Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-31-2014, 09:02 AM

4,828 posts, read 4,286,066 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Like Sugar View Post
Not necessarily. When I do it, it means I want to watch a movie and make out.
I LOVE this comment. This is the first thought that comes to my mind if I invite someone to my apartment to "watch" a movie. I at least want to makeout with the person and anything else that happens is a bonus. I've only had one woman who came over that didn't have interest in making out at all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2014, 09:05 AM

3,636 posts, read 3,427,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skywalker2014 View Post
I have a question, maybe it's a dumb one, but when a woman living alone invites her date to come inside...does she wants sex involved?

What do you think?
It means she wants to continue spending time in your company. Whether that is to involve sex or not is not a given at all.

Old 10-31-2014, 09:10 AM

2,053 posts, read 1,528,293 times
When in doubt-ask.

Old 10-31-2014, 09:15 AM

41,936 posts, read 36,981,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weezerfan84 View Post
I LOVE this comment. This is the first thought that comes to my mind if I invite someone to my apartment to "watch" a movie. I at least want to makeout with the person and anything else that happens is a bonus. I've only had one woman who came over that didn't have interest in making out at all.

This is all cool. But seriously, how many times since you've become an adult does someone come over and you just make out?

I can't recall that happening in a decade or more.

Old 10-31-2014, 09:24 AM

4,828 posts, read 4,286,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
This is all cool. But seriously, how many times since you've become an adult does someone come over and you just make out?

I can't recall that happening in a decade or more.
Like I said, only one didn't want to make out at all. In my experience, the women said they didn't plan for it to escalate, but they sure didn't pump the brakes during the process. They went in with no expectations as well. The moment you start planning out the outcome is the moment it blows up in your face.

Old 10-31-2014, 09:26 AM

41,936 posts, read 36,981,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weezerfan84 View Post
Like I said, only one didn't want to make out at all. In my experience, the women said they didn't plan for it to escalate, but they sure didn't pump the brakes during the process. They went in with no expectations as well. The moment you start planning out the outcome is the moment it blows up in your face.

If its a new person without a history, yeah, I agree with this. Just go with the flow, and may it flow flow flow.

Old 10-31-2014, 09:27 AM

2,846 posts, read 2,971,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skywalker2014 View Post
I have a question, maybe it's a dumb one, but when a woman living alone invites her date to come inside...does she wants sex involved?

What do you think?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meyerland View Post
Maybe things didn't work out. Are you obligated to have sex because you are at your home?

What if during dinner you discussed some really cool artifact that you have at your home and she wants to see it?

I can think of many reasons a woman might come to your place.
It's still early and I just had my coffee so shall we?

The above in bold suggests that there was a date and after the date, she invites him over. Clearly THERE IS SOME ATTRACTION. Whatever happens beyond that isn't part of what my question to you was about. Remember, we are in the context of a date, not a business date, not a meeting, but a date and its evolution. Don't reach for things. It was a question regarding your statement below

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meyerland View Post
Let's say that a woman you are not attracted to enters your home. Does it mean you have to have sex with her?
That threw me off because inviting someone into your place of habitat after you have had a date means you ARE ATTRACTED. But now that we cleared that up, you see my point. It's all good. It happens.

Quote:
Originally Posted by monumentus View Post
Shock horror - it might actually be - wait for this as it is a revelation - the people might actually enjoy each others company without sex having to come into it.
I think you are just are at bat swinging without an actual bat. What does that have to do with me asking why would someone invite a date to their home that they are not attracted to? Sure we can start making up reasons but its a date. Do you know the positive evolution of a date? It's not to one day become business partners although, that may be along the lines of your thinking. Don't start pulling straws just to suit your disconnection to reality.

Last edited by halfamazing; 10-31-2014 at 09:42 AM..

Old 10-31-2014, 10:09 AM

3,636 posts, read 3,427,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by halfamazing View Post
The above in bold suggests that there was a date and after the date, she invites him over. Clearly THERE IS SOME ATTRACTION.
The latter does not automatically follow from the former. Thats the bit you appear to be just making up. Don't reach for things.

Quote:
That threw me off because inviting someone into your place of habitat after you have had a date means you ARE ATTRACTED.
No. It does not. Not always. Inviting them into your house means nothing more than you want them in your house. Anything else you are adding to that - you are doing so off the back of fantasy. But now that we cleared that up, you see my point.
Quote:
I think you are just are at bat swinging without an actual bat. What does that have to do with me asking why would someone invite a date to their home that they are not attracted to?
Pointless references to bats notwithstanding - it has everything to do with it. Some people go on dates - find the other person not to be sexually attractive - but they they enjoy their company. The inviting them into the home is a way to continue being in that company.

Quote:
Sure we can start making up reasons but its a date.
Dates are not computer transistors with a 0 and 1 state. They do not have to end up in sex and relationship - or a parting of ways. They can result in friendships too. So yet again my answer is relevant. People invite other people into their house - even after dates - merely because they find they enjoy that persons company and wish to prolong the experience.

These 0/1 and Black/White rules you keep trying to apply to human interactions and human relationships might look good on paper to you all the time - but they do not map onto reality at all. Don't start pulling straws just to suit your disconnection to reality.

Old 10-31-2014, 10:14 AM

12,535 posts, read 15,206,384 times
I am convinced that there are some things in this world that cannot be explained by people who have experienced them to people who have not.

Sometimes, you just need to learn for yourself. This is one of those times.

Seriously. It really is getting to the point on this forum where people sound like they want some kind of magic handbook of translation, when really, there are so many things that cannot be taught, and so many things that rely on body language, voice inflection, context, and everything else. It's called "reading people," and the only way you become good at it is to get off the bleepin' computer and go out and LIVE.

Old 10-31-2014, 10:22 AM

5,481 posts, read 8,581,436 times
Doesn't always necessarily mean that, but at the same time, she cant fault the man for thinking she does.

If I'm in that situation, I just go with the flow. If she gives me the signs and green light I'll take it. If she's sitting on the other sofa and keeping to herself then it shows she just wanted company.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships