Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-20-2014, 09:05 PM

52,387 posts, read 52,867,207 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD4020 View Post
That was always my biggest hangup. I'm all for learning. Now how does it work and what's the application.
Well... 25 yrs later.. I still remember him cause he was the only math teacher that ever gave a real world use of math other than making change at a register............. at least that I can remember.......

I know that there are lots of calculus reasons for math.. I'm just saying in a generic sense....

Old 11-20-2014, 09:09 PM

27,955 posts, read 39,864,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Well... 25 yrs later.. I still remember him cause he was the only math teacher that ever gave a real world use of math other than making change at a register............. at least that I can remember.......

I know that there are lots of calculus reasons for math.. I'm just saying in a generic sense....
That made the class worthwhile. Math is not my strong suit. The funny thing, I use math every day. I use some basic algebra in making calculations.

Old 11-20-2014, 09:12 PM

Quote:
That made the class worthwhile. Math is not my strong suit. The funny thing, I use math every day. I use some basic algebra in making calculations.
Remember what I said a few pages back about we need all types....

How many people are willing to run to a bldg that is falling down.....

**** math........ men save people.... that is what I'm talking about...

We need all types........

Old 11-20-2014, 09:15 PM

Quote:

I run into burning buildings for free. Now that's nucking futs.

Even when I am running water there is still a need to calculate wher flows pressure loss and things like that. That's half the fun of being the drive/engineer. I'm a captain which means I am the officer that is going in.

Old 11-20-2014, 09:18 PM

Quote:
I run into burning buildings for free. Now that's nucking futs.

Even when I am running water there is still a need to calculate wher flows pressure loss and things like that. That's half the fun of being the drive/engineer. I'm a captain which means I am the officer that is going in.

Old 11-20-2014, 09:21 PM

6,143 posts, read 7,570,315 times
Quote:

Yeah, even the bean counters!

Old 11-20-2014, 09:24 PM

11,879 posts, read 14,244,065 times
Good night. The weather was nice today (64 F and sunny ), but my health is a mess .

Old 11-20-2014, 09:25 PM

When I get the calculator out, the fine is going to be expensive.

Old 11-20-2014, 09:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBeagleLady View Post
Yeah, even the bean counters!
LOl.. for sure... LOl...

I took a "corporate sponsored" class that talked about personality types and it was loosely based on the MB test that a lot of people here reference...

It broke people down to 4 basic types and most people had some variation of a couple or more of the types..........

It broke the analogy down to a simple thing that encompassed the 4 basic types... it an analogy of this.

When tackling a problem you had the aggressive **** it types (1) that rushed the problem.. in this case a hill... you had the thinker types that analyzed the technical details(2), you had the pragmatic people that analyzed the situation and made schedules and put forth and orderly approach(3) and the types that worried about the health and or the safety of the those involved with the task.(4)

This is a major washing down of the details, but the idea is intact and what I told SD a couple of times... each needs to be in place.

Another analogy is this.

We need sales to bring in the work(1) we need people analyze the work (2) we others to see the safety of the work(3) and we need others to schedule and or delineate the efficiency of the work(4)

Of course there are many steps in between.... but that is a rough breakdown of how all types are needed....

No one type is better than the next... cause all types are part of a chain... one link breaks and the shootin match goes shythouse....

Old 11-20-2014, 09:41 PM

6,143 posts, read 7,570,315 times
Quote:
LOl.. for sure... LOl...

I took a "corporate sponsored" class that talked about personality types and it was loosely based on the MB test that a lot of people here reference...

It broke people down to 4 basic types and most people had some variation of a couple or more of the types..........

It broke the analogy down to a simple thing that encompassed the 4 basic types... it an analogy of this.

When tackling a problem you had the aggressive **** it types (1) that rushed the problem.. in this case a hill... you had the thinker types that analyzed the technical details(2), you had the pragmatic people that analyzed the situation and made schedules and put forth and orderly approach(3) and the types that worried about the health and or the safety of the those involved with the task.(4)

This is a major washing down of the details, but the idea is intact and what I told SD a couple of times... each needs to be in place.

Another analogy is this.

We need sales to bring in the work(1) we need people analyze the work (2) we others to see the safety of the work(3) and we need others to schedule and or delineate the efficiency of the work(4)

Of course there are many steps in between.... but that is a rough breakdown of how all types are needed....

No one type is better than the next... cause all types are part of a chain... one link breaks and the shootin match goes shythouse....
Interesting. I'd probably be #3. I do love my spreadsheets.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.