Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-30-2014, 04:46 PM

19,429 posts, read 15,244,219 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlguy39 View Post
Thanks Chow. The biggest problem is I now live in the wrong city (had to move for a job in late 2012). If I was still in Atlanta, with my current job, it would be much better. Maybe you can get Mrs. Chow to set me up!
Hi, Atlguy, Mrs. Chow here. I had almost repped you saying basically the same things Chow just did.

Sorry, I have no one to set you up with, but I'll keep it in mind, lol.

Good luck.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2014, 04:50 PM

2,087 posts, read 2,849,561 times
Quote:
Thanks Chow. The biggest problem is I now live in the wrong city (had to move for a job in late 2012). If I was still in Atlanta, with my current job, it would be much better. Maybe you can get Mrs. Chow to set me up!
I also agree you are a good looking dude. And you don't look short.

That's really most of the battle.

Women do want good guys most of the time. At least when they are over age 33. But it has to fit in the package they are attracted to. I would say that is not your problem.

Old 08-30-2014, 06:10 PM

3,467 posts, read 8,143,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newdixiegirl View Post
No, Atl, not all women are attracted to douchebags.

Women who are immature, weak, shortsighted, delusional, superficial, and frankly, stupid, are attracted to douchebags.

Women who are narcissistic like narcissistic men.

Women who don't value themselves foolishly think douchebag men WILL value them.

Women with very poor taste in men want men of poor quality.

Women with no control over their standard sexual appetites want men with no control over theirs.

If your experience tells you that all women want douchebags, Atl, then my question to you, is: WHY do you continue to pursue this kind of woman? Why are you (and other men) even attracted to women like this?

I'm telling you, there are plenty of women who have never wanted douchebags, or "bad boys," or whatever you want to call them. I, myself, have always found that good, stable men who know what they want, who have high standards in terms of the qualities they want in a woman, and who won't settle for less (and I'm not talking about a woman's "hotness") are the most attractive men. Men who are intelligent, respectful, open-minded and socially progressive in many ways, but who, at their core, are gentlemen with traditional values are the MOST masculine, the most desirable and the sexiest men, BAR NONE.

If you and other men routinely find yourselves in bad relationships or would-be relationships with women like the above-mentioned, then the common denominator is YOU. Instead of wasting time desperately trying to make sense of the dumb behavior of dumb women, however, you could make better use your time working to change your OWN behavior (ie. no longer pursuing those kinds of women).

Then you will find a woman of quality who values the good guy you are.
/thread

Old 08-30-2014, 08:25 PM

9,000 posts, read 10,178,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaOfGrass View Post
Hi, Atlguy, Mrs. Chow here. I had almost repped you saying basically the same things Chow just did.

Sorry, I have no one to set you up with, but I'll keep it in mind, lol.

Good luck.
LOL I thought that was a great idea- & if ya' did set him up......
I'd be next to ask you or Chow to set me up w/ a Californian, too

I know a few people from Cali- they're seriously some of the coolest ppl I know

Old 08-30-2014, 08:30 PM

19,429 posts, read 15,244,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by believe007 View Post
LOL I thought that was a great idea- & if ya' did set him up......
I'd be next to ask you or Chow to set me up w/ a Californian, too

I know a few people from Cali- they're seriously some of the coolest ppl I know
That sounds about right.

I'm just kidding...

If I knew anyone, I would, lol. I'll keep you in mind, too.

Old 08-31-2014, 09:02 PM

5,353 posts, read 5,792,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJS99 View Post
I also agree you are a good looking dude. And you don't look short.

That's really most of the battle.

Women do want good guys most of the time. At least when they are over age 33. But it has to fit in the package they are attracted to. I would say that is not your problem.
Thanks. I'm not short, and apparently just barely make the female cut of 6'0". However, that doesn't seem to make much difference. If being a couple inches shorter would make it even more difficult to date, I just can't imagine how bad that would be. My issue, aside from being in an awful city is I'm not the kind of guy who's very outgoing and approaches random women. Add to that I'm a "nice guy", and its a losing situation. Anyway, to stay on topic here, I am not a fan of the hookup culture, and hate casual dating. I just want to be married with a family and be done with dating forever.

Old 08-31-2014, 09:36 PM

2,485 posts, read 2,218,833 times
Quote:
Thanks. I'm not short, and apparently just barely make the female cut of 6'0". However, that doesn't seem to make much difference. If being a couple inches shorter would make it even more difficult to date, I just can't imagine how bad that would be. My issue, aside from being in an awful city is I'm not the kind of guy who's very outgoing and approaches random women. Add to that I'm a "nice guy", and its a losing situation. Anyway, to stay on topic here, I am not a fan of the hookup culture, and hate casual dating. I just want to be married with a family and be done with dating forever.
You actually want to be married with a family?

Old 08-31-2014, 09:38 PM

5,353 posts, read 5,792,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Costaexpress View Post
You actually want to be married with a family?
Why is this shocking?

Old 08-31-2014, 09:44 PM

2,485 posts, read 2,218,833 times
Quote:
Why is this shocking?
Not shocking. Just an observation. Oklahoma City can't be that bad.

As a gay man, my relationship outlook is different from yours.

I'm curious. What are the primary reasons for getting married and having a family, regarding advantages over being single?

Old 08-31-2014, 09:44 PM
eok

6,684 posts, read 4,251,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by believe007 View Post
Really turns me off.
I think I'm getting immune to men even approaching me at this point.
Sex seems to be the #1 thing on their minds & it's getting to the point
where I don't even need to hold a 5 minute long conversation w/ any of them anymore.
I have given so many people so many chances......inevitably- thats where their minds are.
I guess I'm more refined & selective than to be able to just hop in the sack w/ guys on a whim.
It's pretty sobering to think that I may just be single for the rest of my life though,
because if this is all that's out there-
I can't go for that.
Are there actually men out there who have any depth.....?
You're better off with shallow guys because they're easier to figure out. Guys with depth have all kinds of strange stuff in those depths, and some of it, you may never understand. It's like diving off the Galapagos vs playing on a Florida beach.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships