Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-21-2014, 02:32 PM

41,936 posts, read 37,033,395 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleur View Post
Sounds like you're living the life. You probably don't even need to be on this forum then.

He's exactly the type that should be on this forum. He's a person that has relationships and likes having them.

So many people on here never have them and even eschew them, yet they want to rant about how they don't need or want them. That's messed up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2014, 02:33 PM

41,936 posts, read 37,033,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Djuna View Post
If all guys looked like this what a boring world it would be.

NOT

The world would be better if he spent 15 minutes of that 3 hrs a day he spends in the gym cutting his hair.

Old 10-21-2014, 02:34 PM

4,103 posts, read 5,435,865 times
Quote:
Well, considering this guy probably dedicates 80% of his time to his appearance, it probably would be a boring world if all men were like him.
Nah that's actually not a very hard physique to obtain, now to MAINTAIN would involve cutting out the carbs. Its the guys that look like hulking gorillas that spend 80% of their time on their image.

Im just gonna throw this one out there but Im as straight as an arrow and I think that guys got a slammin body. lol

Like I said earlier its an age thing. If that guy walked up to girls his age on the beach looking just like that he would have a collection of phone numbers.

Old 10-21-2014, 02:34 PM

9,408 posts, read 13,753,497 times
Quote:
Well, considering this guy probably dedicates 80% of his time to his appearance, it probably would be a boring world if all men were like him.
How about some good old working men then;

Old 10-21-2014, 02:35 PM

35,094 posts, read 51,318,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
Yeah, I find it repulsive when women are in tight mini skirts and showing mass cleavage on their online profile.

Lol
How many other guys would look at that and think she was an easy target for sex only?
Then there are those who think: hooker, easy, desperate, tramp...etc

Your attempt at sarcasm is really not funny because of all the other men and maybe including you who have those thoughts about women dressed like that in the dating photos.

As far as the men goes, who knows, so many of the muscle guys think they are unique in the way they look so they are showing off and boosting their own ego. In reality they are as unique as the next guy in the next online dating profile with a photo that is similar.

Old 10-21-2014, 02:36 PM

9,408 posts, read 13,753,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
The world would be better if he spent 15 minutes of that 3 hrs a day he spends in the gym cutting his hair.
OMG, you take that back right now

Old 10-21-2014, 02:37 PM

3,549 posts, read 5,382,894 times
Quote:
The thing to always keep in mind when dishing out advice is that what works for one might not work for another. I bet you attract a particular type of woman, one that's not particularly appealing to me. I guarantee you that the vast majority of women I know personally are not into this type of thing at all. So that's the source of any disagreement. Birds of a feather flock together. I'm not in your flock, and neither is the type of girl I'd want to be with.
What kind of girls do you like? I've been on dates with pharmacists, nurses, I used to hang out with a Lawyer who had degree's from Harvard, Berkley, and one other ivy league school I can't recall, she lived a few floors above me and actually initiated everything.. I've hung out with girls active into all types of different sports, activities, music, religions, etc...

However, one thing I DO agree with, is the part that my advice may not always work for someone else. Mostly due to personality, looks, etc. I have a very outgoing and humorous personality, if someone else tried all of the things I do, and delivered it entirely wrong, they would just face plant.

Either way, a lot of advice I give can still be universal and a general guideline for everyone. One of my soft, quiet, middle eastern friends moved to LA a year or so ago and was having a very hard time dating. He hadn't dated many women in his life. I create a dating profile for him, I picked the pictures, I wrote the profile, I messaged some of the women and gave him advice on everything to do, and within a month or so he was dating a very attractive women who he dated for several months. He is nothing like me, but we were still able to make something work out of it.

My advice won't work for everyone obviously, but many of the guys here need to work on themselves most of all and it will make it much easier.

Old 10-21-2014, 02:38 PM

2,387 posts, read 2,213,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
He's exactly the type that should be on this forum. He's a person that has relationships and likes having them.

So many people on here never have them and even eschew them, yet they want to rant about how they don't need or want them. That's messed up.
I don't disagree with you. The best advice I've received are from older, more mature people who have had a variety of relationships. It's the lack of empathy, the lack of understanding, the "you must do XZY to be successful" types (as if it's all black and white like that), the "dating is a vicious game of natural selection" types that rub me the wrong way.

Old 10-21-2014, 02:38 PM

4,103 posts, read 5,435,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
How many other guys would look at that and think she was an easy target for sex only?
Then there are those who think: hooker, easy, desperate, tramp...etc

Your attempt at sarcasm is really not funny because of all the other men and maybe including you who have those thoughts about women dressed like that in the dating photos.

As far as the men goes, who knows, so many of the muscle guys think they are unique in the way they look so they are showing off and boosting their own ego. In reality they are as unique as the next guy in the next online dating profile with a photo that is similar.
Ive always had a serious issue with the fact that our society has a negative word for girls who like sex. Girls should be allowed to enjoy sex just like guys are without society's judgement, but then again Im pretty liberal in my views.

Old 10-21-2014, 02:39 PM

3,549 posts, read 5,382,894 times
Quote:
Geeze Debbie downer over here..

I am far more muscular than that guy and I lift 2-3 days a week for around an hour a day.. His physique really wouldn't take much work other than some lifting and a decent diet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships