Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-30-2014, 10:18 AM

181 posts, read 192,250 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
So, you had this extended conversation with him and her, and they revealed their entire relationship to you on the side walk converstion? And he stood there shaking his head up and down the entire time, while you had this discussion?

"They were walking like a loving couple that spend Saturday night together and went for a Sunday brunch.
I said hi, introduced myself.
He started rushing away, like they had to go.
I asked the woman whether she was his girlfriend. She said with a funny laugh "I certainly hope so..." Sounded like what else can it be.
Anyways long story short,
I confronted to her that we have been seeing each other and that he never revealed that there was a serious relationship.
Turns out they traveled together,
they went to his friend's wedding together.
I felt lost and betrayed."
He was not talking, sort of standing there with an angry face. I would not call it an extended conversation. She started asking me questions - how long have you been dating him etc. I asked whether she traveled with him, she confirmed. She said she never knew of other women in his life nor she suspected. I told her to check his okc profile as well, in case she did not believe me.... etc. It was 10 minutes max. I have to admit, when she saw the OKC profile, she became very quite and was kind of shaking inside. It's like I made her world upside down.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2014, 10:23 AM

31,035 posts, read 22,070,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty2011 View Post
I also think it's easy to sit here and judge when we weren't there in the heat of the moment. She reacted to the surprise of it all, it's not like it was premeditated. He's just angry he got caught out for all the lies and secrets.
What's amazing and unreal is how all these detailed facts and history came out in a sidewalk converstion. All why the guy just stood there

Edited
Quote:
Originally Posted by tulip999 View Post
He was not talking, sort of standing there with an angry face. I would not call it an extended conversation. She started asking me questions - how long have you been dating him etc. I asked whether she traveled with him, she confirmed. She said she never knew of other women in his life nor she suspected. I told her to check his okc profile as well, in case she did not believe me.... etc. It was 10 minutes max. I have to admit, when she saw the OKC profile, she became very quite and was kind of shaking inside. It's like I made her world upside down.
10 minutes max for all of this to happen and for you to know their detailed relationship history..Unbelievable

Old 09-30-2014, 10:28 AM

I was in a relationship with the guy for a few months, I knew a lot about his life, what he was doing, where he was going, where he was traveling to. But I was getting the distorted versions from him. The only thing I did not know was whether he was doing these things with a gf or not. It got confirmed in 10 minutes, yes, quite possible.

Old 09-30-2014, 10:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kat949 View Post
So what. Was she supposed to have a sit down tea-party with them and reveal how shady he was?

You can twist the story around all you want.

What she did was morally/ethically correct. Was the GF supposed to be lead onto a relationship full of lies and expose herself to potential STDs while this guy has a dating profile up and they are both traveling together? Building a relationship on complete betrayal?

She sounded pretty calm and rational, and now she's labeled a "psycho" because she spoke the truth? People are nuts, I swear. Life in denial is so fabulous!! (lol, sarcasm JIK you didn't get that )
Thank you Kat949 for understanding

It was horrible to go through that experience, I had a wonderful Saturday with friends in San Jose and was just trying to get some work-out in and relax on Sunday. I was not looking for drama. I would have preferred for him to call me one day and end the relationship himself. It would have been amicable and if I saw him with a girl later in the street, I would know that there was someone serious in his life and would probably just pass by him without even acknowledging anything. I 50% regret about confronting but how else was I going to know. I did not want to snoop around, all I wanted was the truth from him all this time and I was not getting it for months.

Old 09-30-2014, 10:44 AM

16,709 posts, read 19,410,227 times
Quote:
Did I overreact? Perhaps this was another woman he was seeing but in more serious terms but still casual? Perhaps I should have kept my cool? Please advise.
I would have done the same thing. He's only calling you psycho because he got busted. I hope his girlfriend dumps him too.

Old 09-30-2014, 10:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by convextech View Post
I would have done the same thing. He's only calling you psycho because he got busted. I hope his girlfriend dumps him too.
The gf is way more invested in this relationship, one thing I forgot to ask her is how long they've been together. I give it over a year, I can confirm from friends but don't care anymore to be honest.
She might forgive him..if he promises to be a "good boy".

Old 09-30-2014, 10:54 AM

16,709 posts, read 19,410,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kat949 View Post
Btw, I get the impression that people who back him up are just like him or have been. No reason to be offended if there isn't any truth to that.
Best post of the thread!

Old 09-30-2014, 11:00 AM

41,936 posts, read 36,957,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by convextech View Post

He's calling her psycho because of psycho behavior. We've all done something stupid and crazy (or most of us), it is still psycho.

Old 09-30-2014, 11:29 AM

1,212 posts, read 4,911,360 times
Quote:
I communicated more than once to him that if he finds a woman that he is willing to date seriously to just let me know know and we will part ways. I never agreed to date a guy who already had a girlfriend. The casual part was only because we were just starting to date each other and wanted to keep the options open AT THE BEGINNING. I did not not want to date a guy who is in a relationship already.

I totally understand... something similar happened to me. And like you I was fine with being casual in the beginning but with the thought that if feelings were moving in that direction that we together would explore our feelings and expectations. It is another thing to find out that exploring feelings etc is not in the cards because the guy is already in a committed relationship!
And that is why the OP feels so betrayed. Had she known that the man was in a COMMITTED relationship she would have never even started with him... He concealed this fact to get his cake and eat it too.

Yes, he cheated on his girlfriend (the girl he took on trips with him)... but he MISLEAD the OP. And she has the right to be angry about that. I am sure if she knew he had a girlfriend or a near girlfriend she would have never slept with him... I am sure he knew this as well and that is why he hid the truth.

Old 09-30-2014, 11:46 AM

31,035 posts, read 22,070,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
He's calling her psycho because of psycho behavior. We've all done something stupid and crazy (or most of us), it is still psycho.
Or a Psycho/Stalker.

If I was a woman or man walking down the side walk with my bf/gf, and a person unknown to me walks up and started bombarding me and my bf/gf with wild questions and accusations, the OP would be viewed as a threat. Why would a complete 'Stranger' approaching you on a sidewalk have any credibility? Did the man give the OP and his GF a friendly introduction?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships