Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-02-2014, 03:13 PM

52,269 posts, read 52,700,922 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cristo666 View Post
So you know what your league is and what you should stay away from. Also, if you are a 6 or below, stay away from online dating.

At least for me, it's about minimizing rejection.
Stop thinking so much and just make a few moves in your life, you go for a hotter woman out of your "league" whats the worse that can happen... I get that rejection stings and I was never a huge player guy but you gotta be in it to win it.... see below post.

//www.city-data.com/forum/37089612-post201.html

Old 11-02-2014, 03:14 PM

11,157 posts, read 14,006,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cristo666 View Post
I don't walk around with a sign on my head reflecting my personal beliefs. All I know is that I don't typically attract women unless I try really hard....and I never attract women online.
But that stuff comes out. You may not realize it, but you probably advertise it a lot more than you realize.

Old 11-02-2014, 03:16 PM

19,429 posts, read 15,248,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
Do you put it in a bun?
No, but he puts it in a Legolas. Or, better yet, The Dude.

legolas - Bing Images

Old 11-02-2014, 03:16 PM

1,165 posts, read 1,220,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iknowftbll View Post
But that stuff comes out. You may not realize it, but you probably advertise it a lot more than you realize.
Be that as it may, I didn't always feel this way. I actually used to be more on the feminist side of things when I was younger. I haven't noticed any change in my attractiveness to women since adjusting my viewpoints. It had absolutely no effect on anything.

Old 11-02-2014, 03:17 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,868,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaOfGrass View Post
No, but he puts it in a Legolas. Or, better yet, The Dude.

legolas - Bing Images
I will always picture him as an older Orlando now.lol!

Old 11-02-2014, 03:18 PM

2,912 posts, read 2,444,160 times
I'm sorry but I'll have to disagree. I've always thought that this is highly subjective and simplistic. In reality, it's much more complex than this and there are a lot more factors. Personally, I've never really been approached by a woman. However, I've had some gay men hit on me. Granted this was when I was living in Miami which obviously has a high gay population, but happened nonetheless. Also, I've been on a dating site for two months and gone on five dates. I think some people are really too obsessed with this number rating.

Old 11-02-2014, 03:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound
While this is logical and seems like sounds advice... it's actually not.... life is about risk and reward, not just in terms of your love life, but all facets of life....... the metaphorical roulette table........ you have to be out there to reap the benefits...

The "risk" is the risk of getting the proverbial "sledgehammer to the groin", but the rewards of experiencing all the pros of opening yourself up to love and connection and all that goes with it.....can be a full life.....

Put it this way... yes.. you can be safe huddled in the cave looking at the reflections of life via the fire on the wall, aka the allegory of the cave, or are ya gonna go for it....

You got to be in it to win it.......
Yeah, but wouldn't it bother you to know that that woman allowed better-looking men to date her with far less effort and, only because those men treated her poorly, she settled down with you?

Well, it bothers me.

I'd rather have someone in my league that values me than someone much better looking than me that settled for me. So that's why I only hit on women in my league. Even that doesn't work a good portion of the time.

Old 11-02-2014, 03:20 PM

14,767 posts, read 17,116,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
Naw. I rate men on a scale of 1 to 124. There are just to many things to judge on.

Then I convert them into pie charts... lay them all side by side.... and make my choice.

A scale of 1-10 is for amateurs.
sometimes the binary scale works just fine

Old 11-02-2014, 03:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by david0966 View Post
I'm sorry but I'll have to disagree. I've always thought that this is highly subjective and simplistic. In reality, it's much more complex than this and there are a lot more factors. Personally, I've never really been approached by a woman. However, I've had some gay men hit on me. Granted this was when I was living in Miami which obviously has a high gay population, but happened nonetheless. Also, I've been on a dating site for two months and gone on five dates. I think some people are really too obsessed with this number rating.
I have gay men hitting on me fairly often too. I always assumed that that means that I'm feminine looking or that I look like an easy target or something.

Old 11-02-2014, 03:21 PM

48,532 posts, read 34,863,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artemis agrotera View Post
sometimes the binary scale works just fine
I seem to enjoy over-complicating things. Just ask my husband.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships