Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-22-2014, 02:09 AM

11,222 posts, read 16,428,441 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnatomicflux View Post
Is was a beautiful description. It made my imagination run wild.

I found this water colour, done in 1821.....120 years after Cadillac founded Detroit. This painting is of the Canadian shore looking west....

Somewhere around here: https://www.google.ca/maps/@42.30960...OZlSpplP9w!2e0

On the other side of the park on the left, you'll find the parish in the painting.

I also just noticed two white houses in the distance. One to the left of the road, and one way in the distace near the water. I would bet the one near the water is the Duff-Baby Masion, seen here:

Quote:
Originally Posted by artemis agrotera View Post
Lol..

It was convertible and wasn't fixed to be on the "right" side, so I was freaking out a little

( you sometime see some that have been swapped, - I'm sure there is a technical term)

Haha.
The 50's / 60's or 70's for sure
I'm reading vivienne westwoods autobiography, and her account of the 70's is fascinating -

A guy I knew had an imported Nissan Skyline that was right hand drive. It was a really strange experience. lol

Old 11-22-2014, 02:36 AM

19,429 posts, read 15,244,219 times
Quote:

I found this water colour, done in 1821.....120 years after Cadillac founded Detroit. This painting is of the Canadian shore looking west....

On the other side of the park on the left, you'll find the parish in the painting.
Oh, my gosh, Mags. See, I much prefer the the first view.

Quote:
Lol..

It was convertible and wasn't fixed to be on the "right" side, so I was freaking out a little

( you sometime see some that have been swapped, - I'm sure there is a technical term)

Haha.
The 50's / 60's or 70's for sure
I'm reading vivienne westwoods autobiography, and her account of the 70's is fascinating -
Okay, I'll have to check that out, too...

Quote:
I also just noticed two white houses in the distance. One to the left of the road, and one way in the distace near the water. I would bet the one near the water is the Duff-Baby Masion, seen here:

A guy I knew had an imported Nissan Skyline that was right hand drive. It was a really strange experience. lol
I swear to god, I'm sure you're excellent at your present job, but you really should be in some sort of historic, archivist, library job. You obviously love history, etc., and I'm sure nothing would make you happier than rooting around for stuff like this, like you do on your own anyway...

Old 11-22-2014, 03:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaOfGrass View Post
Oh, my gosh, Mags. See, I much prefer the the first view.

Same here. Here are two more from the Windsor shore, about the same period +/- 50 years:

This is 1820, featuring the first steam powered vessel on the Great Lakes "Walk in the Water"

Quote:
I swear to god, I'm sure you're excellent at your present job, but you really should be in some sort of historic, archivist, library job. You obviously love history, etc., and I'm sure nothing would make you happier than rooting around for stuff like this, like you do on your own anyway...
It would be fun, but I'm not sure how much money is in that, unfortunately.

Old 11-22-2014, 04:10 AM

14,767 posts, read 17,114,170 times
Quote:

That is very cool.

Quote:

And didn't it just make sense ?!

Old 11-22-2014, 04:47 AM

Quote:
Same here. Here are two more from the Windsor shore, about the same period +/- 50 years:

This is 1820, featuring the first steam powered vessel on the Great Lakes "Walk in the Water"

It would be fun, but I'm not sure how much money is in that, unfortunately.
Yeah, I guess... That old chestnut...

Quote:
That is very cool.

And didn't it just make sense ?!
Lol...

Old 11-22-2014, 04:49 AM

^^ Nope. lol

You tell me what makes sense about having ALL of the controls in the exact same orientation, but the wheel on the wrong side? lol Since when does a manual shift towards the body, instead of away?????

WRONG

Old 11-22-2014, 04:52 AM

35,094 posts, read 51,243,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaOfGrass View Post
Was it something we said?

Nope, Mr. CSD is home and I wanted to snuggle in with him.
Besides I have gone into town 4 times this past week which is unusual for me and I was on the tired side.

Old 11-22-2014, 04:55 AM

Morning

Old 11-22-2014, 04:56 AM

35,094 posts, read 51,243,097 times
Morning, I hope you shift has gone well and there is good news already this morning.
Mr. CSD has reassured me that our Grandson's Quilt works just fine and does what it is supposed to do.

Edited to add: We have also sold the Kenworth as long as the guy can get it on with a company.
If not he is going to work for us until April or May then purchase the truck and stay on with the company we are leased to now.

Old 11-22-2014, 05:06 AM

Quote:
^^ Nope. lol

You tell me what makes sense about having ALL of the controls in the exact same orientation, but the wheel on the wrong side? lol Since when does a manual shift towards the body, instead of away?????

WRONG
Well, you know, up/down under (), left/right...

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
Nope, Mr. CSD is home and I wanted to snuggle in with him.
Besides I have gone into town 4 times this past week which is unusual for me and I was on the tired side.
Well........... okay...................... I guess...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.