Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-11-2014, 05:48 PM

2,953 posts, read 2,904,284 times

Advertisements

Topless, ha, I posted full Speedo

Only women with a true inner confidence and sass responded. Worked out well
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2014, 06:11 PM

2,761 posts, read 2,233,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YaFace View Post
Dudes with the shirtless pics are the ones getting laid, that's why they do it. Chicks are typically more shallow than guys when it comes to that stuff, trust me. Look at Raena's video for example.
Yes. If you live in a big city where there are a lot of profiles, a shirtless guy with a chiseled physique will get laid quite easily providing he isn't a total douche on his profile or in person. Even if he is not too educated but writes to women with degrees or MBA's he is still getting laid by them.

I never reached that physique level but having a great build is such a game changer. Women love a fit build but again, only if you are not a total stuck up douche or socially awkward.

Old 10-11-2014, 08:31 PM

2,071 posts, read 2,212,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HansProof View Post
Only women with a true inner confidence and sass responded. Worked out well
This is consistent with my thought process... a shirtless pic of guy with a nice body will serve to filter out the women that have let themselves go, the timid, and those that have a low sex drive/sexually repressed. I would like to hear other male experiences regarding this subject.

Old 10-11-2014, 08:53 PM

5,353 posts, read 5,797,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stockyman View Post
Yes. If you live in a big city where there are a lot of profiles, a shirtless guy with a chiseled physique will get laid quite easily providing he isn't a total douche on his profile or in person. Even if he is not too educated but writes to women with degrees or MBA's he is still getting laid by them.

I never reached that physique level but having a great build is such a game changer. Women love a fit build but again, only if you are not a total stuck up douche or socially awkward.
If this really is the case, I'm going to lose 10 pounds and take that picture.

Old 10-11-2014, 09:02 PM

5,121 posts, read 6,809,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert5 View Post
This is consistent with my thought process... a shirtless pic of guy with a nice body will serve to filter out the women that have let themselves go, the timid, and those that have a low sex drive/sexually repressed. I would like to hear other male experiences regarding this subject.
I haven't let myself go and I have a sex drive (at least, the last guy thought so). But I never liked the shirtless picture. Like I said, to me it said, "looking for a hookup not a relationship" because the focus is on the physical. It's also pretty easy to tell by looking at a guy if he's in shape or not. You can tell by the face, arms, etc. And hopefully he has a full body shot somewhere in the profile. So you don't need to take your shirt off to prove you are in shape.

I should note, I tend to look for older men (in their 40s mainly) and most of them don't post shirtless pictures. When I did online dating and a man would message me (and have a shirtless picture-usually a selfie of him flexing in a dirty mirror) he tended to be in his 20s or such and usually sent a sexually suggestive message--it was clear he was looking for just sex. So in a way, the combination kind of cemented my idea that shirtless guys aren't serious about dating. Also, when I think "shirtless guy in OLD pic" I think, "guy flexing, taking a selfie in a mirror that looks like it's never seen glass cleaner."

Old 10-11-2014, 09:17 PM

5,353 posts, read 5,797,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jillabean View Post
I haven't let myself go and I have a sex drive (at least, the last guy thought so). But I never liked the shirtless picture. Like I said, to me it said, "looking for a hookup not a relationship" because the focus is on the physical. It's also pretty easy to tell by looking at a guy if he's in shape or not. You can tell by the face, arms, etc. And hopefully he has a full body shot somewhere in the profile. So you don't need to take your shirt off to prove you are in shape.

I should note, I tend to look for older men (in their 40s mainly) and most of them don't post shirtless pictures. When I did online dating and a man would message me (and have a shirtless picture-usually a selfie of him flexing in a dirty mirror) he tended to be in his 20s or such and usually sent a sexually suggestive message--it was clear he was looking for just sex. So in a way, the combination kind of cemented my idea that shirtless guys aren't serious about dating. Also, when I think "shirtless guy in OLD pic" I think, "guy flexing, taking a selfie in a mirror that looks like it's never seen glass cleaner."
Good to know, and good to know you date men in their 40's

Old 10-11-2014, 09:42 PM

2,916 posts, read 3,005,206 times
Women like shirtless pics if they think the man has an attractive face and a well-written profile. The washboard abs serve as icing on the cake...the final impetus encouraging her to message you.

If the dude's profile reads as an ode to his douche-like personality, then the muscles will affirm that he's a jack-wagon. However, he probably still gets some action. Probably older women looking for a pool-boy type.

Old 10-11-2014, 11:05 PM

2,071 posts, read 2,212,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilac110 View Post
I'm a Channing Tatum gal, myself. A friend sent me this image on a pillowcase when my ex and I broke up. Sweet dreams, indeed.
Channing looks a lot less in shape in that pic than he was in Magic Mike, I am curious which you prefer? (maybe I will conduct a poll, but I still don't know why last poll got deleted)

Old 10-12-2014, 12:19 AM

6,399 posts, read 6,290,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomadic1 View Post
OP, yes most of those topless guys are looking for sex. Seriously.
Yes, this is pretty much what i thought. Thank you for verifying!
It usually isnt the first pict, closer to last. I'll be drawn in by a nice head shot, then BAM!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilac110 View Post
Wait until you're my age and you're seeing the old farts doing it. Seen more 50-something moobs in three months than a locker room of alumni hockey players.
I usually search up to 55 so i see it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillabean View Post

LOL!!! SO TRUE about the "glass cleaner!" I noticed they looked blurry buy you are spot on! Spend some gym time cleaning your house gosh darn it! That burns calories too! Wear some weights while you do it if u really want a challenge!

Old 10-12-2014, 09:36 AM

4,613 posts, read 4,799,582 times
Same reason that women take almost all their pictures from the top-down...it works.

(from the OKCupid book, a dating site that loves to go data mining)

Obviously, this really only applies if you have something worth showing off. Also, to second the "guys believe that women think like they do" sentiment, you'll see it more in younger guys that don't realize that it isn't true.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships