Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-11-2014, 07:12 AM

3,549 posts, read 5,381,715 times

Advertisements

I used to have a shirtless pic on mine. I did amazing those dating sites so it most certainly didn't hinder anything for me. I did have some women tell me that they "usually wouldn't message guys that had a shirtless pic in their profile, but they really liked my profile and the stuff I wrote." Then I remember other girls telling me they showed my pic to their mom/sister/bestfriend/coworkers/etc.. I remember one girl who was head over heels with me after like two weeks, staying with me, spending every night with me, had literally HUNDREDS of guys messaging her Every. Single. Day. She was nice, pretty, down to earth, and in great shape. She showed me her inbox a few times and it was just absolutely packed with messages, yet she spent all her free time with me. She was also huge into working out and eating right, and seeing I was (in the picture and spending time with me) was obviously a big attraction to her.

I think a lot of it depends on the guy. I did it because fitness is huge to me. I want someone who is the same, and how serious they actually are, typically shows by their physique (if that's their goal, having a well balanced, low BF, physique) I was lifting 5-6 days a week, 1-1.5 hours/day, my diet was spot on, I simply loved it. It's one thing for a guy to say he's into it, but it's a different for him to actually show he is, and is knowledgeable about it, and knows what he's doing. I know tons of guys who like the idea of it, or say they are, but you know they are missing some key parts of diet or training (i.e. don't do legs, have a crap diet) so it's not the same.

Mine was just me with no shirt, in shorts. No stupid face or trying to be overly sexual. It also shows that I'm not hiding some huge gut or something. I'd also put the dates of the pictures usually in the description. I met a LOT of women who were easily 20, 30, 40 lbs heavier than their pics online. Not because they hid it in their pics, but because it was blatantly an old picture.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2014, 07:22 AM

42,763 posts, read 52,907,987 times
Heeeeellllllllooooooooooo!

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour...MV9MizOdFQ2JBg

Old 10-11-2014, 08:37 AM

2,135 posts, read 5,493,467 times
Dudes with the shirtless pics are the ones getting laid, that's why they do it. Chicks are typically more shallow than guys when it comes to that stuff, trust me. Look at Raena's video for example.

Old 10-11-2014, 08:45 AM

2,071 posts, read 2,213,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
So much is confusing me about this I have to ask.... Why would anyone film this guy? Why would anyone post that on youtube? How did you come across it and why would you link to it? What is confusing me most is that this guy isn't anything special, in addition to being the lowest level of construction worker, he is not extraordinary looking, there are 20+ guys at my gym, myself included, that are in better shape than him.

Old 10-11-2014, 09:01 AM

12,585 posts, read 16,969,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert5 View Post
So much is confusing me about this I have to ask.... Why would anyone film this guy? Why would anyone post that on youtube? How did you come across it and why would you link to it? What is confusing me most is that this guy isn't anything special, in addition to being the lowest level of construction worker, he is not extraordinary looking, there are 20+ guys at my gym, myself included, that are in better shape than him.
Do I hear jealousy oozing?

Old 10-11-2014, 09:08 AM

783 posts, read 850,793 times
It is mostly guys thinking that women will think like them. Guys like bikini pics so they think a woman would like a shirtless pic. Also on FB when a woman posts a nice pic of herself she gets a ton of attention, guys get crickets :P

Old 10-11-2014, 09:28 AM

13,665 posts, read 9,742,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jillabean View Post
It doesn't "bother" me per say, but I found it tacky and questioned the man's intent (only interested in sex since he seems focused on the physical) or does he just have bad manners/clueless.
Perhaps naively, the intended statement is: "Please disregard my potentially slovenly dress or unappealing smile. I'm a strong, powerful male, with high value as mate and protector. Mate with me, and your offspring will be genetically favored, and well-protected."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montanaguy04 View Post
It is mostly guys thinking that women will think like them. Guys like bikini pics so they think a woman would like a shirtless pic.
Exactly. Women might not notice this, but men - heterosexual men - are impressed by each others' muscles. Big, well-defined muscles are a sign of achievement, dedication, and genetic luck (because different bodies respond differently to exercise). As a guy, I'd assume that because other men are impressed by my bench-pressing or ratio of chest circumference to waist circumference, that women would be as well. Perhaps men are simply not cognizant of women responding to such things with rather less enthusiasm.

Old 10-11-2014, 11:35 AM

104 posts, read 142,007 times
OP, yes most of those topless guys are looking for sex. Seriously.

Old 10-11-2014, 11:37 AM

12,535 posts, read 15,215,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Utopian Slums View Post
I just started on-line dating again. Last time was about 10 yrs ago. Either i never noticed it then or maybe i just "closed the match" (was on eharmony.)

But now . . . . SERIOUSLY??!

Maybe its just me but guys- i really don't need to see this.
Wait until you're my age and you're seeing the old farts doing it. Seen more 50-something moobs in three months than a locker room of alumni hockey players.

Old 10-11-2014, 11:38 AM

39,253 posts, read 27,655,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Utopian Slums View Post

How do other girls feel bout this?
I love shirtless pictures. <as long as they look good>

I would LOVE to have a calender like the following

http://www.ruggedelegantliving.com/a...s.Calendar.jpg
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships