Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-07-2014, 02:35 PM

4,463 posts, read 6,229,875 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by P.Varma View Post
Are you all mocking me?
Hopefully they are not, I can think of alot of guys in US culture that would be all for arranged marriage. The current dynamic works really well for women not men. Why do you think so many men are looking over seas.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2014, 02:40 PM

39,232 posts, read 27,611,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by highlife2 View Post
Hopefully they are not, I can think of alot of guys in US culture that would be all for arranged marriage. The current dynamic works really well for women not men. Why do you think so many men are looking over seas.
MOST of them look overseas because they are impatient. like my cousin.
He's not a bad looking man, he is 6'2" but he has no social skills. He wanted to get married and though women overseas are more "obedient" (for lack of a better word).

I don't think these men cannot find an American woman or they cannot handle a strong woman, I think they have issues (I am not implying anything, I can only talk about people I know)

When they got their mail order bride, they also got their biggest surprise. These women expected way too much, and they often have hidden agenda (NOT saying all of them do)

Old 11-07-2014, 02:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdgarAllenPoe1800 View Post
Not bad advice. Only problem is it will get darn expensive if you have to continually do that to keep the pipes clean.
The cheapest I was able to find on craigslist back when I was single for a few weeks between my first and second wife was $100 encounter (and that was with a barely average woman). If your a young guy and want it 5 days a week thats 2k a month. The price goes WAY up if she is even somewhat cute.

Why do you think we have these discussions about settling all the time. If a guy could get BJ with a nice finish for $20 all of these discussions would be moot.

Old 11-07-2014, 02:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
MOST of them look overseas because they are impatient. like my cousin.
He's not a bad looking man, he is 6'2" but he has no social skills. He wanted to get married and though women overseas are more "obedient" (for lack of a better word).

I don't think these men cannot find an American woman or they cannot handle a strong woman, I think they have issues (I am not implying anything, I can only talk about people I know)

When they got their mail order bride, they also got their biggest surprise. These women expected way too much, and they often have hidden agenda (NOT saying all of them do)
I think mail order brides are a horrible idea, as a guy it makes more sense to move to that country and find a woman and have her teach you the culture and language (perhaps learn it conversationally before you go).

Also I dont know why women try to paint men wanting an obiedient wife as a negitive, its hard wired in our brains. Of course its only ok to be strong and dominant if your a hot brawny paper towel guy.

Old 11-07-2014, 02:48 PM

Quote:
I think mail order brides are a horrible idea, as a guy it makes more sense to move to that country and find a woman and have her teach you the culture and language (perhaps learn it conversationally before you go).

Also I dont know why women try to paint men wanting an obiedient wife as a negitive, its hard wired in our brains. Of course its only ok to be strong and dominant if your a hot brawny paper towel guy.
I am not going to comment on your second paragraph because I don't know.

The first paragraph, my cousin went to China for his bride. She took care him as if he was some kind of King (His words not mine) When he actually imported her HERE. she completely changed. She wanted a lot of things that my cousin simply cannot provide. He is not rich, he makes $70k a year.

She thinks every guy in the United States is rich. I don't blame her I think she watched too much TV. Unfortunately, reality is simply not reality TV.

Old 11-07-2014, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
I am not going to comment on your second paragraph because I don't know.

The first paragraph, my cousin went to China for his bride. She took care him as if he was some kind of King (His words not mine) When he actually imported her HERE. she completely changed. She wanted a lot of things that my cousin simply cannot provide. He is not rich, he makes $70k a year.

She thinks every guy in the United States is rich. I don't blame her I think she watched too much TV. Unfortunately, reality is simply not reality TV.
That is the only unfortunate down side of the over seas dynamic, if you want a forign woman and you want it to work long term you cant come back to the USA. And if you have alot of family and friends here in the USA that becomes quite the trade off, even if you have saved enough to live in her country for a long time.

that just shows the level of desperation that women are causing in men. To have to leave the USA and never come back in order to have a naked woman in bed next to you every night is pretty extreme, but its happening more and more.

BTW the last comment is true, I have seen it play out in real life, if you are assertive and dominant and your a hot guy the women swoon but if you behave the same way and your average or below your a creep. Its not really a secret anymore.

Old 11-07-2014, 02:55 PM

Quote:
That is the only unfortunate down side of the over seas dynamic, if you want a forign woman and you want it to work long term you cant come back to the USA. And if you have alot of family and friends here in the USA that becomes quite the trade off, even if you have saved enough to live in her country for a long time.

that just shows the level of desperation that women are causing in men. To have to leave the USA and never come back in order to have a naked woman in bed next to you every night is pretty extreme, but its happening more and more.
I've been to China (Shang Hai) It is a very modern city and many women have been to the United States. They speak very good English and understand a little bit of the culture. These women don't look for an American husband, they just want a good husband. Perhaps these are good candidates.

These woman have great jobs and are very ambitious. I introduced one of my guy friends to a friend whom I made in Shang Hai. I wouldn't call her a mail order bride, she is simply somebody he met overseas. I think they will get married pretty soon.

Plus, she has a green card.

One of my art school instructor is this extremely hot blond from Russia. She is one of a kind, and she married her husband when she was in Russia.

Old 11-07-2014, 02:59 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,264,326 times
Quote:

BTW the last comment is true, I have seen it play out in real life, if you are assertive and dominant and your a hot guy the women swoon but if you behave the same way and your average or below your a creep. Its not really a secret anymore.
GTFO, man. Dramatic much?

Women are not forcing men to move to another country to find a wife.

Sheeeesh.

Yes, I suppose a woman will tolerate more bossy behavior from a man who is very attractive, very wealthy, very good in bed, or any combination of those than she will a man who is average to below average. That's a general statement, though. Some men just have IT. And around the right woman, IT is hot.

IT, is not universal. Not like the other attributes I mentioned.

So, my point is that plenty of men in the US can successfully date, have sex, get married... While being just average Joes.

They may not be dating supermodels and movie stars, but those types of expectations are pretty unreasonable.

Old 11-07-2014, 03:18 PM

Quote:
To have to leave the USA and never come back in order to have a naked woman in bed next to you every night is pretty extreme, but its happening more and more.

and my cousin's wife doesn't give him much sex. There are a lot of things she simply wouldn't do.

If I were a guy, I would rather have a hooker than a foreign bride who just doesn't love me or doesn't understand the culture. Then again, that is just me.

Old 11-07-2014, 03:28 PM

5,624 posts, read 6,846,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adi from the Brunswicks View Post
I'd much rather take the time to court and commit.
Adi is on to something here OP. Look into Courting instead of dating. Its about more than just kissing and sex. It could be a good medium for you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships