Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-12-2014, 06:00 AM

15,714 posts, read 21,076,177 times

Advertisements

Bleh! We are home sick today.

2nd child had a fever/cold the other day. Youngest was sent home from school yesterday with it (so he has to stay home today which means I have to stay home) and daughter woke up with a fever this morning.

I was going to put up the tree today, figured I'd make use of my free time. Two kids with 103 fevers though...I'm not sure they will be up to it!

At least they are all getting it out of the way before the holiday break.

Is this cold/fever going around in your area too?? A lot of folks I know have had it in this neck of the woods.

Old 12-12-2014, 07:32 AM

19,429 posts, read 15,252,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artemis agrotera View Post
Aww.. that must mean good luck, or something!

haha! that one made me laugh
I like the bad Christmas cracker jokes.

Q: What kind of paper likes music?
Omg, lol...

The Laugh Factory sends us Jokes of the Week. Here is yesterday's:

Q. Why did the blonde put water on her computer?

A. To wash the Windows.

Sorry to all you blondies out there. At least you have more fun, right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
Maybe to feed the memory (talk about it) or it will just stay frozen in time?
I prefer the ones where they tell me all kinds of good stuff (lies) is going to happen to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
I honestly think that the trash should walk itself out to the can and put itself out by the road so it can be picked up tomorrow.

I do have a cat and mouse story for you though, kind of gross but funny at the same time.

About 2:00 AM I couldn't sleep so I got up and fixed coffee and Suze wanted to go downstairs so I let her.
About 10 minutes later she was rattling the basement door to come back up and I have learned to do a "mouth check" to see if she has a mouse in her mouth.
Well she did and I told her good girl but your little friend cannot come upstairs. A couple minutes later she is rattling the door again and she still had the mouse so I told her good girl but your little friend cannot come upstairs.
So she drops the mouse on the stop but immediately catches it again and runs down the stairs.
About 5 minutes later she rattles the door again so I open it and she has the mouse in her mouth but it is no longer living and she literally spit it out of her mouth at me. It literally was her going "pppfffttt" with the mouse, it landed on the little ledge of the door and she jumped over it and came upstairs.
I was completely grossed out but laughing so hard at her spitting that mouse at me.
So I got out their wet food and fed them both and closed the bathroom door (they eat on the bathroom counter so Walt won't eat their food and throw up all over the house).
Then I took my mouse can which is otherwise known as an empty tin coffee can and set it on the step then took the lid of the can and scooted the now dead mouse into the can and Walter went outside with me to put the mouse outside.
Lmao!!

Walter was supervising...

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Sixy* View Post
Bleh! We are home sick today.

2nd child had a fever/cold the other day. Youngest was sent home from school yesterday with it (so he has to stay home today which means I have to stay home) and daughter woke up with a fever this morning.

I was going to put up the tree today, figured I'd make use of my free time. Two kids with 103 fevers though...I'm not sure they will be up to it!

At least they are all getting it out of the way before the holiday break.

Is this cold/fever going around in your area too?? A lot of folks I know have had it in this neck of the woods.
I'm sorry about your kids, Sixy. No fun putting the tree up that way.

It seemed to go around early here this year. Chow and I were sick a while back, but it was very, very mild. Hope we don't get it again. Though it's a near certainty that someone will show up sick at Christmas to spread their cheer around, lol.

The National Weather Service woke me up at 3:30 this morning with flash flood warnings on my cell phone. We were pounded with rain last night. Raining now and throughout the day, I guess. But at least we got snow in the mountains which will help with the drought.

Anyway, couldn't get back to sleep... I wanted to get up early today, but not that early.

Old 12-12-2014, 07:42 AM

27,957 posts, read 39,791,304 times
Washing her windows?

Bahahahaha.

Old 12-12-2014, 07:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD4020 View Post
Washing her windows?

Bahahahaha.
Thank god Beagle has a sense of humor.

Old 12-12-2014, 07:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaOfGrass View Post
Omg, lol...

The Laugh Factory sends us Jokes of the Week. Here is yesterday's:

Q. Why did the blonde put water on her computer?

A. To wash the Windows.

Sorry to all you blondies out there. At least you have more fun, right?
Hahaha! That is cute.

My daughter is a strawberry blonde. I told her that joke and she said "I'm not offended, I think I'll just identify as a redhead"...lol

Quote:
I'm sorry about your kids, Sixy. No fun putting the tree up that way.

It seemed to go around early here this year. Chow and I were sick a while back, but it was very, very mild. Hope we don't get it again. Though it's a near certainty that someone will show up sick at Christmas to spread their cheer around, lol.

The National Weather Service woke me up at 3:30 this morning with flash flood warnings on my cell phone. We were pounded with rain last night. Raining now and throughout the day, I guess. But at least we got snow in the mountains which will help with the drought.

Anyway, couldn't get back to sleep... I wanted to get up early today, but not that early.
Yeah, the good news is hopefully we will all be healthy for winter break. I'm just hoping that I'm immune to this! I have a lot of fun things planned for next week in school and I don't want to miss out!

Blech to the rain and the 3 am wake up call! I'm that way too. Once I'm awake, that's it for the day. I never fall back to sleep. I guess it's good to know about weather emergencies, but it would be nice if you could specify which ones...lol

Old 12-12-2014, 08:04 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,712,192 times
The news said South Dakota is in the 70s today. Holy cow. I am cleaning the house today and am picking a playlist. It's wet and gloomy outside, so if it's quiet in here I will just want to nap. I thought about posting but all the threads look miserable. Scrubbing the sink sounds better.

I have to decorate for Christmas this weekend too, Sixy. Can I have the fever instead?

Happy Friday, people.

Old 12-12-2014, 08:06 AM

Quote:
Hahaha! That is cute.

My daughter is a strawberry blonde. I told her that joke and she said "I'm not offended, I think I'll just identify as a redhead"...lol
LOL!!! That was awesome. Very bright.

Quote:
Yeah, the good news is hopefully we will all be healthy for winter break. I'm just hoping that I'm immune to this! I have a lot of fun things planned for next week in school and I don't want to miss out!
Your enthusiasm is nice to hear. You must be a good teacher.

Quote:
Blech to the rain and the 3 am wake up call! I'm that way too. Once I'm awake, that's it for the day. I never fall back to sleep. I guess it's good to know about weather emergencies, but it would be nice if you could specify which ones...lol
Lol.

Chow's working out in that desert-area job today, and that's always good for flash floods. I got online and checked his area before he left, but it looks like it'll be okay there. But it took him 2 1/2 hours to get home last night. And that was without rain. TGIF for him.

Old 12-12-2014, 08:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
The news said South Dakota is in the 70s today. Holy cow. I am cleaning the house today and am picking a playlist. It's wet and gloomy outside, so if it's quiet in here I will just want to nap. I thought about posting but all the threads look miserable. Scrubbing the sink sounds better.

I have to decorate for Christmas this weekend too, Sixy. Can I have the fever instead?

Happy Friday, people.
I was planning on spending the whole day cleaning, too. It's been neglected. Having music on is definitely good while cleaning.

Sometimes I decorate and sometimes I don't. I always at least like to put a string of lights on our balcony so we look Christmas-y from the outside, lol. I'm sure I'll just keep it simple and put some easy stuff out.

Happy cleaning, Julia.

Old 12-12-2014, 08:33 AM

Quote:
I was planning on spending the whole day cleaning, too. It's been neglected. Having music on is definitely good while cleaning.

Sometimes I decorate and sometimes I don't. I always at least like to put a string of lights on our balcony so we look Christmas-y from the outside, lol. I'm sure I'll just keep it simple and put some easy stuff out.

Happy cleaning, Julia.
We usually decorate, although my husband is more into the holidays than I am.

Every year he asks if we are doing Christmas cards and every year I tell him "no"....and then every year he goes ahead and orders some photo cards, so that has become his thing.

Normally we get a real tree, but we are headed to FL the day after Christmas and I'm not willing to take the tree down on Christmas day, so we'll put our fake one up this year. I guess I should get going on that...the little people are still sleeping and I have no high hopes of them even getting out of their PJ's today.

Old 12-12-2014, 09:17 AM

35,094 posts, read 51,259,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post

Happy Friday, people.
I agree and it is a sad day when scrubbing the sink is the best option of the moment.

I was going to clean something but fixed a fried egg sandwich on toast instead.

Edited to add: Sixy, I hope your wee ones recover quickly and feel much better soon.

Last edited by CSD610; 12-12-2014 at 09:26 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships