Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-18-2014, 08:49 PM

1,418 posts, read 1,269,236 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nallia1 View Post
This is one of the reasons why some women have such a negative attitude towards dating...because of this dunce-like thinking. As if the success of a date is measured by "getting laid."

Also, try to read the OP well before commenting.

OP, I'm glad that you're making great strides and maintaining a positive attitude. If you continue to be patient with yourself and introspect, all these experiences will prepare you well for that special person you seek.

All the best!
Wrong assumption
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2014, 09:51 PM

65 posts, read 129,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nobodyaskedme View Post
Probably only unheard of because people wouldn't be shouting this fact from the rooftops. I am using one of the largest of the websites. I live on the Northeast in one of the major cities. Belief? very liberal I suppose, but I don't like to classify it.
Why don't you just tell me the name of the dating website ?
Thx for answering the other question.

Old 08-19-2014, 07:35 AM

13 posts, read 13,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TravelMartialArtist View Post
Why don't you just tell me the name of the dating website ?
Thx for answering the other question.
Match.com

Old 08-19-2014, 07:54 AM

12,585 posts, read 16,959,573 times
Remember to keep your head up looking and talking to her eyes.

Old 08-19-2014, 08:26 AM

2,183 posts, read 2,639,099 times
You should explain how you went about asking the girls out, might help guys stuck in the first stages and making excuses. Great job btw!!

Old 08-19-2014, 09:07 AM

13 posts, read 13,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tofur View Post
You should explain how you went about asking the girls out, might help guys stuck in the first stages and making excuses. Great job btw!!
Thanks for the nice word. I initiated contact with a message, mentioned something in their profile that caught my eye. Made a funny quip about something as well (i'm pretty witty, so this comes quite easy to me, though I can see how this would be difficult for some people). I also made sure to ask at least one question so the person has something definite to say if they wanted to reply back.

If I got a reply, I responded to what they had to say and then immediately made it known that I would like to meet up. None of this message back and forth for weeks nonsense. I wanted to strike while the iron was hot. Their response indicated that they were interested in me, so I wanted to take it to the next level before some other guy comes along and does the same thing.

I don't have the stats in front of me now, but I would say I got a 20% response rate to my initial message. Of that 20%, probably a third of them responded positively to my first date requests. So yeah, it's a tough game out their for the guys, but if you put in enough effort and persistence things can definitely happen.

Old 08-19-2014, 09:17 AM

1,059 posts, read 1,208,503 times
I like your positivity and energy!

Old 08-19-2014, 11:30 AM

1,418 posts, read 1,269,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdizo916 View Post
I like your positivity and energy!
And its more important for men to be like this
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships