Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-29-2014, 10:15 PM

48,532 posts, read 34,863,037 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarbonCountyLiving View Post

Did she deserve to be lied to? No, but it wasn't the OP's place to pull the wool from her eyes, and the OP didn't do it out of altruism or some sense of loyalty. She admits that she did it out of vengeance.

If it's not the OP's place to come straight with the GF then who's is it? The BF? He ain't gonna do it.

The OP and the GF already have a commonality.... his penis.

Do I think the OP had personal motivations? Sure. He told her he was not in a serious relationship with anyone else, which was a lie. Should she also be ok with a guy if she finds out if he is married? This guy was spending 3 days a week with her, not once a month.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2014, 10:31 PM

4,078 posts, read 5,416,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilac110 View Post
I love how he cheats and you're the "psycho woman."

Of course he was angry. He just got caught doing something wrong. If the other woman is smart, she'll get rid of him.

He's an ahole. Don't waste any more time on him.
Exactly. He's trying to cover up his $hit by blaming her as the "psycho" woman.

Who was more psycho for putting up and front and pretending to be something they were not? And, an active online dating profile? Sure, she's so psycho, and his leading a double-life is au contrare?

Scumbag. Douche by 1,000X. I hope all parties involved are okay, STI, wise. The infectious little.. words can't describe how despicable this person is. To put other people's lives in jeopardy?? STD reservoir p.o.s.

Old 09-30-2014, 12:00 AM

3,051 posts, read 3,280,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
If it's not the OP's place to come straight with the GF then who's is it? The BF? He ain't gonna do it.

The OP and the GF already have a commonality.... his penis.

Do I think the OP had personal motivations? Sure. He told her he was not in a serious relationship with anyone else, which was a lie. Should she also be ok with a guy if she finds out if he is married? This guy was spending 3 days a week with her, not once a month.
I don't think she should be okay with anything. I think she should have moved along with dignity. She knew what was up the minute she saw them together. By confronting them, she gave him the satisfaction of calling her a psycho and making it seem like it was all on her. And like I said, I will bet anything that the douchebag talked his way out of it and kept the GF, so she really didn't help anything at all.

Old 09-30-2014, 12:01 AM

2,704 posts, read 1,831,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tulip999 View Post
Butterflyfish, you are being crass yourself now. First of all, I did not make any scenes where the entire street was staring at us. We were just having a conversation.
If that is not what happened, then I stand corrected and I apologize. That's the picture that was painted in my mind as I read your OP. You said that you confronted them in the street. He emailed later complaining about you making a scene in the street.

Quote:
Secondly, I knew the truth of our relationship, but I did not know he had a significant other, I did not know they had traveled twice this summer together and one to his best friend's wedding, while he lied to me that he was going solo. He even bothered to tell me that he loves to travel by himself to find himself...what a BS.
Yes, he's a shameless liar, although he never lied about his intentions towards you. Guys like him are very good at dancing around the truth.

Quote:
Lastly, why isn't he serious about the other chick? He introduced her to friends etc. It is going that direction and who knows maybe this confrontation will make her step her foot down and demand a full commitment with an engagement ring or else...so maybe this confrontation was actually good for her, after the fact. He seemed to be head over heels for her, when I saw them. I am sure if she demands, he will go for it.
We disagree about what a "serious" relationship looks like. Meeting each others friends and traveling together don't make a relationship "serious" in my mind. Men who are serious don't keep other women on the side. Men who are serious don't keep their online profiles active. He doesn't look very "serious" to me.

We might disagree about that aspect of it, but don't get me wrong, I'm on your side, tulip999. I'm truly sorry that this loser hurt your heart.

Old 09-30-2014, 09:57 AM

31,053 posts, read 22,086,243 times
Quote:
They were not in a open relationship, she was furious to hear about the OKC profile, she actually asked me to see it right there. I had to pull out my phone and show it to her. it was bad.

So, you had this extended conversation with him and her, and they revealed their entire relationship to you on the side walk converstion? And he stood there shaking his head up and down the entire time, while you had this discussion?

"They were walking like a loving couple that spend Saturday night together and went for a Sunday brunch.
I said hi, introduced myself.
He started rushing away, like they had to go.
I asked the woman whether she was his girlfriend. She said with a funny laugh "I certainly hope so..." Sounded like what else can it be.
Anyways long story short,
I confronted to her that we have been seeing each other and that he never revealed that there was a serious relationship.
Turns out they traveled together,
they went to his friend's wedding together.
I felt lost and betrayed."

Old 09-30-2014, 10:05 AM

So what. Was she supposed to have a sit down tea-party with them and reveal how shady he was?

You can twist the story around all you want.

What she did was morally/ethically correct. Was the GF supposed to be lead onto a relationship full of lies and expose herself to potential STDs while this guy has a dating profile up and they are both traveling together? Building a relationship on complete betrayal?

She sounded pretty calm and rational, and now she's labeled a "psycho" because she spoke the truth? People are nuts, I swear. Life in denial is so fabulous!! (lol, sarcasm JIK you didn't get that )

Old 09-30-2014, 10:07 AM

1,724 posts, read 1,602,524 times
Quote:
Did I acted appropriately by letting her know right there on the spot? He was so upset at me, he looked at me with a face that was screaming rage...
Yes. He got busted. He can deal with the aftermath.

Old 09-30-2014, 10:08 AM

1,724 posts, read 1,602,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterflyfish View Post
Yes, you behaved inappropriately.

It was a casual relationship from the beginning. You were not dating him exclusively; there was no question about that. Maybe you were in denial about the status of your relationship, but live and learn.

My advice: If you can't stand the heat, stay out of the kitchen. That is, if you can't handle casual sex outside of exclusivity, then stop doing it.

I think you owe him an apology. The fact is, who he spends time with when he isn't with you is not your business. In my opinion, he wasn't "cheating" because there was no exclusive relationship.
This is all true, except that the woman she found him with did not realize what he was doing. In this case, I can no longer fault the OP.

Old 09-30-2014, 10:09 AM

Btw, I get the impression that people who back him up are just like him or have been. No reason to be offended if there isn't any truth to that.

Old 09-30-2014, 10:17 AM

11,795 posts, read 12,035,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kat949 View Post
So what. Was she supposed to have a sit down tea-party with them and reveal how shady he was?

You can twist the story around all you want.

What she did was morally/ethically correct. Was the GF supposed to be lead onto a relationship full of lies and expose herself to potential STDs while this guy has a dating profile up and they are both traveling together? Building a relationship on complete betrayal?

She sounded pretty calm and rational, and now she's labeled a "psycho" because she spoke the truth? People are nuts, I swear. Life in denial is so fabulous!! (lol, sarcasm JIK you didn't get that )
I also think it's easy to sit here and judge when we weren't there in the heat of the moment. She reacted to the surprise of it all, it's not like it was premeditated. He's just angry he got caught out for all the lies and secrets.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships