Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-21-2014, 04:56 PM

16,959 posts, read 17,411,874 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
How many other guys would look at that and think she was an easy target for sex only?
Then there are those who think: hooker, easy, desperate, tramp...etc

Your attempt at sarcasm is really not funny because of all the other men and maybe including you who have those thoughts about women dressed like that in the dating photos.

As far as the men goes, who knows, so many of the muscle guys think they are unique in the way they look so they are showing off and boosting their own ego. In reality they are as unique as the next guy in the next online dating profile with a photo that is similar.
I don't online date and could care less what a woman is wearing or showing on their online profile.

Some people make a big deal out of something so silly. Shirtless guys, and boob popping provocative photos ..... just skip their profile if you don't like it, Lol

It really is that SIMPLE.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2014, 06:17 PM

3,549 posts, read 5,391,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleur View Post
With that logic, all the debbie downers on here could be rockstars in the dating world.

I think it's a pretty good indication of who you are IRL. Unless you have an online alter ego of sorts that allows you to be the person you think you should be but aren't.
I just dont normally hang around people woth such miserable dating lives, so it leaves me no reason to discuss my own, or to justify why I may be more qualified than some to give advice.

If you wanted biking advicr would you rather go to lance Armstrong or some guy 60lbs overweight that took a weekend cycling course?

Obviously a gross exaggeration but you should get the point. I bring up my dating history to emphasize my advice works from experience.

Old 10-21-2014, 06:22 PM

22,441 posts, read 29,600,777 times
I guarantee they're all old photos or of someone completely different...You'll see

Old 10-21-2014, 07:22 PM

2,387 posts, read 2,216,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by houstan-dan View Post
I just dont normally hang around people woth such miserable dating lives, so it leaves me no reason to discuss my own, or to justify why I may be more qualified than some to give advice.

If you wanted biking advicr would you rather go to lance Armstrong or some guy 60lbs overweight that took a weekend cycling course?

Obviously a gross exaggeration but you should get the point. I bring up my dating history to emphasize my advice works from experience.
Quite honestly, I much prefer the advice from those who are practical, understanding, empathetic, and who don't require to stroke their own egos while giving advice. I've found plenty of good folks who are capable of that on this site and I appreciate them very much. But on the contrary, I've witnessed a fair amount of immature, bloviated blowhards who insist that the only way to get women is to be as ripped as Dwayne Johnson and make hundreds of thousands, if not millions, of dollars each year. I don't appreciate them very much, because I think they're full of themselves and couldn't care less if anybody else succeeds in this realm. They're more concerned with telling others how self-important they are as self-proclaimed experts in the field. I also think they're pretty clueless as to how the world works outside of their myopic perspective, and that's not just according to me; that's according to my female friends, too.

Last edited by Lafleur; 10-21-2014 at 07:35 PM..

Old 10-21-2014, 09:20 PM

48,636 posts, read 35,109,786 times
Quote:
Do guys actually "flex"? I'm curious what type of real flexing poses one can do and not look utterly stupid. I had a shirtless pic in a mirror but it was just casual, not hitting some stupid pose.

Like I said earlier, if a guy has a great profile other than the one pic I.e. several intriguing and catchy paragraphs, good career, normal, good guy, I think the shirtless pic will rarrrrrely be a deal breaker, if all else excels very well.
Agreed.

Jersey Shore type, with all shirtless pics and sunglasses, and I poorly written profile? Pass. Some guy who doesn't take himself too seriously, funny and professionally successful? Bonus!
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 10-22-2014, 06:04 AM

3,549 posts, read 5,391,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleur View Post
Quite honestly, I much prefer the advice from those who are practical, understanding, empathetic, and who don't require to stroke their own egos while giving advice. I've found plenty of good folks who are capable of that on this site and I appreciate them very much. But on the contrary, I've witnessed a fair amount of immature, bloviated blowhards who insist that the only way to get women is to be as ripped as Dwayne Johnson and make hundreds of thousands, if not millions, of dollars each year. I don't appreciate them very much, because I think they're full of themselves and couldn't care less if anybody else succeeds in this realm. They're more concerned with telling others how self-important they are as self-proclaimed experts in the field. I also think they're pretty clueless as to how the world works outside of their myopic perspective, and that's not just according to me; that's according to my female friends, too.
You're right, I have no intent of helping others on this forum.

Which is why I posted this below for YOU in a thread YOU started about diet, before you even started crying here in the relationships section about me.

Yep, just a blow hard here to talk about myself.

Quote:
Rice is good and so is potatoes. Regular potatoes and sweet potatoes. I have sweet potatoes with stevia when I make honey chipotle chicken.

Veggies are definitely better than fruit, and excellent as a snack since they are mostly water and sooo little carbs in them. Broccoli especially.

Fruit is "ok" but there's tons of sugar in it. Sugar is sugar, natural or not, and it has the same effects to your blood sugar and insulin release that will in turn, cause more hunger, and also much more easily store as fat.

I would limit your fruit to maybe a banana with breakfast (sooo many great nutrient properties in bananas and also help prevent cramps)

And then an apple and/or some sort of complex carb before you do afternoon cardio. The sugar in the apple will help get your blood sugar up and the complex carb will help keep you going.

Also, if possible, try and get more of your carbs earlier in the day, that way your body will better digest them throughout the day. If you have a lot of carbs right before bed, your body doesn't burn them off as easily and they are much easier stored as fat.

Lastly, since you're having oatmeal, cranberries, and walnuts with your breakfast, I would change your milk drink to almond milk. It has less calories and carbs, unless the protein drink comes pre-mixed with the skim milk which would be odd. Almond milk (or water) with like an optimum nutrition whey shake is great. ON has a good amount of protein, and almost no carbs compared to others..

Ok, that wasn't lastly, but I'll keep going...

The MOST important thing, hindering the weight loss, is the actually calorie amount itself. Do you eat the exact same every day? Do you count calories, macro's, etc? You don't need to do it down to an exact science, but you should do it a few days so you have a very general idea what everything has in it and go from there. I typically just measure my protein and carbs and vary them accordingly, but since I eat nearly the exact same amount every day, I know what I need to alter. If yours is changing a decent amount day to day, I would aim to get it a bit more consistent so you have a baseline, and then can cut back from there.

Old 10-22-2014, 08:08 AM

2,387 posts, read 2,216,740 times
Quote:
You're right, I have no intent of helping others on this forum.

Which is why I posted this below for YOU in a thread YOU started about diet, before you even started crying here in the relationships section about me.

Yep, just a blow hard here to talk about myself.
I appreciated that advice from you and I even repped you for it.

Health/nutritional science information is a little more black and white than relationship theory though. Yet, some people (in fact, a good portion on here) still insist that it's one way or nothing in order to be successful with dating and/or relationships. And I'm not necessarily pointing any fingers at you in particular. It's rampant on this board from what I can tell so far.

Apples to oranges, my friend.

Old 10-22-2014, 08:25 AM

2,764 posts, read 2,242,068 times
Quote:
I am far more muscular than that guy and I lift 2-3 days a week for around an hour a day.. His physique really wouldn't take much work other than some lifting and a decent diet.
You only go to the gym 2-3 times a week? Did you use to go a lot more and cut back when you became big and ripped? Thought you were a gym rat that went 5-6 times a week.

Old 10-22-2014, 08:29 AM

5,481 posts, read 8,616,211 times
Insecurity! If you have to go overboard to show your assets then you're not secure in your own skin. Its like the women who dress like street corner whores when going out. Some people don't understand that less is more.

Old 10-22-2014, 09:03 AM

4,078 posts, read 5,434,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deevel79 View Post
Insecurity! If you have to go overboard to show your assets then you're not secure in your own skin. Its like the women who dress like street corner whores when going out. Some people don't understand that less is more.
Pretty much, or looking for plain FWB.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships