Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-08-2014, 12:56 PM

35,094 posts, read 51,259,761 times

Advertisements

Not a fan of espresso or cappuccino so no I do not make it for myself.

I just got off the phone with Mr. CSD and I asked him what he thought his life would be like if he "told" me I could not drink coffee.

His response was very simple and one word: "Over"

Old 12-08-2014, 12:58 PM

837 posts, read 961,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
Glen, I just checked out that thread and I truly believe caffeine is the least of her issues.
HA! I know, right? It seemed commenters were making the same observations of the situation probably being a better topic for this Relationship board and not Food/Drink.

In my neck of the woods, it's also a dangerous game for a man to get in between a woman and her coffee. Especially a woman scorned, as is the case for me today. I've been so busy this morning I was only able to have one cup. Gonna go press another and pick myself up, do some laundry, and then work out.

Pretty sure I can delay switching to brown liquor until it's 5 o'clock (somewhere).

Quote:
His response was very simple and one word: "Over"
Smart man.

Old 12-08-2014, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
Do you make cappuccino?
I bought a cheap espresso/cappuccino maker and its hard!
or I'm just stupid. Not sure which.
I imagine it'll get easier with practice. Those machines do have a lot features going on, especially if yours came with a milk frother.

I've heard people raving about AeroPress for their espresso. Really simple method that just uses handheld pressure to pull the drink. The only thing keeping me from buying one is that it's made from plastic and some reviewers are reporting melting over time.

http://www.amazon.com/Aeropress-Coff.../dp/B0047BIWSK

Old 12-08-2014, 01:06 PM

27,957 posts, read 39,791,304 times
I went without coffee this morning for some labs. It was a long morning.

Old 12-08-2014, 01:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD4020 View Post
I went without coffee this morning for some labs. It was a long morning.
Mr. CSD practically begs my Liver Doctor for tranquilizers for me (I think he secretly wishes they were for him) when I have to have all the blood work done.
No food, liquid or smoking until after the blood is drawn and they usually want to schedule my appointment at 2:00 PM.

Mr. CSD will have none of that we get there well before the office even opens and are the first ones in and he can usually talk the staff into letting me get the blood work done first thing.
Then we go and have breakfast, coffee and cigarettes and wander around until it is time to see my Doctor.

Old 12-08-2014, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenmorangie View Post
I imagine it'll get easier with practice. Those machines do have a lot features going on, especially if yours came with a milk frother.

I've heard people raving about AeroPress for their espresso. Really simple method that just uses handheld pressure to pull the drink. The only thing keeping me from buying one is that it's made from plastic and some reviewers are reporting melting over time.

http://www.amazon.com/Aeropress-Coff.../dp/B0047BIWSK
glen, I have one of those, it went into the garage sale for $5.00 and no one wanted it.
I'll send it to you, free shipping if you would really like to try it then if you don't like it you can donate it or give it to someone who might want to try it.
I'm not kidding either, if I mail it today or tomorrow you could have it by the end of the week.

Old 12-08-2014, 01:27 PM

27,957 posts, read 39,791,304 times
It is a pain in the ass. All this for a lower deductible.

Old 12-08-2014, 01:31 PM

Now I'm sitting here wondering if I actually know where that coffee press is physically located.
If it isn't where I think it is I may not find it until spring...LOL

Old 12-08-2014, 01:33 PM

Quote:
glen, I have one of those, it went into the garage sale for $5.00 and no one wanted it.
I'll send it to you, free shipping if you would really like to try it then if you don't like it you can donate it or give it to someone who might want to try it.
I'm not kidding either, if I mail it today or tomorrow you could have it by the end of the week.
Did you have it out on a table or was it labelled in the original packaging? It looks a bit like a spaceship model or some odd sex toy if you're not familiar with coffee brewing, I think.

Were you not happy with it for a certain reason? I'm pretty content with the glass French press because I like not worrying about plastics leeching into my hot water. I'll give it some thought and if I take you up on the offer, I'll send you guys a bag of good beans from the local roasters here in Annapolis. We'll make it a proper coffee swap.

Old 12-08-2014, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenmorangie View Post
Did you have it out on a table or was it labelled in the original packaging? It looks a bit like a spaceship model or some odd sex toy if you're not familiar with coffee brewing, I think.

Were you not happy with it for a certain reason? I'm pretty content with the glass French press because I like not worrying about plastics leeching into my hot water. I'll give it some thought and if I take you up on the offer, I'll send you guys a bag of good beans from the local roasters here in Annapolis. We'll make it a proper coffee swap.
That sounds like a deal and I would love the beans.
A friend of mine traveled throughout Europe for 6 months several years ago and sent me coffee and tea from every country he went to. It was wonderful and I still have a wee bit of the Russian Loose Leaf tea he sent. The coffee is long gone....LOL

If I remember correctly which is questionable that coffee press is for cold press coffee that you press then leave in the fridge for a day or so before you warm it.
The packaging is long gone which is unusal for me, I have basement shelves full of original boxes.
Anyway, let me know and I also have gently used printers and laptops for sale, seatbelt handbags at a very reasonable price and other various items.....LOL

I really need to seriously consider the gofundme thing, if nothing else it would be interesting to see what sort of response we get and I would take any donations we did get and send it all to St. Jude's Children's Research Hospital.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships