Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-09-2008, 04:25 AM

18,431 posts, read 34,378,991 times

Advertisements

Ok, the coffee was great! A is going on a field trip today to watch some Chinese acrobats or something like that.. let me see...

Students will be able to explore Ancient culture through the artistry and extraordinary performances of The Peking Acrobats.. then they are going to a restaunt called PF Changs... I have never even been there! Geez!

Last Friday they went and watched dance that promotes African American culture.

I have no idea what he will think of todays performance, but last week he came home saying he thought it was gay looking.

He is in a 'gifted' program and they go to theatre, things like that... The boys were just... thinking it was gay.. lol.. ok, disclaimer...

I find nothing wrong with gay.. if you are gay.. good for you! YAY! People are people.. etc so on and so forth. Ya'll know what I am saying...

I think they will enjoy todays field trip much more..

L is going to Historic Jamestown on Monday. I really wanted to go with her, and I was going to put in for the day off, but I was out with being in the hospital, and all of that.. some of these migraines, dibilitating... I have missed so much work. I told her the three of us would go on our own one day.

It's really fun to go out and go on the ships, see all the different historic things they have to offer, the old church, and houses.. We used to go as a family, I don't see why we can't still do that, the three of us..

Ok, I have been talking talking talking...

L has done wonderfully the past two days.

I am blessed by the Lord for the children and life He has bestowed upon me. I am truly blessed, no matter what the circumstances, because no matter what... we overcome.

Sometimes it feels like those hurdles come back for me, where at a time they had become 'the mere bumps in the road,' But you know what? I would take those hurdles any day, over the mountains I climbed to get to what we have now.....

This is nothing but the honest to God truth.

Happy Mothers Day to everyone... I will be gone all day tomorrow, but probably back on here a little tonight.... doing stuff Sunday as well.

I won't really be celebrating Mothers Day, per se.. but isn't every day Mothers Day?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2008, 10:31 AM
sun

683 posts, read 2,125,923 times
Quote:
but I also do expect him to be a father....So, I know we separated, but that does not mean he should not be a father.
You're only setting yourself up for further heartbreak and grief.
He's not going to become more of a father, he's going to become less of a father. His job, personal life, mother and living arrangements come first, and you and the kids are only costing him more money. So he will only cause you more grief. My advice is to just make believe that he's already dead and buried and then you won't be nearly as disappointed.

Happy Mother's Day everyone!

Quote:
When God Created Mothers...

When the good Lord was creating mothers He was into His sixth day of "overtime" when the angel appeared and said: "You're doing a lot of fiddling around on this one." And the Lord said: "Have you read the specs on this order?..."

"She has to be completely washable but not plastic; Have 180 moving parts... all replaceable; Run on black coffee and leftovers; Have a lap that disappears when she stands up; A kiss that can cure anything from a broken leg to a disappointed love affair. And six pairs of hands."

The angel shook her head slowly and said: "Six pairs of hands - no way." "It's not the hands that are causing me problems, said the Lord, it's the three pairs of eyes that mothers have to have." That's the standard model? Asked the angel.

The Lord nodded, "One pair that sees through closed doors so that when she asks, 'What are you kids doing in there?' she already knows. Another in the back of her head that sees what she shouldn't but what she has to know. Then, of course, the ones here in front that can look at a child when he messes up and says, 'I understand and I love you' without so much as uttering a word."

"Lord," said the angel, touching His sleeve gently, "come to bed."
"I can't said the Lord, I'm so close to creating something so close to Myself. Already I have one who heals herself when she is sick, can feed a family of six on one pound of hamburger, and can get a 9-year old to stand under a shower."

The angel circled the model of a mother very closely. "It's too soft," she said. "But tough," said the Lord excitedly. "You cannot imagine what this mother can do or endure."

"Can it think?" asked the angel. "Not only can it think, but it can reason and compromise," said the Creator.

Finally, the angel bent over and ran her finger across the cheek. "There's a leak," she said. "I told you you were trying to put too much into this model."
"That's not a leak," said the Lord. "It's a tear."

"What's it for?" asked the angel. The Lord replied, "It's for joy, sadness, disappointment, pain, loneliness, and pride."

"You're a genius," said the Angel. The Lord looked somber, "I didn't put it there..."

--by Erma Bombeck

Old 05-09-2008, 03:55 PM

I cannot make believe such a thing.. it is not in me.

Old 05-10-2008, 11:43 PM
sun

683 posts, read 2,125,923 times
It's only intended as a figure of a speech cinderobyn and not to be taken literally. It means to just forget about him as much as possible because everything he says and does will only disappoint you.

Old 05-11-2008, 06:24 AM

3,413 posts, read 8,841,173 times
I have to agree with Sun, Robyn. If you have no expectations of him, you won't continue to be disappointed and upset by his actions.

You need to find a way to treat him as you would a business contact or patient. With courtesy but without passion or emotion. Don't let his barbs hurt you or upset you (at least not in a way that he can see) and work to compartmentalize him as a necessary evil in your life.

As long as he can get up upset by pushing buttons he's going to continue to do so. It's the only power he yields over you right now and he's going to exploit it to the maximum. You need to lower the hammer with a loud bang that gets his attention but without giving him the satisfaction of knowing he has upset your or made you angry. This is where the courts come in.

Keep everything matter of fact- not emotional. You mentioned that you were going to the courthouse the other day- how did that go? He needs to defend and explain himself about the medical insurance situation. Don't engage him outside of court. Ignore his calls unless the kids can answer the phone. If he leaves you a message with a question, you can text message him back.

I do recommend reiterating the stipulations of visitation per the court order. And perhaps do that in a certified letter to him. This IS the pickup time and location. This IS the dropoff time and location. Since it is court ordered you do not intend to veer from these plans regardless of his wants or needs. Make it very clear that this is not up for discussion or debate unless it's in front of a mediator or judge.

And also, itemize the visitiation schedule over the last two or three months and address the many times he has changed things. And tell him that he is not following the orders of the court and that this needs to stop immediately.

By the way, Happy Mother's Day.

Old 05-11-2008, 06:53 AM

9,367 posts, read 25,222,796 times
Happy Mother's Day, Robyn!

Old 05-11-2008, 08:35 AM

Happy Mothers Day everyone! Out the door again! Whew!

I think later on today, I am jsut gonna go to the mall and chill...

You men, happy day to you too!!!

Old 05-11-2008, 12:20 PM

3,927 posts, read 8,671,401 times
Happy Mother's Day to every mom on here. Hope God blesses you greatly today.

aiangel

Old 05-11-2008, 06:25 PM

12,169 posts, read 17,654,962 times
Hope all the mommys had a Happy and labor free Mother's Day.

Old 05-13-2008, 04:07 AM

A few days later.....

Good morning everyone... the coffee is good. My day yesterday very busy, draining...

I had a very good weekend. I was only with the kids for a very small amount of time on Mothers day... But like I said before, every day is Mothers Day.

On Saturday morning I went and ran my errands, went to the bank, went and got some groceries, a few other things... I called my sister to let her know of my plans for the weekend.

We got to talking and it was a really good conversation. You know, there was a time when we would hardly speak. Our hearts were hardened against one another. When my Mom passed and money came into play, my sister was the executor.

I always said.. it will never happen in our family, but it did.. I was the lone sibling. The five of us. I took care of both my mother and father til the day they died. They have a life they said, they have families...

Thats funny, so did I, mine much younger than all of theirs. But that was ok. I was meant to care for my parents, and I would not have had it any other way.

I knew that I had hatrid for my sister, and it was eating me alive. I don't remember if I have talked about this before here, I am sure I did over in religion.. I think,....

It felt like I was dying inside. It really did. I had lost my mother, and my father had been gone, now my sister, I was losing her and she was still alive. Healthy.

Church was over and the preacher was done speaking with everyone as they walked out the door. I sat there in the front pew, the middle one of the church. I sat there with tears coming from my eyes.

The preacher came to me, and asked what was the matter... I told him exactly what I have told you this morning.. hatrid in my heart... my sister... killing me inside.

Got your Bible? He says to me. It was in my hands. Open to... I can't remember where he told me to open to. But there was the answer, before me the whole time, and I didn't know it.

He took my Bible from my hands, as I sat there just crying, shaking.

He read the words to me. There it was... the whole time.

The hatrid drained from me as if it were never there,, and it has never been back.. not for her.

Now, we are closer than we have ever been in life.. I talk to her all the time, and share everything with her, and she does the same. I know we have at least a 15 year age different, maybe more..

I started to feel this hatrid again, but I knew what would happen if I I had it. It would consume me.

It was really easy to feel this feeling, with the things I have been through, the things I continue to go through.

So now, I know. No hatrid in my heart allowed. Not towards anyone. Anger. I can hold anger, for just a little while, and then set it free... turn it into strength, and that is what I do....

It is what I try to do. Sometimes things are done that cause this angry feeling to come bam bam bam one right after the other... and he, the demon below tries to turn it into hatrid... I smile when I type the words, because now, I am stronger than that...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships