Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-09-2014, 06:43 PM

5,103 posts, read 8,662,316 times

Advertisements

The opening post sounds like trolling to me. I can't see the ISP addy since I'm not a mod but I suspect this poster has started similar threads.

Old 08-09-2014, 06:44 PM

22 posts, read 19,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by foreverasnow View Post
I think you love your money more than your wife.
Because if you do love you wife then trying to take all the money and run away is stupid.
Money will not make you happy.
Well, let me re-state that. Money might make you happy for a little while.
However, in the end. It wont.
well my wife wants to leave so money is the only thing that means anything to me

Old 08-09-2014, 06:46 PM

6,732 posts, read 10,029,807 times
No one here believes that you have any money. Or a wife.

Old 08-09-2014, 06:46 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,983,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Sixy* View Post
Because you are a grown man stomping your feet around here like a bratty little child. Go back and read your posts, that's exactly how you come across. I get that your upset but you need to get yourself under control and start thinking logically here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Betrayed Husband View Post
I can keep my money if I run away. What would happen if I do run away?
Quote:
Here's my logic. How do I best hold onto my money? By depriving her of it. How do I do that? Draining the bank account. How to I make sure the money is never found? Skip town. I refuse to let her win.
Quote:
I'm thinking of Canada. My degree work well there and I doubt the Canadian government cares about US divorces.
OP sixy and the others are right, and you are wrong. you are acting like a two year old child always screaming "mine mine mine". when you married it was for better or worse, well now you are getting the worse. perhaps you can run away, but unless you do it after the divorce, the divorce wont mean anything because it wont be finalized, which means you will STILL be married to your wife. she would have to have you declared dead before the marriage technically ends, and that means a seven year wait for both of you.

how about doing this instead, head out to vegas and get a quickie divorce, you dont need lawyers, just a mediator to divide up the assets properly. you can try to drain your account, but if she gets an attorney, they will hunt you down regardless of what country you decide to go to, and use international banking laws to seize your accounts.

as for going to canada, that wont help, canada has extradition treaties with the US, both criminal and civil, and if the authorities want you, they will come get you, and US marshals really dont want to chase people in other countries so they wont be very cordial with you.

you can try brazil however, they like americans down there, and they have no extradition treaties with the US, but then there is that seven year wait again.

do yourself a favor, stop acting like a two year old, get your crap together, get a lawyer to protect your interests, and get the divorce over with so you two can go your separate ways.

Old 08-09-2014, 06:47 PM

15,080 posts, read 14,374,693 times
Quote:
I can have an identity in Canada. There is nothing she can possibly do about it if I'm not in the US.
Why should Canada take you? What are you bringing to the table?
You think it`s easy to emigrate to Canada?
Lol!

Old 08-09-2014, 06:47 PM

102,383 posts, read 108,693,909 times
Quote:
I was thinking Newfoundland, more isolated.
Not an oil-and-gas-rich area, though.

Old 08-09-2014, 06:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betrayed Husband
Amicable? I didn't see this coming. I am more than capable of living off the grid.
You weren't looking.

Old 08-09-2014, 06:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Not an oil-and-gas-rich area, though.
Maybe he could club baby seals,
Oh, wait...we have more than enough of those guys.

Old 08-09-2014, 06:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meemur View Post
The opening post sounds like trolling to me. I can't see the ISP addy since I'm not a mod but I suspect this poster has started similar threads.
Yep!

Old 08-09-2014, 06:52 PM

102,383 posts, read 108,693,909 times
Hey, I have an idea, OP! Ecuador! They won't extradite you, and they have oil and gas. Though it's all extracted by foreign companies, not local. Still, you might be able to get a job in the Ministry of Energy and Mines. How's your Spanish? Or you could work for Royal Dutch Shell, or BP there, maybe. And Canada has mining companies there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships