. Did you keep separate finances? If not, what portion is yours and what is hers? You need legal advice. Running away from your problems isn't going to help you.

Old 08-09-2014, 06:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Sixy* View Post
If it's your money only then it's in an account that has your name on it only. Did you keep separate finances? If not, what portion is your and what is hers? You need legal advice. Running away from your problems isn't going to help you.
I get to keep my money.

Old 08-09-2014, 06:25 PM

102,312 posts, read 108,488,976 times
Quote:
How do you know she's not using her card to make withdrawals from your account as we speak?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships