Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-02-2014, 04:42 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,181,467 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cristo666 View Post
My particular issues aren't as frowned upon in other cultures.

And I agree that below average people find love and that there are leagues, which is why I think it's a good idea to identify your number and stick to your own league.
I don't believe in number leagues. That's BS. What I do agree with Lilac about is that water usually seeks its own level. You are taking ONE factor of human attraction and making it the end all be all. I would say that most couples - and definitely not all - are fairly equally matched in terms of many things - such as social class, education, religiousness, intelligence, and looks (and probably many more things that I'm missing). And one of the reasons for this is that you are more likely to meet someone within your "league" and all that it entails simply based on who you are and what you do.

Old 11-02-2014, 04:44 PM

5,324 posts, read 6,104,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilac110 View Post
By whom? Your idiot friend who cut-and-pasted a post from Loveshack and sent it to you? (Yeah, hi, Google the first line of what you quoted.)

Look, I don't doubt there are leagues. To a certain extent, water finds and seeks its own level, and there have been a bazillion experiments that show that symmetry and the Golden Ratio count in determining beauty regardless of culture or country.

BUT, as has been pointed out several times on this thread, plenty of average and below average-looking people find love.

I think it's when people get hung up on finding the trophy hot partner that the trouble starts. Plenty of guys right here on this very board who say things like they would divorce a woman for putting on 25 pounds, and there is a lot of blather about how women's beauty expires at age 30. I'll be honest: I wonder how many of those guys are fug.
Do you realize that you just agreed with him that there are leagues and that average and unattractive people should stick to approaching their own? Lol

Old 11-02-2014, 04:45 PM

2,912 posts, read 2,445,220 times
Quote:

And I agree that below average people find love and that there are leagues, which is why I think it's a good idea to identify your number and stick to your own league.
Or you can just approach someone you're interested in and see if they are interested too. If they are then great, if not that's fine too. Just suck it up and move on. The sun will still come up tomorrow.

Old 11-02-2014, 04:45 PM

4,038 posts, read 4,866,732 times
Quote:
A friend of mine sent this to me. I think it's pretty accurate. What do you all think?
I don't relate to life and dating this way. That scale only rates people on looks. There's a lot more to what makes a "10" than just looks. If someone has the best looks but is psychologically damaged or a jerk, that brings 'em down to a 5, if that.

So, whatever.

Old 11-02-2014, 04:46 PM

12,535 posts, read 15,209,412 times
Quote:

What, height? I will admit, women can be stupid about that at times, especially young ones. I had a thing for taller guys in my early 20s. A preference, in the true sense, because I would go out with guys who weren't tall, too. Height only confers so much of an advantage for so long, though. Then women often grow out of it, no pun intended.

Old 11-02-2014, 04:49 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,886,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilac110 View Post
What, height? I will admit, women can be stupid about that at times, especially young ones. I had a thing for taller guys in my early 20s. A preference, in the true sense, because I would go out with guys who weren't tall, too. Height only confers so much of an advantage for so long, though. Then women often grow out of it, no pun intended.
Very true women do get over height.

16,960 posts, read 17,354,326 times
Quote:
A friend of mine sent this to me. I think it's pretty accurate. What do you all think?
I think, it's just a bunch of whining.

1,165 posts, read 1,221,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdroplet76 View Post
I don't believe in number leagues. That's BS. What I do agree with Lilac about is that water usually seeks its own level. You are taking ONE factor of human attraction and making it the end all be all. I would say that most couples - and definitely not all - are fairly equally matched in terms of many things - such as social class, education, religiousness, intelligence, and looks (and probably many more things that I'm missing). And one of the reasons for this is that you are more likely to meet someone within your "league" and all that it entails simply based on who you are and what you do.
I'm intelligent, educated, and upper middle class. I'm also friendly in real life and have many friends. Women on these levels will not date me.

So, obviously, it is due to my looks.

From my experience and observations, women will only look at the other things if men meet their requirements for physical attributes. If the man doesn't, he is not considered at all. The only exceptions to this are if that particular woman is having trouble attracting the top men and that average to ugly man is liked by her friends. Her friends will then convince her to give the guy a shot (ie: she will settle for him). Then, he has to be absolutely perfect or she will move on.

I've had this particular scenario happen to me multiple times.

Old 11-02-2014, 04:50 PM

1,165 posts, read 1,221,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
Very true women do get over height.
Only when they are older, when their biological clock is ticking and they don't have many options.

Old 11-02-2014, 04:51 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,886,422 times
Quote:
I'm intelligent, educated, and upper middle class. I'm also friendly in real life and have many friends. Women on these levels will not date me.

So, obviously, it is due to my looks.

From my experience and observations, women will only look at the other things if men meet their requirements for physical attributes. If the man doesn't, he is not considered at all. The only exceptions to this are if that particular woman is having trouble attracting the top men and that average to ugly man is liked by her friends. Her friends will then convince her to give the guy a shot (ie: she will settle for him). Then, he has to be absolutely perfect or she will move on.

I've had this particular scenario happen to me multiple times.
Do you bathe? Wear deodorant?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships