Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-29-2014, 03:40 AM

3,636 posts, read 3,430,568 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by snugglegirl05 View Post
And who are you to judge?
Who am I not to? This is - again - a discussion forum - and it provides us a forum to judge the merits and demerits of everyones points and positions - including our own.

Again - if this format bothers you - I can recommend the blog format for you - or a soap box. Your posts on this forum are hardly free of judgements either. We are human - we judge.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeurch View Post
Thank you for saying that I have had enough and I left. But he gives a lecture about meditation on some another post. .
You asked about meditation on another thread and I answered your questions. Hardly a "lecture".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djuna View Post
The OP made this one post and never came back again.
Quite common around here alas - but I can not complain too much. Sometimes people simply want the input but do not want to get drawn into discussions on that input. I post on a few personal issues forums including this one - and it is quite common to see people do one post and never return.

I reply to them anyway on the off chance they are reading along all the same. And if not - then perhaps someone else with similar issues will see the posts too later down the line.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2014, 03:58 AM

2,970 posts, read 2,773,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monumentus View Post
Who am I not to? This is - again - a discussion forum - and it provides us a forum to judge the merits and demerits of everyones points and positions - including our own.

Again - if this format bothers you - I can recommend the blog format for you - or a soap box. Your posts on this forum are hardly free of judgements either. We are human - we judge.

You asked about meditation on another thread and I answered your questions. Hardly a "lecture".

Quite common around here alas - but I can not complain too much. Sometimes people simply want the input but do not want to get drawn into discussions on that input. I post on a few personal issues forums including this one - and it is quite common to see people do one post and never return.

I reply to them anyway on the off chance they are reading along all the same. And if not - then perhaps someone else with similar issues will see the posts too later down the line.
Ok...

Why do you feel the need to call someone out on their behavior on a public board *ie Zeurch*?

Calling a poster out isn't going to change anything, other than possibly creating drama.

So exactly what does that accomplish? And why create drama just to have a discussion?

Old 09-29-2014, 04:02 AM

Quote:
Why do you feel the need to call someone out on their behavior on a public board *ie Zeurch*?
I did no such thing. The user accused the OPs partner of being "Selfish". In my first reply (Post#36) I merely asked the user why they feel like this.

In my second reply I showed that the OPs partner is not being selfish. In fact it is Zeurchs view on the matter than is selfish.

The user accused the OPs partner of not caring how his wife feels. That is simply false and the user is simply making this up. Not conceeding to demands is not the same as not caring how someone feels. But care of feelings goes TWO ways.

Quote:
Calling a poster out isn't going to change anything, other than possibly creating drama.
This posturing of "calling a poster out" is just hyperbole from you. I did no such thing. This is - as I keep reminding you - a discussion forum. The user put forward a point/claim and I am merely discussing it. Which is what the forum is for. If this bothers you then I repeat again - perhaps the forum format is not for you.

And what is your problem exactly given there is no more judgement from me on my posts in this thread than in many of your own posts on this forum? Is it somehow one rule for you and one for me?

Old 09-29-2014, 08:36 AM

1,199 posts, read 2,872,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Seriously? You do realize, don't you, that the reason North America was colonized is that Europe was bursting at the seams with overpopulation? And those colonists and their descendants through the 1800's generally had 10-12 kids each. Some male colonists had twice that amount, because they'd remarry young women after their wife expired after so many pregnancies. And that's just Europeans and their descendants. Some Asian and Latin American nationalities are still having 8-15 kids per family.
Well thank God for that, we wouldn't be having this conversation right now if Europe hadn't become overpopulated and the excess population hadn't colonized the Western Hemisphere.

Overpopulation among intelligent societies often inspires innovation because you have to learn to do more with less resources. If we had remained at the population levels of hunter-gatherers we would have remained hunter gatherers. Population pressures cause human societies to evolove.

Look I could go on on about this but this is not the right forum for it. We are here to address a relationship issue, not talk philosophy. I am pro-natalist and that cannot help influence my opinion on such personal issues. However, I understand that people are going to make their own choices on this issue, so let's just leave it at that.

Old 09-29-2014, 01:22 PM

1,623 posts, read 1,727,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
I am sorry for what you are going through

And I understand what Pitt Chick just said, he likely does feel you are "reneging" on the deal you made at your wedding.

However, when two people love one another they must both work to respect and support one another even when they do change.

After all, LIFE is all about change. Nothing ever stays the same. We must grow or we stagnate and die (emotionally and/or spiritually).

That being said, your husband has closed his heart to any growth or change, and I'm so sorry.

But you now have to make one of two choices....

You make a conscious decision to love him regardless of how he is hurting you and release your dream completely so that you can remain happy in your marriage.

OR

You walk away and pursue motherhood from another direction.

Neither choice will be easy, I know. But this is really what it all comes down to.

Again, I'm sorry.

This.....there is no way you can expect to marry somebody and not have them change at all.....Marriage is more than a simple deal and contract to fill. I should have walked away so many years ago, but, couldn't and finally he died....

Old 09-30-2014, 03:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormynh View Post
This.....there is no way you can expect to marry somebody and not have them change at all.....
But no one is saying that. I think we all agree that we grow and change. But the point on this thread is that there is no FIXED way you have to grow or change. Just because the man in THIS relationship did not change his mind on having children - that does not mean he is "closed to growth or change" as LovesMountains asserted. He just did not "grow or change" in relation to _one single particular thing_.

Old 09-30-2014, 03:59 AM

519 posts, read 777,992 times
Your husband should be the most important person in your life. And you in his. Contemplating leaving this man for a nonexistent fantasy child that you haven't even had yet is incredibly short-sighted. I would never put an idea before my wife.

Old 09-30-2014, 04:33 AM

It is not putting an idea before her husband. It is putting what _she_ wants from _her_ life forward as part of the consideration of whether the relationship she is in - is still the one for her.

As people keep saying on this thread - people grow and change - and as sad as it is, the fact remains that sometimes people grow out of the relationship they are in and simply have to move on. Regardless of the love they still hold for their partner(s).

Old 09-30-2014, 08:40 AM

519 posts, read 777,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monumentus View Post
It is not putting an idea before her husband.
No, that's literally exactly what it is. She thinks she wants this and is willing to abandon her husband over it. She's putting an idea before her spouse.

Old 09-30-2014, 08:40 AM

41,936 posts, read 37,020,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zepheyr View Post
No, that's exactly what it is. Literally. She thinks she wants this and is willing to abandon her husband over it.

Exactly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships