Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-31-2014, 06:17 PM

708 posts, read 824,213 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
spoken like a defense lawyer, or someone who had to hire one recently.
All it takes is one false allegation to land a guy in jail and his life be ruined. The OP is playing with fire, especially in this day and age. The times of chilling out and taking a chance are over.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2014, 04:13 PM

6,616 posts, read 4,887,429 times
If she's been drinking, probably - but never assume.

Old 11-10-2014, 04:58 PM

102,218 posts, read 107,977,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skywalker2014 View Post
I have a question, maybe it's a dumb one, but when a woman living alone invites her date to come inside...does she wants sex involved?

What do you think?
It depends. What time of day is it? If it's daytime, or dinnertime, no, not in most cases. I'd shudder to think that just because I invited a guy over for tea and a convo, or to see my art collection, or to work on a project together, that he assumed I wanted to be jumped. Really, people, it's terrifying to think that most men out there would assume that, so we women can't make a friendly gesture. That's insane!

Old 11-10-2014, 05:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rego00123 View Post
Not directly no.

It is a sign they trust you, not that sex is Definitively going to happen.
It's an invitation to ultimately ending up having sex, but not a hit out of the park
This.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound;
Maybe... but one thing for sure, go in it without the expectation of sex. This is one area that she needs to lead on. If she is looking for sex, she needs to make it known.....
And this.

The OP, and apparently others, would have us believe that men can't be trusted. This is the message that is being sent on this thread, loud and clear. Think about it guys, is that the message you want to send to women? Do we need to barricade ourselves in against you? We can't ever trust you to come by and hang out? I don't care to live in that kind of world. But if you insist, from this day forward I'll never again invite a guy over unless I'm so into him that it's about sex.

Last edited by Ruth4Truth; 11-10-2014 at 05:34 PM..

Old 11-10-2014, 05:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace_TX View Post
my 3 lines were definately wisdom

there was no need for all these pages

perhaps you all thought i stated it crudely

all i was saying is that you go for it, your a man, if she turns you down then oh well nothing you can really do. she cant fault you for trying

and you dont have to stay around to "watch a movie"

feel free to leave... you might not be in a movie watching mood, in fact probably be better to go do some laps after you just got rejected
No. If you're a man, you don't go for it. You don't behave like an animal, you behave like an intelligent, thoughtful human, and wait for a cue from her. You're a man, not a bull in a china shop. Hopefully.

Old 11-10-2014, 05:28 PM

11,162 posts, read 7,642,612 times
Personally, I don't invite a dude in if I don't want him to stay awhile. But no, I don't think you should assume anything. If you're really not sure, ask. If a woman gets upset that you didn't magically know what she was thinking, she's probably a drama queen in other regards too.

Old 11-10-2014, 05:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petunia 100 View Post
Personally, I don't invite a dude in if I don't want him to stay awhile. But no, I don't think you should assume anything. If you're really not sure, ask. If a woman gets upset that you didn't magically know what she was thinking, she's probably a drama queen in other regards too.
I can see it now:

HER: Hey, thanks for the museum tour and the walk in the park afterwards. Wanna come over for tea/coffee and cake? I made a cake yesterday.

HIM: Is this for sex?

HER: WHAAT?!?? I said CAKE! Tea and chocolate cake! Oh, FORGET IT! And get away from me, I have a taser!

If the world has come to this, it's a sad world, indeed.

Last edited by Ruth4Truth; 11-10-2014 at 06:13 PM..

Old 11-10-2014, 06:06 PM

4,038 posts, read 4,866,029 times
This is another thread where the clueless dudes here are giving all of dudekind a bad rep.

There needs to be a school for the clueless ones, like the old "finishing schools" they had for women, to learn the social graces. To teach guys how to read body language, how to act in certain situations, what not to say, etc. Where are their dads all their lives up to HS grad? Did some of the clueless dudes on our forum have absentee dads?

Old 11-10-2014, 06:13 PM

11,162 posts, read 7,642,612 times
Or mothers? I tell my teen-aged son how girls do and do not like to be treated.

Old 11-10-2014, 06:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petunia 100 View Post
Or mothers? I tell my teen-aged son how girls do and do not like to be treated.
I suspect this is rare, among moms.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships