Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-09-2014, 05:28 PM

19,429 posts, read 15,255,619 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD4020 View Post
The series goes beyond the Foo fighters. It has a really good history of music and various locations and their impact on music.
Did anyone ever watch Sound City? I mentioned it quite a while back. (I think you might have mentioned watching it, artemis?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
I know, it is very out of the ordinary for me to sleep more than 2 - 3 hours at a time let alone 7 straight hours.
The good news is that I actually feel pretty good right now so I am hoping I can get quite a bit done today around the house.
Our small bedroom, dining room and living room looks like more than one fabric Fairy exploded...LOL

My first cup of coffee is done and I'm on my way to get the second one brewed, this is a big cup though so it is taking me a bit longer to drink it all.

Quote:
Beautiful day. I am dragging ass big time. Need to get it in gear.
I could have written this post, lol.

Quote:
Music is one of the better parts of a road trip.
Definitely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by artemis agrotera View Post
Me too, well everything except country.

I just checked, and its available on itunes... if that helps?
They didn't reeeeeally listen to a lot of country, although I heard a lot of it from my best friend/next door neighbor's parents, but they listened to like Johnny Cash, Chet Atkins, Roger Miller (lol).

Old 12-09-2014, 05:30 PM

Quote:
Me too, well everything except country.

I just checked, and its available on itunes... if that helps?
No, but thanks for checking!

Quote:
Not sure if it's on Amazon Prime or Hulu.
We can try those.

Thanks, both of you!

Old 12-09-2014, 05:36 PM

27,957 posts, read 39,795,818 times
Sound city, on my list. I've been Looking at parts to put a studio together.

Old 12-09-2014, 05:46 PM

Quote:
Sound city, on my list. I've been Looking at parts to put a studio together.
Really? Oh, I think you'll really like it, then. Lots of history, interviews, about different groups recording there over the years, etc.

I saw what you posted about Rancho Del Luna. How long have you been wanting to do that?

Old 12-09-2014, 05:46 PM

14,767 posts, read 17,120,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaOfGrass View Post
Did anyone ever watch Sound City? I mentioned it quite a while back. (I think you might have mentioned watching it, artemis?)
I have watched it, loved it

Quote:

I could have written this post, lol.

Definitely.

They didn't reeeeeally listen to a lot of country, although I heard a lot of it from my best friend/next door neighbor's parents, but they listened to like Johnny Cash, Chet Atkins, Roger Miller (lol).
Johnny Cash
Our house was rock/blues rock, mum was Elvis or Suzie Quattro. I thought Suzie Q was the coolest, lol

I'm going to download Sonic Highways... we don't have Netflix/Hulu

Last edited by artemis agrotera; 12-09-2014 at 06:01 PM..

Old 12-09-2014, 05:58 PM

Quote:
Really? Oh, I think you'll really like it, then. Lots of history, interviews, about different groups recording there over the years, etc.

I saw what you posted about Rancho Del Luna. How long have you been wanting to do that?
A couple of years, now. I've been running a sound board for churches and events for about 20 years now. A friend of mine has a studio and a band. Last spring I bought his old board. Then I might an iMac. I have some editing software I want to play with and learn.

Old 12-09-2014, 06:06 PM

52,287 posts, read 52,723,379 times
Quote:
A couple of years, now. I've been running a sound board for churches and events for about 20 years now. A friend of mine has a studio and a band. Last spring I bought his old board. Then I might an iMac. I have some editing software I want to play with and learn.
You might want to look into Pro Tools.... I think it might be high but I know that it's becoming more and more popular.

Old 12-09-2014, 06:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
You might want to look into Pro Tools.... I think it might be high but I know that it's becoming more and more popular.
I've looked at it. It is popular. I have Audicity now playing with and trying to learn.

Old 12-09-2014, 06:26 PM

Quote:
I have watched it, loved it

Johnny Cash
Our house was rock/blues rock, mum was Elvis or Suzie Quattro. I thought Suzie Q was the coolest, lol

I'm going to download Sonic Highways... we don't have Netflix/Hulu
Lol!

What was great about my mom was that my older brothers would play for her the (rock) music they were listening to, and a lot of the time she would like it and start listening to it herself, lol. She did the same with me and my youngest brother later on.

Quote:
Oh, yeah? I don't think I've ever heard you mention it. Keep us updated!

Old 12-09-2014, 06:29 PM

Quote:
Lol!

What was great about my mom was that my older brothers would play for her the (rock) music they were listening to, and a lot of the time she would like it and start listening to it herself, lol. She did the same with me and my youngest brother later on.

Oh, yeah? I don't think I've ever heard you mention it. Keep us updated!
It's going to be a process. With home recording be so popular I need to figure out how to stand out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships