Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-22-2014, 10:59 AM

3,549 posts, read 5,375,176 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by deevel79 View Post
Insecurity! If you have to go overboard to show your assets then you're not secure in your own skin. Its like the women who dress like street corner whores when going out. Some people don't understand that less is more.
How does not wearing much clothes make one insecure about their body? lol. I hate wearing clothes, unless I'm somewhere that requires them, I'm usually wearing about the least amount as possible. If I go to get the mail I'm lucky if I put a pair of shorts on over my boxers. If anyone comes over, I'm usually in my boxers. It's just how I've always been. Heck, if a girl comes over on a first date, I'm not going to get dressed, in my own house, where i never wear clothes anyways? I mean I "might" depending who the girl is, but about 90% of the time I'll toss on a pair of shorts and slippers. Zero chance I'm going to lay in my bed with a girl wearing a shirt. That's the most uncomfortable thing in the world.

I would imagine people that are more insecure, would be the ones covering themselves up because they are insecure about their bodies.

Unless, you mean insecure as in, peoples reassurance. But I never really cared what anyone though either way.

(Unrelated threadjack everyone else can ignore my response as it isn't related)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stockyman View Post
You only go to the gym 2-3 times a week? Did you use to go a lot more and cut back when you became big and ripped? Thought you were a gym rat that went 5-6 times a week.
I cut back to 3 days a week about a year ago. I was lifting 3 days on, 1 day off (hitting legs twice as often as the rest to get them proportioned) or some months 5 days a week, for about 2 years or so, where I made my initial gains. When my gf started lifting with my January of 2013 we cut back to more like 4 days a week. Then late last fall/early this year we cut back to 3 days/wk and are still making slow gains. We changed our workouts up a lot and they are more intense now, but shorter, and of course diet is the huge part. I've pretty much plateaued at 220 where I was in May, had surgery, and have since hovered around 210-215.

I love lifting, I love fitness, and I love how much diet effects everything and learning more about it. That being said, I work a lot and have other hobbies and interests as well that I like to pursue. My gf had never lifted weights until she met me, and now she's into it as much if not more than me, but we also love our relaxing time as well and our ice cream on the weekends.

I did a lot of research to figure out how I could maximize my workouts and fine tune my diet, I do no cardio. I also rarely do more than 6 sets per muscle group, per week, but they are very intense. Often go till failure, then the gf assists me for another rep or two, then immediately strip off some weight into a drop set.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2014, 11:19 AM

37,594 posts, read 45,966,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by houstan-dan View Post
How does not wearing much clothes make one insecure about their body? lol. I hate wearing clothes, unless I'm somewhere that requires them, I'm usually wearing about the least amount as possible. If I go to get the mail I'm lucky if I put a pair of shorts on over my boxers. If anyone comes over, I'm usually in my boxers. It's just how I've always been. Heck, if a girl comes over on a first date, I'm not going to get dressed, in my own house, where i never wear clothes anyways? I mean I "might" depending who the girl is, but about 90% of the time I'll toss on a pair of shorts and slippers. Zero chance I'm going to lay in my bed with a girl wearing a shirt. That's the most uncomfortable thing in the world.
So you're a slob then. Gotcha. Guess there is someone for everybody.

Old 10-29-2014, 08:45 AM

5,481 posts, read 8,572,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by houstan-dan View Post

I would imagine people that are more insecure, would be the ones covering themselves up because they are insecure about their bodies.

Unless, you mean insecure as in, peoples reassurance. But I never really cared what anyone though either way.

(Unrelated threadjack everyone else can ignore my response as it isn't related)

I cut back to 3 days a week about a year ago. I was lifting 3 days on, 1 day off (hitting legs twice as often as the rest to get them proportioned) or some months 5 days a week, for about 2 years or so, where I made my initial gains. When my gf started lifting with my January of 2013 we cut back to more like 4 days a week. Then late last fall/early this year we cut back to 3 days/wk and are still making slow gains. We changed our workouts up a lot and they are more intense now, but shorter, and of course diet is the huge part. I've pretty much plateaued at 220 where I was in May, had surgery, and have since hovered around 210-215.

I love lifting, I love fitness, and I love how much diet effects everything and learning more about it. That being said, I work a lot and have other hobbies and interests as well that I like to pursue. My gf had never lifted weights until she met me, and now she's into it as much if not more than me, but we also love our relaxing time as well and our ice cream on the weekends.

I did a lot of research to figure out how I could maximize my workouts and fine tune my diet, I do no cardio. I also rarely do more than 6 sets per muscle group, per week, but they are very intense. Often go till failure, then the gf assists me for another rep or two, then immediately strip off some weight into a drop set.
Where in my post did I say this? What I said was, any man who has to go to the lengths of taking shirtless selfies for thier dating profile pics, are usually the type who are insecure with themselves and therefore have to go overboard to show off thier assets.

What does that have to do with wearing less clothing to be comfortable?

Old 10-29-2014, 08:49 AM

2,387 posts, read 2,210,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deevel79 View Post
Where in my post did I say this? What I said was, any man who has to go to the lengths of taking shirtless selfies for thier dating profile pics, are usually the type who are insecure with themselves and therefore have to go overboard to show off thier assets.

What does that have to do with wearing less clothing to be comfortable?
Similarly, I find the people who brag the most, who have the least humility, to be overcompensating the most for some sort of shortcoming in their life.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships